It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spare some information, kind sirs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

You sound like someone on a journey that i wish i had taken long ago in another life or reality. I try never to label another soul and you, and others like you are the reason why

You are on a beautiful journey in a wide open world watching and listening to those around you making up your own mind what is right or wrong in others and never revealing the answers. You may write a song about what you see with hidden meanings and depths that only you can see, whilst belonging to this crazy planet

May all your travels be safe and only making friends along the way. I shall be here thinking of what it might have been for me to do the same.

From the other side of the world with good blessings

Peace to you,

M.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: murlock
Welcome to ATS

You sound like someone on a journey that i wish i had taken long ago in another life or reality. I try never to label another soul and you, and others like you are the reason why

You are on a beautiful journey in a wide open world watching and listening to those around you making up your own mind what is right or wrong in others and never revealing the answers. You may write a song about what you see with hidden meanings and depths that only you can see, whilst belonging to this crazy planet

May all your travels be safe and only making friends along the way. I shall be here thinking of what it might have been for me to do the same.

From the other side of the world with good blessings

Peace to you,

M.

That was truly poetic, thank you for the kind words, friend

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Welcome to wonderland ..
Dont drink the koolaid - drink beer instead ....

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Welcome aboard StuckInTheMiddle. I've got a good feeling about you.

Here's some splash for your intro.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Welcome to wonderland ..
Dont drink the koolaid - drink beer instead ....

Luckily for me, koolaid always made me throw up, so beer it is!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Thank you, glad to be present
just out of curiosity, where did that image come from?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: StuckInTheMiddle

Crikey!!! thats me EXXX.... Careful postin that pic. She'll sue. Mein gott what have I said,,,,,except wilcommen...

Sorry but off to the vaderlantt.

Regards, Bally.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StuckInTheMiddle

welcome from a veteran traveller in the uk.

the experiences gained in the big wide open certainly gave me a positive perspective.

there will be beer waiting for you if you decide to stomp the uk.

best wishes fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I honestly cannot recall. I'm not creative enough (like the Avatar folks here on ATS) to come up with anything on my own.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Hey, I already gave him a beer, you trying to get the guy plastered?
We can't let him drink and leave this thread! Think of the carnage a drunken OP could cause...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

But have done some of my best threads while drunk ..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

We can tell...you're funnier!!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Thanks .. though do try and curb my humour a bit as it can get very dark at times .. had few bans from other forums years ago due my dark sense of humour .. never did play well with others .. hehe ..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think we all have a dark humorist lurking in the shadows.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hello. You want to learn. Very cool.

What I am about to say will sound a bit negative, but here goes...I've been reading this forum since yesterday and, frankly, there's insane amount of noise on here, well intentioned of course, but still noise nonetheless. Many people come off as very emotional and illogical, some try to sound smarter than they actually are by rattling off “mysterious” sounding phraseology like “reducto ad absurdum”, “non-sequitur” plucked from Philosophy 101. You will read a lot about “critical thinking” which at close examination turns out to be nothing but idle musings and “common sense” cliches. I bet most people wouldn't be able to think their way out of a paper bag(cliche) by applying a bit of creativity, critical thinking and those “sophisticated” sounding phrases/concepts above, when it comes to trivial problems in Pure Math 101
If you want to be able to see through any bs and not drown in a sea of well-intentioned garbage, study math. All those “reducto ad absurdum”s will become second nature to you since every statement you make in math must be backed up by a watertight proof. You won't be able to wave your hands out of it like a physicist
Math will impose brutal discipline upon your mind and not in a rigid way. Math problems and proofs require genuine creativity(the part which is usually castrated out of high school math class along with proofs/critical thinking). Think arts wrapped up in brutalist logic, rather than rigid bureaucracy and army barracks. It's difficult to see it unless you do math. But pure math demands the type of mental endurance that nothing else comes even close. In physics and other natural sciences, at least, phenomena like black holes easily capture people's imagination even if they don't understand what's that all about.

Below are several books that will gently walk you into the world of pure mathematics. You'll learn how to structure your mind to rigorously prove or disprove some of the very complicated looking, tangled up statements. You don't need any special knowledge other than 7th grade level algebra.

Learning to Reason: An Introduction to Logic, Sets, and Relations by Nancy Rodgers.

Discrete Math With Applications by Suzanna Epp.

How to Prove It: A Structured Approach by Daniel Velleman.

How to Think About Analysis by Lara Alcock.

Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics by Gary Chartrand et al.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey, I am new too just found this site, still trying to figure it all out

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: StuckInTheMiddle

Welcome. It'd be pretty interesting to see a thread w/highlights or stories from your travels.

Absolutely! I'll get on that sometime in the near future, Northern California isn't being kind to me at the moment

northern California?....if you play in Stockton, give me heads up, and I'll meet you for a beer and talk ATS trash, so long as you're not a serial killer

top topics

<< 1   >>

join