It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alrighty guys...anyone experienced/in corneal abrasions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
From local text based media made no sense, nvm!,^^
edit on 15-4-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

Yes I had a serious amount of gravel in my eye once. You need to take it visually very easy. No computer or tablet, they should have given you a patch to prevent strain. You should also have some antibiotic salve, apply a lot and it will heal.

Drink lots of fluids oddly, and ditch the contacts. Don't get overly concerned you're not going to need a transplant

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Basically what Jollyx3 said but go to an Opthmologist first. An eye Dr. With an M.D. Behind his name. Your Primary Care Physician should be able to refer you to one. When you call to make an appointment tell the receptionist that you have an injury, that should get you in that day. He has the equipment to really look at your eye thoroughly. It's going to be hurting a bit, and annoying as hell, which I'm sure you already know. As Jollyx3 suggested get an eye patch at a walgreens or whatever pharmacy you go to. It will keep you from blinking so much which then irritates the crap out of your eye.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
And forget putting those contacts back in, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I've taken a couple of divots/scratches out of my eye over the years. One, from a tree branch was pretty serious and you could easily see the divot. Keeping it closed (patch) will keep you from going crazy feeling like there is something in it. Eyes heal very quickly though. Never went to the doc, but three days later was back to normal.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Oh man those suck. My niece managed to hit me in the eye with a foil ball about 4 years ago (long story). The worst part was having that painful/annoying feeling like you've got sand stuck under your eyelid. The recovery was just as bad. Instead of giving me a patch, the doctor gave me some dilating drops, some eye ointment, and a pair of sunglasses. It sucked even more because it happened the week Gran Turismo 5 came out (a game I spent 5 years waiting to release) lol.

Only advice we can give you is to go to an eye doctor asap.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Had a torn retina once from a punch to the eye socket. They put die in your eye and inspect it closely with an instrument.

To repair it, they froze it with nitrogen, like freezing a wart off. It was the most gd painful thing I have had done.

Like a ice cream headache times 1000

Medicated eye drops can heal a small scratch, but I def recommend a pro's opinion on the extent of the damage, if there is pain or it effects your vision in any way.

top topics

join