It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Assumption of Judaism and Christianity Being the First Organized Religions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
a reply to: WarminIndy

There is no reason a non-Christian cannot use the Bible as a reference guide to point out the conflicts of currently accepted history and what may have very well been documented by ancient cultures.

I know this, but the thing is...people who criticize the Bible on one hand will use it on the second hand, then people watching their videos will bash the Bible, unless it is used to talk about annunaki and Illuminati. That's what gets me.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I think those that use the Bible to try to back up claims of 'Annunaki' or 'Nephilim' are just as nuts as those that use it to back up their belief in Jesus.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
True. Some people think that before Christianity, there was just spirituality and peace and nature, which is not true. Even Native Americans had their leaders and traditions (organized religion) and fought wars against each other.

Many religions were based around war gods, money, and power, even before the israeli war god yahweh.

Luckily, there were many who spoke against worshiping war gods and choosing Peace and Forgiveness like Buddha and Christ.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Because in western countries thats what theyre taught in schools and churches from the time theyre young .. even in most other areas the teaching is all western centric .. yet there are countries and civilizations that have been around far longer than western countries and "civilization" ...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

AFAIK I've never met anyone who was ignorant enough to think that the first organised religions were the Abrahamic trio. I'm sure that they exist, sure - but they have probably worked out already that i'd just point and laugh.

I've known a lot of Christian opponents to gay marriage behave as if they invented and somehow have ownership over that particular institution though. Which absolutely baffles me.

I've also seen a lot of 'ligious folk state that one can only be moral if one believes in an Afterlife. And that's just plain daft.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

We also know of Melchisedeck, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; Judaism would only be created years after this encounter .

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I think those that use the Bible to try to back up claims of 'Annunaki' or 'Nephilim' are just as nuts as those that use it to back up their belief in Jesus.

You know, the first disciples didn't have the New Testament to back up their claims about Jesus. Neither did the Gnostics.

Neither did Pliny, Tacitus or Josephus.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I have seen a couple of posts here on ATS by people who think that 'Jesus' wrote the bible!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Believe it or not, I have seen a couple of posts here on ATS by people who think that 'Jesus' wrote the bible!

That just made me laugh out loud. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything.

See people, there are those who really are uneducated. LOL.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join