It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arizona police : police cruisers are the " new " take down weapon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

white privilege?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes you are right, I was shocked myself when I seen the video, he flew in the air after been hit, I wonder why somebody didn't tased him or attempted to.

Very shocking, but I guess been arm and shooting in the air made him arm and dangerous.

Specially with all the protest and actions again police this days.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am on the fence with this one. I feel the use of a vehicle can be justified.

I think the officer who was closest to the suspect should have been the one to decide on a course of action.

This is a tough one to call but I also feel the vocal reaction of the first officer to what he was witnessing is very telling when it comes to the level of violence used to stop this person.

That all being said it would have been a tough call for me and I am glad no one else was hurt.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TAWonATS
I am on the fence with this one. I feel the use of a vehicle can be justified.

I think the officer who was closest to the suspect should have been the one to decide on a course of action.

This is a tough one to call but I also feel the vocal reaction of the first officer to what he was witnessing is very telling when it comes to the level of violence used to stop this person.

That all being said it would have been a tough call for me and I am glad no one else was hurt.

Sounded to me like it was the policeman who actually hit the man told that first patrolman to back off as that policeman had no body armour. Thing is, there is no attempt at containment, and by virtue of that no negotiation, as the first policeman attempted. But overall, do you see what happened here? A dodgy ex NY policeman used his car to put an end to things, told the first policeman more or less to feck off out of the way, and his actions ultimately exonerated, and....by virtue of that, could get a gong out of it. crazy stuff! I'm not impressed.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Great job to the police he wanted suicide by cop and got lots of pain instead.

It's going to be a long hot summer

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Connman
They should have let the idiot shoot himself and stopped him the first time. Why damage a police car and private property? Some of the people here on ATS seem lost in this police hate.

When you get lost in police hate your facial expressions, body language, choice of words, tone of voice and your actions all transmit that message to the overstressed and possibly mentally unstable policeman or woman who has engaged with you. No wonder some people are always having trouble with the police.

A black man who lives near here was the only black teenager in his neighbourhood in the 80's. He was never into crime but every time a young black male was reported as having committed a crime in that area the police came to him. It still bothers him to this day, but he says they never treated him unfairly. Take the same situation with a young man of whatever race who has adopted police hate and I'm sure he would at some time have been treated unfairly and possibly gone on to a life of crime.

A friend who works with prisoners says many of the black men in British jails are there because the constant racial profiling led them to despairingly following the path they were assumed to be on. It all seems like a sick psychological game being played by the bankers and politicians to keep us divided and easily ruled. Encouraging police hate through fashionable music, paid trolls on forums etc. is part of that. (Of course we know there are no paid trolls on ATS.)

The speed of the car was shockingly fast and the cop seems to be a wildman. But he was the man on the spot and he did remove the stolen gun from irresponsible hands.
edit on 16 4 2015 by Kester because: word order

This song provides slaves for the prison industrial complex.

These artists are sold out traitors.

edit on 16 4 2015 by Kester because: add video

edit on 16 4 2015 by Kester because: spacing

edit on 16 4 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You don't deploy non-lethal to a person that has lethal means of response.

The LEO did the correct thing. This is exactly what happens when you bring a Gun to a Car fight.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You don't deploy non-lethal to a person that has lethal means of response.

The LEO did the correct thing. This is exactly what happens when you bring a Gun to a Car fight.

In all seriousness though, wouldn't it be more humane and safer for the police to just shoot him? Also count the cost of fixing that untility box and cruiser and medical aid to both suspect and police officer.

I really don't advocate shooting people if there is a better way around it but in this case...shooting was better than running him over all the way round.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Do we know that this guy had intentions of shooting anyone?
Did anyone try maybe asking him wtf he was doing?

He had a loaded rifle, he'd commited a robbery, he's started 3 fires and shot into the air and who knows where the bullets landed and on whom.

Yes, I would of sat him down and asked him nicely over a cup of steaming hot Coffee and maybe a cup cake what his intentions with the loaded firearm were before taking him out....
edit on AM5Fri20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join