It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to share a gorgeous gift with any one who is interested.

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There is this website called mynoise

www.mynoise.net...

One man alone goes out to places around the world and literally records sounds and ambiences, then separates each sound onto a 10 slider generator. Ive been using this site for a long time now to relax, sleep, get motivated, wrap myself up in memories, etc. It seems every week or two Stephane (owner of the site) adds another generator and a short time ago, he created the means to use up to five different generators together to mix and match sounds.

He's awesome in that one doesn't have to pay a thing to use quite a few of the different soundscapes - but if one wants to donate at minimum 2 dollars I believe, it unlocks the other generators - though in time, Stephane does make some of those available for non paying guests/members. He's just awesome like that.

A sample (in name only) of the different generators:

Indian Drone, Bagpipes, White Noise, Grey Noise, Laundromat, Cave water, Ocean Waves, Sailboat, Grassland (no kidding, he sat in a field and let the cows and sheep and horses just move around him, eating and making noise), Thunder, Rain, Rain on a Tent, Isochronic Generator, Binaural Beats, Cat Purr, Fireplace, Spring Walk, WInter Walk, Binaural Sheppard (yes, THE Sheppard tone), he's got creepy soundscapes, industrial soundscapes, Babble Noise, Coffee shop Noise, Fan Noise, DAta Center, Train, those fighter planes from ww2, Code Breaker, Shortwave Radio, Dungeon noises for Roleplay/gaming nights, Evil Whisper for Roleplay/gaming nights, Battlefield sounds for Roleplay/gaming nights, Temple Bells, Wooden Chimes, Frog Pond, and that's just a wee sample of it all; more are posted at least twice a month.

Most of the generators can be callibrated for your personal hearing threshold as well and a few generators actually help you improve your hearing as Stephane is a doctor in sound, hearing, etc. He does more than the mynoise site:

stephanepigeon.com...

yes, that's his last name there, Pigeon. He's from France and just wow. His gifts of sound generators etc are an amazing thing and now you can enjoy them all as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Thats a great site,Thanks for sharing it.
The Tibetan choir/throat singing is great,and so are some of the wind and rain sounds.
Really cool how you can adjust the sounds to get them just how you like.

Edit-the "animate" and "timer" settings are great as well.

My new getting to sleep website,Thanks.

edit on 15/4/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You are VERY welcome. If you can afford the minimum 2 dollars or whatever it is, donate when you can. It can be a one time thing and for life, you get all the sounds and all new generators he makes. He's SO selfless. Never met the man but respect and cherish him beyond words.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thank you Sarra! Saved to my favorites bar.

S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

You're welcome

I logged out of my account there to see what is offered to free listeners and am pleased that Stephane offers a 15 second listen to every single generator! How wonderful is that???? I have to say my favorite go to sounds are the Western Choir and Anamnesis, as well as the dungeon rpg, clockwork, Mr. Rhoads, ocean waves and Canyon Drone. Oh the Church one is gorgeous as well. It's in the bottom section called Beatae Memories and is fully free, no 15 second listen, there

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The grey noise is great. Very relaxing.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Squee!!!

Thank you! I love background sounds like this for when I'm working on things or trying desperately to get sleep from insomnia! Great find.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks! Sounds intriguing. I will go check it out. (Posting to bookmark this thread - my phone doesn't let me subscribe.)

Appreciated!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thank you so much!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Much thanks. Been listening to some ambiances to help fall to sleep with. Will be fun to look through these.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wooooooooow.. This is wonderful.. have been playing with Ice World.. love the calibration toggles. Awesome... so restful. Thank you so much for sharing it!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
wonderful.
this will keep me busy for awhile

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Exactly my cup of tea. Thanks. I'm usually content with noises downloaded from youtube but sometimes I start noticing they are in short loops and a low quality even in HD.
I like the online equalizer here. I'm in the "Jungle Life" now and every pitch has it's own sound. You can turn off the thunder or completely turn off the birds and keep just the insect or rain. Interresting. I'm just a bit worried it's a generator of loop sounds and not a continous recording so I'll never again turn the birds on because of that

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That app went straight to my iPhone. Thanks for showing me something new OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Are you a paid spokesman? Not an accusation, it just seems like bs to me. The wording is what is setting off my red flag. "gift", "donation" for "free content." That isn't a donation, it's a payment. it isn't free content, it's advertising. Your overselling, so I doubt you aren't selling. My 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the site. No, I have nothing to do with the site at all, I only wish I was able to get out of my home state much less travel the world to do this. It is an honest post with love for everyone, because people need more relaxation in their life time. This gives it. I only mentioned one can donate if they want more sounds opened up because it's the right thing to say. I'm sorry my sharing of a beautiful site made the poster above me turn cynical. It wasn't my intent. I'm glad 99% checked it out and are enjoying it. That's the purpose, enjoying. Relaxing. Having a mini get away for a little while or while sleeping or whatever.

I don't feel bad for linking to one of my favorite sites. I feel bad you took this wrong

top topics

join