It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie fails to report income, avoids $152,000 in taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Source

Gov. Chris Christie failed to report as income or pay taxes on $380,000 in expense allowances he received from the state, according to a New Jersey Watchdog examination of Treasury data and the governor’s tax returns.

That's a big chunk of change to skip out on.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Apr 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

S&F for the pun at least!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The Gov's problems just keep piling up. When other governors start to back away from him in droves, and his own dog wants nothing to do with him, maybe he'll get the hint that his national ambitions are as dead as last week's dinner.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I, for one, am bored with the 'business as usual' democrat tactics of sliming any and every Republican candidate, be it for president or vice-president.

It's non-stop and entirely predictable. I suppose it works with the millenials to some degree. Yet, for me, I reverse it. The more the slime job, the more I believe the Dems are afraid of that person....which makes me look more favorably on his/her candidacy.

While it has worked in the past, this time around the Republicans are answering volley for volley...all directed at Hillary.(Not that she doesn't make it real easy in that she gives the ammo to the right.....

All in all, taxes are generally done by accountants. My bet is this is nothing more than a glitch. He's not an idiot.

edit on 14-4-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"Governor X didn't pay taxes"

The IRS should grant him tax amnesty and then turn around and grant everyone other individual the same. Note: Corporations are not people, they are not individuals, they are not included.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why the hell do I owe $750 in taxes to the IRS while this idiot gets off on $150,000? There are times that I really hate America.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I guess if you confront him on it he will tell you to shut up and sit down?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Chris Christie’s press office responds:

“The report on NJ watchdog is categorically false and irresponsible. The expense account, which has been provided to every governor in recent memory, is not salary and isn’t kept by the Governor as income.

somebody needs to find the tax laws that define all that.

Boy oy oy ng ng

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They did in the updated source:

Under IRS regulations, if an employee gets an expense allowance but is not required to provide receipts or return any surplus, the arrangement is deemed non-accountable. Non-accountable allowances must be reported as supplemental wages subject to income tax, plus taxes for Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Being involved in a "tax scandal" could cost Christie his job... his removal from office may be part of a bigger plan or coverup for bigger crimes. Richsard Nixon slithered away from justice by resignation and pardon... Spiro Agnew, Nixon's VP, resigned his office for tax evasion, allowing Nixon to appoint his VP and future pardoner, Gerald (not his real name) Ford. Think about that for a moment.

I really can't believe that Gov. Chris Christie sat down at the kitchen table with a shoebox of his paperwork, receipts and whatnot crunching out his own tax forms. I wonder who might have advised the Governor on his taxes, I wonder what was the basis for not reporting the expenses, perhaps there is a tax rule or regulation somewhere that the Governor relied on.

$380,000 isn't really a lot of money anymore. Sure, it's a serious chunk of change for a the blue collar 1040 wage earner. But for these guys up at the top it's small change.

If Chris Christie is getting bad tax advice then we could probably expect that he is getting bad advice in other areas of his life and in the execution of an office held in public trust. Think about that...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
While it has worked in the past, this time around the Republicans are answering volley for volley...all directed at Hillary.(Not that she doesn't make it real easy in that she gives the ammo to the right.....

I'm just going to quote 2007 Sean Hannity. He nicknamed his show the "Stop Hillary Express", then refused to cover ANYTHING related to Obama until after he had actually won the primary, he wouldn't even let callers speak of Obama as a contender that also deserved some attention, any time that was brought up he would cut them off.

That's not to say I approve of Hillary but certain people have had a mentality to take her down at any cost for what's going on a decade. That's not a healthy obsession, especially when she disqualifies herself to be president with her own words.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Perhaps I'd agree with you in normal circumstances. Not in this case. Not in these times.

Nowhere in your post do you address the dealings of the Dems going right back to Reagan. (He was going to start WWIII.)
Clearly, during Presidential elections, the Dems have hit not on issues, but everything else under the sun they can.

There is no high road left. No time for it.

Looking back on your responses to my posts, I've come to the conclusion you fit closer to the Establishment Republicans than the conservative side. Anti-Tea Party? I don't know. You tell me.

Personally, I'm indifferent to Christie.

From my perspective, your comment on taking Hillary down at any cost as an unhealthy obsession, is another example of the "good old boy" mentality of the RINOs.

Hillary has been at the top of the Democrat elite for those '10 years'. Holding Secretary of State and the odds-on candidate for president. Despite her "disqualifying herself with her own words".

Initial polls out of MSNBC for Hillary suck. Who do the Dems have as any alternative? Biden? Warren?

Your 'obsession' is my continued exposure in an environment where the left controls the media, the MTVs, the Editorials, the education system, the Judicial.....

Hammer on. It seems to be the level the voters respond to.....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Corrupt, clearly self indulgent and hates the poor. Perfect for POTUS. How many wars does this XXXL monster want to start?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Take his filthy wealth and throw his fat greedy arse in jail.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm guessing most of these rich politicians evade taxes in one way or another, be they legal loopholes or otherwise. I'm more concerned about his views on laws that citizens voted on and passed in certain states.

When asked by Hewitt if he would enforce federal drug laws in those states that have legalized and regulated cannabis, Christie responded unequivocally.

"Absolutely," Christie said. "I will crack down and not permit it."

He cites an enormous addiction problem in the US. I guess his apparent addiction to food is just fine though.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

Gov. Chris Christie failed to report as income or pay taxes on $380,000 in expense allowances he received from the state, according to a New Jersey Watchdog examination of Treasury data and the governor’s tax returns.

That's a big chunk of change to skip out on.

Let's pull another Harry Reed maneuver here...lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Corrupt, clearly self indulgent and hates the poor. Perfect for POTUS. How many wars does this XXXL monster want to start?

LOL, I'd support Chris Christie for POTUS 2016 if he was promising to wipe out the IRS!

new topics

top topics

join