It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Labels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Warning Labels?

So, they put these horrific pictures and warnings on every package of cigarettes to make it clear how bad they are and yet they are legal to have for adults.

Why not have pictures of car crashes on bottles of liquor?

Why not have pictures of clogged arteries on fast food?

How about pictures on cell phones of your brain being fried?

Why not pictures of your respiratory system getting attacked by perfume, cologne, detergents and any other fragrances?

How about putting warnings and pictures on every car not to text message or use cell phones or drink or eat or tailgate or speed while driving?

How about a warning and picture on your alarm clock not to leave the house ever?

How about a warning label on every church that there is a pedophile ready to abuse your kids on premises?

How about having cops wear warning labels that they could shoot you for any reason?

The list is endless I am certain of the need for warning labels on many things, but I want more pictures included.

What would you like to add to the list?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only reason they are on cigarettes, is to avoid lawsuits, i never heard of anyone suing a liquor company for crashing their car while drunk, but there was people who was suing cigarette company's for various illnesses from smoking.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well said, I totally agree. How about a label for governments " warning will say one thing to get your vote then will turn around and do opposite and worse"

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You can usually tell which products have been sued. They're the ones with the stupid warning labels. Wasn't there a drill running around with a warning label that told people they shouldn't try to use it to scratch their nose?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Excellent point(s).

Is there a warning about spending excessive amounts of time visiting on "ATS"?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Maybe we should sue all the liquor companies then on behalf of all the children forced to grow up without parents?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Should be considered armed and dangerous, also, very bad for your eyes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

They should put that on every voting machine.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

And a huge sign on the SUN do not look directly at it for it will cause blindness.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Because cigarettes are the boogie man.....unless they contain pot, then they are fine.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Because cigarettes are the boogie man.....unless they contain pot, then they are fine.

I fully expect cigarettes to be illegal the day they pass a tax on carbon that charges us for breathing out. Until then, cigs are the closest thing they have to a sin tax that can't be escaped because of how addictive nicotine tends to be. A carbon tax ... now that would be the Holy Grail - the sin tax you really can only escape by dying.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There is a warning on charcoal briquettes telling me not to barbecue inside my home, tent, or vehicle.
That sure messes up my plans for the evening.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My favorite is when you see a commercial that is clearly CGI or fake, but they put a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen. There is a battery commercial where a kid sticks a toy dinosaur in a box and then the dinosaur comes to life. When they show the dinosaur, at the bottom of the screen it says "Fictionalization". WTF?

There is another car commercial where a car is sitting in traffic and decides to jump his car off a ramp on top of a moving train to avoid the traffic jam. The disclaimer says "Do Not Attempt". Seriously?

The warning labels are a function of an overly litigious society where people do not take responsibility for their own actions.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think they serve a function, but they should include pictures of the consequences involved.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The warning should be to not touch them with bare hands while hot

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That about covers it, I agree with your OP in its entirety.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Calm down and have a smoke....

new topics

top topics

join