It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter poses with dead giraffe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm not against hunting, but I think this is going too far. I'm sure you can eat a giraffe but I don't think that's why she killed it. I understand our evolutionary connection to hunting. I'm glad that I can hunt and fish in the case that I would ever need to for survival, however unlikely that may be. But I just don't get this. It doesn't seem necessary.

Link

Edit: I do realize the locals where going to eat the giraffe and it was weak. But still, this isn't always the case.... Link 2
edit on 4/15/2015 by newWorldSamurai because: Additional Info

edit on 4/15/2015 by newWorldSamurai because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Is it endangered? No. What business is it of anyone else's?

To me it's gotten absolutely crazy that many of these same people who will go batslap crazy over someone who hunts and takes pride in that skill and isn't ashamed of it because they cannot abide the perceived animal cruelty would applaud this same woman if she had chosen to murder her children in the womb.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai
I'm not against hunting, but I think this is going too far. I'm sure you can eat a giraffe but I don't think that's why she killed it. I understand our evolutionary connection to hunting. I'm glad that I can hunt and fish in the case that I would ever need to for survival, however unlikely that may be. But I just don't get this. It doesn't seem necessary.

Link
someone should hunt her and take a pic after...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Wonder if she could have done it without the guide.

She goes on to say she did it for the village, some how I doubt the natives of that area would have any trouble bagging this giraffe if they needed it.

I don't have issues with hunting to provide.
The hunting for sport and solely to just kill is what find disturbing.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What does abortion have to do with this?

Why cloud the topic with that...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm cool with hunting as long as the prey would be put to good use to feed people.

Trophy gathering is so 20th Century.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it endangered? No. What business is it of anyone else's?

To me it's gotten absolutely crazy that many of these same people who will go batslap crazy over someone who hunts and takes pride in that skill and isn't ashamed of it because they cannot abide the perceived animal cruelty would applaud this same woman if she had chosen to murder her children in the womb.

There's hunting for sustenance and there's hunting for sport only. Seems like maybe some of both in this particular situation. There's people like myself in the middle that think hunting for sport only is not necessary. It also depends on the animal. While I have no problems setting out a mouse trap, I'd have problems killing a dog. I realize that may be hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wonder if she could have done it without the guide.

She goes on to say she did it for the village, some how I doubt the natives of that area would have any trouble bagging this giraffe if they needed it.

I don't have issues with hunting to provide.
The hunting for sport and solely to just kill is what find disturbing.

Exactly. Like I said, I'm not against hunting for sustenance. But that big smile on her face says otherwise.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh, it's so horrible to murder something like that giraffe ... but we stand by a woman's right to murder her children.

After all this was started by Ricky Gervais who is pro-choice. If this woman had been celebrating her right to choose, he'd be all in for her, but she can't celebrate her right to choose when it comes to a giraffe ...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Killing an animal that is clearly alive is different than the debate of when life is created.

So again, have nothing to do with each other, just clouding the issue.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh, it's so horrible to murder something like that giraffe ... but we stand by a woman's right to murder her children.

After all this was started by Ricky Gervais who is pro-choice. If this woman had been celebrating her right to choose, he'd be all in for her, but she can't celebrate her right to choose when it comes to a giraffe ...

Point taken. But these are not interdependent arguments. The can be debated separately. This is not an abortion thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Was the giraffe inside her body? Was it dependent on her? If not, the two are not comparable.

I don't have anything against hunting, especially if it's used for food, etc., but there is something about this that's very sad...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Whatever she says the giraffe population is decreasing dramatically, from 140000 in 1999 to less than 80000 now, due to trophy hunting, loss of habitat, human overpopulation, etc. (www.giraffeconservation.org...). I am not a vegetarian, but I try not to abuse the unnecessary killing of animals to satisfy my nutritional needs. Killing for food does not need a smiling picture next to the dead animal... she should learn to show respect to all creatures.

But I understand Ketsuko's point and it would make for an interesting thread (I won't add more to avoid going off topic).

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Boo frickin who...
If Ricky don't like it, let Ricky change the laws in that country. His country probably invaded that county one time or another in the name of the queen.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I seen this the other day and my expression of disgust is the same!

Fracking Bitch!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'm cool with hunting as long as the prey would be put to good use to feed people.

Trophy gathering is so 20th Century.

She just needed a pic for social media.

It's the 21st Century replacement.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

she's doable...IMHO.

(no, not the giraffe)

Great selfies. We should all go to her facebook and like her.

Huntress....is that when you take a gun, hide behind the bushes and shoot at an unsuspecting animal stone dead ?

I guess that's a skill...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I do not eat meat But do respect those who hunt for food ... Real hunters respect their prey ... this girl gives hunting a bad name ... She is not a real hunter ...

She gives the excuse that she killed this Giraffe for the villagers ... BS ... she is a self publicist with no respect for animals

It does not make me angry ... just sad and sick at heart ...

Hopefully one day she will learn a valuable lesson ... Again I respect those who hunt for food but this girl I do not

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hunting big game to "help the village" is just what the rich say now publically to make everyone feel better about the big game trophy hunts.

It is en vogue to make that statement when you are in the right circles of trophy hunting.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy..... not.
edit on 15-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Agreed, the native people of that area would have zero issues with getting the game they needed.

Now if they are using this to get some currency, then good on them. Doesn't change the motive of those carrying out the kill though.

They just get to 'feel good' cause they are doing the work for the indigenous people I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join