It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hey... Where did everybody go???

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Some times RL pushed its overbearing way into our lives.

We are here, just a little busy.

P

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!!!! Sorry I'm a bit behind. I will get caught up by tonight. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: AboveBoard

Some times RL pushed its overbearing way into our lives.

We are here, just a little busy.

P

Well whew!! I thought maybe my deodorant wasn't working or something.

That's why you haven't seen me. (Not the deodorant thing - the RL thing...)

RL is okay but extremely busy. Got my two sons and a musician husband who goes on tours. We have help most days with our 13 yo with autism, but I'm still exhausted.

Anyway. Good to see you!!!

Sorry to be such a stranger.

AB
edit on 4-8-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i'm here too!

hello everyone!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm so sorry guys. I decided to jump into Win10. Yeah what fun! Everything seems to have gone well. But I'm still testing things. Be back soon, gotta check out my playground.

edit on 8/4/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh my, what is Windows 10?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been around. My Mom was in and out of the hospital today.

Martin, I am debating the windows 10 thing. Do you have buy special apps for signing in? What happens if I just keep my windows 8.1? Does everything look different on 10, or will it be like what I have and just have added features? I'm confused.

I'm not tech savvy and had to get the new Skype. What a pain in the butt that was. It wouldn't take my password from my old account and I had to get a new one. I was all confused and pissed off. LOL I was determined though and finally got it right. LOL

Been a long day for me and it's hard to relax. Mom will be 92 in September, so I'm always worried and never know when I'll get a call that she isn't feeling well. I'll tell you, at one time it was either my Father when he was alive, my Mom or my husband who were always in and out of the hospital. Calls in the middle of night with one emergency or another. Jumping every the time the phone rang at odd hours knowing it was an emergency. No wonder I'm a nervous Nelly! I went through that for years and am still going through it. Sigh...

I think of you all even when I'm not here posting. When I come to the site, the shed is my first thread every day that I go to. Love you all so much!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Darth – Windows 10 is microsoft’s newest evil creation. LOL I upgraded my PC’s from windows 7 to windows 10

a reply to: Night Star
Night – [[[HUGS]]] I’m so sorry your mom is having is so hard. I hope that see gets to feeling better soon. Make sure not to forget about YOU during all of this. So often the caregiver ends up sick because you give everything of yourself. Make sure you are eating good and getting plenty of rest! What a beautiful quote at the end of your entry!
Windows 10 is a cross between windows 7 & windows 8. It brings the desktop back – yeah! All of mine went pretty smooth. My laptop acted up a bit and that one took forever to get updated and running again.

Hello to all of our other Shedites & lurkers! The site has been down all morning! URG! Hope everyone is having a great day, it’s finally HUMP DAY!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I'm so sorry guys. I decided to jump into Win10. Yeah what fun! Everything seems to have gone well. But I'm still testing things. Be back soon, gotta check out my playground.

REMEMBER to turn OFF all of the Privacy stuff which is set to ON by default Jessie.
(Microsoft basically want to own your soul, life, data, conversations, emails, pics, etc etc etc and have set the defaults on Win10 to reflect this. my understanding is that MOST can be turned off or denied access, but YOU have to do it manually in the settings)

G

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
OK, I haven't posted anything GEEKy for a while.... and I'm in the mood for a wee bit of fun!!
See if you can work out THIS ONE!!
(I just made this for my boys, then got them to make their own! They are THRILLED!!!! LOL)

3D TRex model, who turns his head as you pass by????????????????

Whatya think?

Big G

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Yeah if you run the install as custom it lets you turn all that mess off. I LOVE the T-Rex!!! Now I have a project

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

.... I LOVE the T-Rex!!! Now I have a project

Ahh... But do you know how it works?? Mwahahaaa!!! (Actually I bet ya do!! LOL)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'm like the youngest non tech savvy person i know

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Gordii – It has something to do with the shape of the head doesn’t it? I have seen something similar, I think it’s cool!

a reply to: Darth_Prime
Darth – Don’t worry your secret is safe with us. LOL. Luckily with most things you don’t need to be tech savy, it just works. It’s just when things go bad that they go REALLY bad. It is so crazy to me to know that my phone has more space and memory than my first PC!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Gordii – It has something to do with the shape of the head doesn’t it? I have seen something similar, I think it’s cool!

It IS to do with the shape of the head!!! (Clue: It's inside out!)

G

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hello Martin, Gordi and Darth!!!! Hello all Shedites!
Thanks Martin! Mom is better today, but still kinda weak.
Cool dinosaur Gordi! You sound like a fun Dad!
Darth, I learned a lot of tech stuff from much younger forum friends through the years. Still a ton of things I don't know, but I'm braver taking chances and clicking things. LOL When I first got a computer I was terrified of doing something that would crash the system. I didn't even know what LOL meant or how to copy and paste or embed videos etc. My young friends sure got a good laugh or two, but were so supportive and patient.

Going out to dinner in an hour. Can't wait to see my friend and have a mixed drink or two and a nice dinner!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yay enjoy your dinner!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

I hope that ATS is able to straighten out whatever is going on. I can't even post a pretty picture this morning, although I won't complain because at least I am able to log in

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hey Night,

So sorry to hear about your mother's health! Sending you light. Miss you guys. My intentions to be a full fledged Sheddite (sp?) keep getting derailed by RL myself - nothing awful, just awfully busy.

Wishing you and your family well!!!

- AB

new topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join