It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fischer: Noah's Flood Was The Result Of Society Not Using The Death Penalty :

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

On his radio program yesterday, Bryan Fischer made the case that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be put to death following his conviction for his role in the Boston Marathon bombing in the most Fischer-esque way possible: explaining that Noah's Flood was the result of society not using the death penalty.

As Fischer explained it, "God had prohibited the death penalty prior to the Flood" and it resulted in so much chaos and bloodshed that God was left with no choice but to kill almost all of mankind.

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

Source is Lib but seemed fair in their reporting klik for the rest.
This guy is not a politician but he does have an audience and so have political clout,so here is couple of things God apparently changed his mind about the death penalty after about 1600 yrs before he "God " really got pissed and killed all but about half a dozen people in probably one of the worst mass extinction event ever recorded, and he still hold on to the belief that the world or creation is around 4200 B.C but yet Göbekli Tepe goes back some 10,000 yrs B.C so if you are creationist how do you square the difference.
I am not mocking your beliefs here just how such a conclusion is reached.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Did god decide to drown the dinosaurs along with most of mankind . Sounds like a good person .
edit on 15-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Did god decide to drown the dinosaurs along with most of mankind . Sounds like a good person .

I would guess Dinos would be dragons and demons and yes how else does one account for their disappearance and their remains.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The scary thing is people actually listen to these lunatics.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Number six on that list says "you shall not kill"
that has NO interpretation, it's as direct as it can get.
calling yourself a Christian and being in favour of death penalty is so stupid i honestly was stuck a few minutes with my hands hovering over the keyboard looking for something dumber but turned out empty.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
The scary thing is people actually listen to these lunatics.

I was actually watching a pat Robinson video on you tube the other day and thought. Wow people actually will listen to this guy and agree with him and then then probably parot his views on an ats thread

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

This is perhaps not the case. It certainly is up for debate.

The original wording uses the word "ratsach" (sp?) which in context likely means "murder" as in a killing which is unlawful, not killing in general. This would make sense in a Jewish context given that their God isn't exactly against the whole killing thing in every context.

The word gets used elsewhere in the bible in other contexts, but it's often said that it's the context in which it is used which matters. For example, it can be rendered 'lawful' by the words around it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

There's a difference between murder and execution. I realize that's a matter of opinion of course. Biblically speaking though, that's the case.

Kill people who don't listen to Priests. (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Kill witches. (Exodus 22:17)
Kill fortunetellers. (Leviticus 20:27)
Kill homosexuals. (Leviticus 20:13)
Kill nonbelievers. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill followers of other religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)
Kill an entire town if anyone there worships another God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Kill people working on the Sabbath. (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill sons of sinners. (Isaiah 14:21)
Kill in the name of the Lord. (Jeremiah 48:10)

Death for striking parents. (Exodus 21:15)
Death for cursing parents. (Leviticus 20:9, Proverbs 20:20)
Death for fornication. (Leviticus 21:9)
Death for adultery. (Leviticus 20:10)
Death for blasphemy. (Leviticus 24:10-16)
Death to followers of other religions. (Exodus 22:19)

Yeah..

All those punishments are for ridiculous reasons!

They count as murder in my book..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The 'death penalty' really has nothing to do with why the flood took place, before or after. It was needed (the flood) to clean the bloodlines. Yes, human beings were running savage prior, even worse than they are in this generation, to say the least. Most get all worked up over the fact that the flood killed many, many human beings. However, "God" simply removed their souls which belong to "God" and replaced them within new bodies after the flood.

Hence the reason human beings are born scared of water or unable to swim. I'm not sure why some believe the earth to be so young, then again they seem to get the age of the human race and the age of the earth mixed up IMO. If they'd take a look there is no sign of human beings until around 17,000-21,000 years ago give or take. Cultivation wasn't used until around 14,000 years ago. Which would have started AFTER the Garden of Eden. according to the scriptures (Genesis 3:19)

All in all, here we are today and the bloodlines are right back at the stage they were/are prior to the flood. Just as they were before the flood. Spiritually under the control of the Anti-Christ, which also explains (physical and spiritual) human sickness, disease and deformities.

edit on 15-4-2015 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i guess those blank pages in the back of the bible were for edits...

edit on 15-4-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You do understand that there is a difference between a 'Jew' and a 'Gentile', Yes?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Yes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

calling yourself a Christian and being in favour of death penalty is so stupid i honestly was stuck a few minutes with my hands hovering over the keyboard looking for something dumber but turned out empty.

I cant believe, seriously I cant believe you could be .....
I am honestly stuck with my hands over the keyboard looking for something to explain why you have no idea what you are talking about.
It will be wasted on you

I am in awe of your unbelievable ignorance of the subject, nay in awe that you think you have enough intelligence to pass a comment based on your lack of intelligence.

Simply there are laws for people and laws for authorities....

Are you allowed to kill people?
Can the justice system kill people in some societies?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This man need's to go back to bible school.
The Covenant of the Rainbow
…5"Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man's brother I will require the life of man. 6"Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man. 7"As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it."…

Read the cross references on this page.
biblehub.com...

It was man killing man and man's other wickedness that are recorded as the reason for the flood, it is also said it will go back to that state of affairs before the lord come's, in fact we may already be there as it certainly feel's less and less humane and christian in society day by day even without perverting the word of God like this man is.

I wish him no harm but he is most certainly wrong, did noah ever kill a man - no he was just in the sight of god even if some of his family were not and for his sake they were saved with him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Ah, well. The rest of the developed world - with very few exceptions - have moved onwards and removed capital punishment, but there's been no flood. It is only a matter of time before the US get rid of the death penalty barbarism. After all, the US was late to the party for the abolition of slavery, but they eventually did it.

How many nutters barked on that slavery was "god given"!

It surprises me that person who purports to be a "man of God" supports state sanctioned murder. Ho hum.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You do understand that there is a difference between a 'Jew' and a 'Gentile', Yes?

When abraham was brought into the covenant of circumcision by god he also brought all his family and also servant's, all in his house so many were not actually his descendant's but those of his servant's and bondsmen.

When Moses brought israel out of egypt they also brought many who were not descended from Jacob which is why christ said "Moses gave you circumcision" and the scholors not understanding this fact later paraphrased it in brackets saying (though it came from the patriarch's) as if they felt they had to correct the true word of the lord.

This was because of the million's that came out of egypt most were not descended from the house of Jacob but many where and they were intermarried, indeed they continued to worship the Apis bull and forced Aaron to make an idol of gold, a calf of the Apis bull that enraged Moses as they were sinning against the very presence of God after seeing the miracle's, the reason is partially since many of these slaves were not even of the house of Jacob and had never worshipped the lord, over time all of us who have or think we have descent from Jacob believe that as our identity's but the truth may be more cloudy but as Abraham made they who were not his family but were in his household come into the covenant so they became his family, as a matter of pride the Beni Cohen gene is often quoted and may indicate direct lineage but that of course is still an assertion and it is merely indicative of the dominant male gene in people of Semitic origin found down to the Lemba africans in south africa, the ethiopean jew's and many ethiopean christian's and of course also in the jew's of all other nation's, it does link them to this lineage but of course after 5000's years and more how many poeple not even knowing are descended.

So the argument is more about social identity and group identity based on shared cultural practice than actual empirical evidence.

Circumcision has not been replaced but is no longer required for christian's as we recieve it through christ or else Paul a devout Jew and former Temple enforcer before his conversion on the road to damascus would not have been sent to the Gentile's as we have to circumicse our heart's to the lord, the flesh is dust and it is the spirit that matter's, though personally as a possible descendant of Jew's in a maternal line I feel like something is missing from my own life, but then I am a christian so whatever the lord will's shall be done and I know that.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They were blaspheming the lord whom came to set the slave's free, i.e. Jesus.

The early Israelites followed Mosaic law and should have known better as they themselves were descendants of slaves.

Solomon used forced foreign labout to build the temple but christ said that he was greater than solomon so it is also fitting that the majority of his temple to god, his body on earth, the church is actually gentile made jewish through him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

No, we are not.

Modern Man has been around about 200,000 years.

www.nhm.ac.uk...

The emergence of modern humans. Fossil evidence suggests that modern humans evolved in East Africa around 200,000 years ago, since fossils more than 150,000 years old are known from Ethiopia and Kenya. However, genetic data from recent African populations suggests that other regions may also have been important.

Man as a species has been around for much longer.

It is estimated that the first members of the human family (hominins) lived in Africa about 6 or 7 million years ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So suppose you are being attacked, you have some type of weapon and you use that to defend yourself or maybe children who are being attacked. But with that weapon you kill the attacker. Does that count or not?

Does the Tsarnaev deserve the death penalty? He, in his own religious fervor, chose to willingly kill other people. Is putting him in prison for life, while society feeds him for the next 70 plus years, while he is able in prison to convince others who are not going to be in there that long, to go and enact vengeance for his cause, should that be permitted?

Was it justifiable to kill Ted Bundy?

Society should think more deeply about the death penalty. But knee jerk reactions to the death penalty is not going to solve the problem with crimes of murder. Tsarnaev disregarded the life and humanity of other people, he didn't care about the lives of others, only the idea that his fanatic views are more important.

Now whether or not the video of Fischer is on base or not, I do not seem to recall that there was any death penalty or non death penalty in the time of Noah. The Bible seems to indicate that for some reason, Cain was marked to not have the death penalty, but his children were violent and killed other people.

So perhaps the early writers of religious texts were asking this very question, is the death penalty justifiable for those who kill their brothers or those around them? Not only did the Bible question this, but other religions.

You really have to remember that nothing changes, people then are just as violent as they are now. So look at the Bible in that philosophical way, it does ask those very questions. But every ancient culture regardless of where it was, all believed that the world was violent and received divine retribution for it.

Divine retribution for wickedness, ancient idea. The Bible is saying that people followed their own moral relativism, and all ancient religions dealt with that as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Christians are not bound by the Ten Commandments.

It's true. Jesus taught to do away with the law, even though it had good intentions, it was unattainable because anyone who sinned once could be put to death. He realized it was unrealistic to expect people to follow it without error. Then, after one mistake of a lustful sin for example, the sinner would be executed, by Jewish law.

The Ten Commandments are the basis of Judaism, and are Jewish by definition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join