It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Educators Sentenced To 7 Years In Prison In Atlanta Teaching Scandal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
LINK

20 years in jail for cheating! They have to serve a minimum of seven years for cheating on this stupid overated ridiculous test they give to these mis-educated kids

“Education” to me, or modern “education” has always been overrated.

Were overeducated so I don’t know what ails these education freaks in this country…

What are they pushing to teach? More of what?

Don’t get me wrong I don’t blame the teachers I blame the very “education” system in the entire modern civilization and say its overrated and if anything should be cut down

Now they want to start brainwashing children at 2 and 3 yeas old and take them out of the only real joy they will have in their lives, the freedom from the brainwashing matrix of this crazy system of “civilization” we pretend to have!

So these teachers pressured to get the kids through these ridiculous tests have cheated...

Sure that’s wrong and bad of course but 7 years in a state prison for this?

Give me a break

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Insanity.

Just Today we were discussing Armed Robers / Home Invasion Criminals who got 5 years probation!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The judge here is a self-righteous jackass who likely cheated his way through law school

He even went over and above the prosecutor’s recommendation of 5 years

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Seriously this is just crazy beyond belief. Saw the headline and thought this was going to be some sexual abuse scandal or something. lol, 7 years custodial sentence for helping students pass a test? This is got to be like the twilight zone or something? Or at the least false reporting by media. lol.

Tests are stupid anyway and most certainly not a reliable way to determine academic competence.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
By raising student scores their schools got more federal funding money.

That is why they got the harsh sentences.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Looks like they'll have trouble paying their student loans !!

Education in action: now they can teach others how to operate license plate machines.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Thanks for the news Will... I haven't have seen this at aLL
on my home page news... maybe never will. F&S.

I feel the judge is trying to fry these teachers for cheating in
order to deflect attention from the generally failed policy
(Commie Core. No Churl Left Behind, whatevah). The
people that set up the American educational system to fail
is to me a bigger scandal than the Minot broken arrow.
Now our kids are the bombs... and the exit scores are an
increasing percentage of duds every June.

EDIT:: I closed shop for the night too soon. In respect to your
second point of the judge: I don't know if it's even possible to
cheat on your BAR exam, but I can swear to a couple of newly
sheepskinned specimens that make me believe in shepherding.
edit on 15-4-2015 by derfreebie because: It is a dangerous thing to bring up stuff the judge doesn't know.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WilltellEducation should start at home. But a good portion of the population is not educated well enough to help their own children succeed. Secondly eduction standards should be at local and state levels. Federal government should not be involved at all. Any time the Fed gets involved the system ultimately fails. The basics we need to survive in today's business/ work environment unfortunately is beyond the knowledge of most people. We have become to technically inclined. Knowing the basic math, English is not good enough. So further education is required.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Remember the legal system is a business now also, lets see what happens at the appeal, more time in court more money goes around. we all know the lawyers are on the same team.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The way your country is headed, if examples of lunacy like this keep happening is a LOT weirder than the Twilight zone mate.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

lol, this didn't even happen in my country........ mate!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Insanity.

Just Today we were discussing Armed Robers / Home Invasion Criminals who got 5 years probation!

And child rapists who get 3 years!

All this IN-BALANCE in the penal system should make an APPEAL easy no?

Has that argument EVER been used in an APPEAL and has it ever succeeded?

Good thing in Europe we can take these kind of judgements to the EU Court of Human Rights, can you?

In many cases these rulings are judged ILLEGAL by the EU Human Rights Court. What have you equivalent over in America?

edit on 15-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Two that admitted they falsified test scores got very minor sentences. Those who would not admit they did wrong got these heavier sentences. They were offered the pleas several times.

People seem to be alright with people doing wrong, not admitting their part, and expecting no punishment. Now there are kids who were not taught properly because teachers were more worried over their performance pay then education.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I live in GA, this case has been in the local news from the beginning, I think the judge did the right thing.

In America we are creating a new generation of "I can do it" kids that are incredible confident but dumb as a brick, to make things worst, cheating is part of how to prop them into society, cheating should never be a right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
These teachers did not go to jail for cheating, they went to jail for racketeering.
They changed test scores that resulted in them getting bonuses, you know, just like those Wall Street bonuses everybody bitches about. They lied, they cheated , they stole.

The smart teachers were the ones who copped a plea, testified, and got reduced sentences mostly probation. Twelve teachers rolled the dice and went to trial. Eleven of them lost. They were convicted of racketeering, which is a felony and they can get up to twenty years in prison.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Atlanta public school are bottom of the barrel performers.

They are riddled with union hacks who's main concern is padding their paycheck.

These schools continually churn out students who are barely, if at all literate, with no dicsernable job skills.

These 'educators' have for years resisted attempts at reform while screaming for more money, more money, more money.

They set up a system to pressure teachers to change abysmally poor test scores to remarkably good test scores because it funneled more money to the higher-ups who financially benefited from bonus money tied to student achievement.

In my opinion, this judge is a hero, and these 'educators' deserve every second of every minute they will spend in jail.

Unfortunately, they were granted appeal bonds, and it could be years before they see the back side of a cell door, while continuing to cost taxpayers millions.

Stay tuned for the race-baiters to slink out of the gutters to set this up as a white judge vs. poor black teacher scenario.

edit on 15-4-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
To all : There was a lot more to this than raising the test scores. Misappropriation of funds , etc. Also, as public schools are ran by the government any false information recorded would be a federal offense (felony). (Falsifying government documents). Therefore the major sentences given. Home invasions , robberies (unless they exceed a certain amount ,the 3 strikes law, or known to be armed.) are considered misdemeanors .
edit on 08America/ChicagoWed, 15 Apr 2015 08:08:43 -0500America/Chicago430080843 by here4this because: oops moment

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I live in GA, this case has been in the local news from the beginning, I think the judge did the right thing.

In America we are creating a new generation of "I can do it" kids that are incredible confident but dumb as a brick, to make things worst, cheating is part of how to prop them into society, cheating should never be a right thing to do.

I agree and the publicity for this is all around beneficial.

Nationalized public school is a failed experiment, this is just the dirtiest petrie dish in the oven.

All pubic sector unions are harmful and destructive, they have no redeeming qualities.

The teacher's unions are the most violent and disinterested in their supposed purpose, even worse than police unions. Yes, that is right, teacher's unions are actually more violent than police unions.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They talked on this on NPR the other day, before the sentencings. It seems the majority of those involved pleaded guilty and received probation.

The judge warned those that wanted to go to trial that the punishments would be severe if found guilty.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You can get the idea out of your head real quick about us being overeducated if you spend 15 minutes looking at random posts on twitter and facebook. At least, you'll find real quick that people don't seem to be very educated on grammar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join