It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Years Ago Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
People generally loath April 15th as it is tax Day here in the US. For me it marks the day when I had to put my best friend of almost 13 years to sleep. For whatever reason I thought of her immediately upon awaking...remembering how I carried her in to be euthanized...and saying my last goodbye. It's had me on the verge of tears several times today.

I have two new(er) dogs now. Both beagles like Molly...and both rescues. To honor her memory I took them both on the route that Molly and I used to walk almost daily. They embraced the change in routine with the excitement that only a beagle can bring. (What's better than new smells?) And they were eager to meet every new person who we passed by. Funny, but as busy as these guys keep me I still miss Molly from time to time.

It's a shame our dogs are only with us a short while but the joy and the memories last a lifetime. Continue to rest in peace Molly.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Aw... what a beautiful girl! I'm sorry for your loss. But you're right about the memories...

Today's date has a different association for me. It's my Cara's 13th birthday. She's hobbling around (dysplasia and arthritis) but still wags her tail and loves attention. I'm afraid she won't be with us for long.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What a sweet puppy (no matter how old they get they are all still puppies to me). So sorry she had to go.

Just a few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our own 13 yo puppy, a lab/border collie mix. His name was Buddy. Even though the hurt is still fresh we can't help thinking about who our next dog might be ... and we've been considering a lovely beagle like your Molly. She has a sweet loving face. From what I've read, beagles have happy friendly dispositions, are very smart and lots of fun.

edit on 15-4-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

RIP Molly.

I grew up with beagles. My mom always tells the story of when I took off following one of the beagles as a very young child. I was no more than 2-3 years old when I was gone for several hours having followed a male beagle that had a 'friend' about a mile and a half away. They're great dogs.

Glad to hear you were able to make good memories today on the anniversary.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ive got a bit of a soft spot for beagals, ive never had one but every one that ive met was friendly and mad!!, nice photo to remember a friend.
All the best.
B. V. H

top topics

join