It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just following orders... Save it. It doesn't matter.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I came across this today and the message really resonated[/url]

Not much more to say really. The writer, did a good job.

All the lessons are in the history books. Germany 1931....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

My computer at work does not have audio. Can you please Summarize the Point in OP please?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You might enjoy reading up on a guy named Stanley Milgram and his science experiments back in the 60's.

IIRC there was also a french "reality tv" show on the topic.

Basically, humans are pretty likely to follow orders, even when they know better. Blindly following authority seems to be human nature.
I also seem to recall finding some stats on the experiment indicating that followers of certain religions were far more likely to take those orders "all the way" than atheists... but I'm not recalling anything too specific.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I'll paraphrase.

If you are LEO, listen to these words. "I was just following orders". Those words are irrelevant.
A moral order is something you would be willing to do with or without a badge.
If you choose to carry out immoral orders, you will be held accountable.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thanks for that, unfortunately I don't suspect many cops will be watching this well thought out presentation. Perhaps a
verbatim handout by individuals to Cops they encounter during the course of their day ? But do you want to be the one handing them out. I might, but I'm fairly sure I'd eventually run into a hard nose who will give me a very difficult time. Do I care to subject myself to that very real possibility ? Of course this is my scenario. Additionally, I frankly do not see many willing to even consider disobeying an order. This is their job, they may have family, try explaining I quit my job to your wife . Few people will quit on moral grounds. Just my two cents but I think
it's to little to late. And there will ALWAYS be someone willing to step up and do as they are told.

edit on 15-4-2015 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I came across this today and the message really resonated[/url]

Not much more to say really. The writer, did a good job.

All the lessons are in the history books. Germany 1931....

Wow a Brain and looks and articulate..... Some guy is very lucky.... I have look at her other videos!!!

www.josietheoutlaw.com/

I feel encouraged that there might be hope in the US!!!!!!

Thanks for your link and encouragement S n F!!!!

Edited to add..... I keep hearing Leos on ATS explain that there are good cops out there.... Question on the latest shooting of Walter Scott why were there no good cops reporting. So many that should now be fired for falsification of their reports..... The same goes for the beating of Francis Jared Pusok. Thank you NBC for having the balls to publish your video.... where were the good cops trying to stop this outrageous beating????

edit on 4/15/2015 by IceHappy because: Stated in the added para

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy
Thanks for the link to her web page
Just sent this fine young lady a hundred bucks. Can't say I disagree with ANYTHING she says during her interview and it was fairly obvious the interviewer was being a real ass. At the very least, it would be nice if ATS members kicked in TEN bucks a month which is all she asks. Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Anyone who follows an unmoral order is a piece of #. I have more valor and morality than to listen to some evil bastards take on the problem. I'll lead instead of follow. There's a whole lot of us who will do just that. We'd rather die than be a monster or a slave. There will always be leaders and followers. Question authority with morality.

Sometimes you have to fight for your freedom. I think it's that time.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What a woman. She has more courage than the rest of the most of the "men" in this country. Love her.

VinMan.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to pass it along.
I've heard cops say that they would flat out refuse to go along with gun confiscation but whether or not they actually would when or if the time came, I can't say. I can say that there are some out there that take their oath to actually uphold the constitution seriously. Sadly, I think they're outnumbered.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

Thanks for the videos and link to the site. I've spent the last hour watching them.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to pass it along.
I've heard cops say that they would flat out refuse to go along with gun confiscation but whether or not they actually would when or if the time came, I can't say. I can say that there are some out there that take their oath to actually uphold the constitution seriously. Sadly, I think they're outnumbered.

Yeah, those same cops are the same ones who are happily handing out tickets to make money, have no problems with no-knock warrants... those cops that are all about the Constitution should be the FIRST to call out the summary executions of minorities. Oddly, we don't hear a PEEP out of those curs because they are yellow.

Derek
edit on 15-4-2015 by Viesczy because: grammar

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Another question to ask that goes with what she is asking is....how will you feel when you are ordered to do something that is wrong and then you realize that there is an officer carrying out the same orders on someone in your family?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Following up on my last post, here...

en.wikipedia.org...

The french had a documentary in which there was a fake game show in which a player is given instructions to indirectly harm another human.
Given orders from the host, and cheered on by an audience, these players would go so far as to "kill" another human being in the name of doing what they were told.

Some players reported having nightmares and PTSD-like symptoms months later.

en.wikipedia.org...

The wiki is really a pretty terrible source for this sort of stuff, but good data is so much work to find.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is a great example of LEO's following immoral orders.

A $2000 fine was levied for the crime of feeding the homeless.

new topics

top topics

join