It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Student Loan Debt.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
No thank you with the luck i have ill end up owing them double.. i trust nothing that Facist says a reply to: greencmp

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
No thank you with the luck i have ill end up owing them double.. i trust nothing that Facist says a reply to: greencmp

You have good instincts, I hope you can find a way to get out from under this.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Im only makin about 52k before taxes and insurance hopefully i dont get screwed they want $640.00 a month a reply to: lovebeck

edit on 15-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thank you sorry for late response i went to bed right after post and its been one of those days at work...a reply to: greencmp

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thank you i am going to look into this option unfortunately my income has gotten better over last seven years have been working harder got children to support can't afford to make less.. reply to: MensaIT3

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I make commision only and its enough to cover the bills i also owe about 66k maybe i should just have my boss lower my wages...a reply to: sarra1833

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

That's the problem. And since it's the government that you owe, there is NO flexibility in repayment. The so-called income sensitive repayment more or less presumes that you will get about a 100% pay increase within 6 months if I remember correctly, so don't do that, either.

I got lucky with mine. They were through a private lending bank and I got half of my education paid for through athletic and academic grants. So mine are non-issue and done.

Hubby's are murder. If we had both of ours, we'd be living under an overpass somewhere by now.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know i finished college so i could try and give my kids a shot at life And all i did was dig a hole i can barely Poke my head out of...a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can they sue your estate when you die?

Like for assets and life insurance?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No it gets dismissed or cancelled..a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
You know i finished college so i could try and give my kids a shot at life And all i did was dig a hole i can barely Poke my head out of...a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, at this rate, hubby and I have just sort of said, "f it." And we're putting our eggs into our son's basket. The way things look, we're going to be stuck with his loans forever. We'll save what we can, but frankly, the country looks to be going downhill and so our best hope is to raise a kid who will have the means and desire to care for his old, decrepit parents. And even if he doesn't, well, we're doing what we can to give him the tools to go forward.

We're more or less screwed.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is what i call a heart to heart its the reality i guess the best i can do is make sure i help guide my son and daughter the best opportunity in life I can ,

it sucks it makes me feel so inadequate that I cannot get ahead of this BS.. reply to: ketsuko

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join