It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Goodness, what a delicious looking beverage! Coming right up!

Thanks angelchemuel!

I was on the vodka last night. As a result, there are humming birds caught behind my eyeballs right now!

Hehe!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. Just stopped by to say hello. Paul is running a 1/2 marathon in Burk's Garden and the Amish fixed breakfast for the non-runners. I think I just gained 10 pounds! They had sour dough biscuits, homemade gravy, sausage and bacon, and big of fresh fruit. ....Yummy!

I hope everyone has a great day!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Martin,

I am just over at your vacation pictures, they are fantastic!!

You are amazingly beautiful! And your mum could be your sister!!

I have a picture of me trying on an Amish hat just like the one with your mum trying on the hat! Did she buy the hat?

(I didn't buy the one tried.
)

Are you still on vacation, (the Amish breakfast, above?)

Wow, I don't think I ever had an Amish breakfast!!

Good luck to Paul!

I am sooo far behind on this thread. Lots of reading to

catch up on, and I'll never catch up on the replies!

Hope you have a lovely day,

bug

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer
We are back from vacation. Burk's Garden is about an hour from here in VA, it's a bowl plateau on the top of a mountain. There is a very small Amish community starting to settle there. The funniest thing is I met a family that just moved from where we vacationed in Ohio.
Paul had a great finishing time but didn't win anythingso he's bummed. I think he did great but he loves to compete. People travel to run this one. Its pretty unique.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Pesky and I popping in to say hello!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No one stopped by today?????????

Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Many people stopped by, they just did not write anything.

P

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Oh.

Well I guess that's ok. But let's not make it a habit. LOL

There are days I get real busy with housework or crafts, but I try to at least post as soon as I get up or later at night.

I made 3 crystal thingies with beads you can hang in the window, love them! They came out awesome! They should throw some great prisms! I added glass beads, some plain, some with a floral design in them, some have a mother of pearl heart or leaf shape, other colored crystals, rice shaped and round pearls, semi precious chips...
Just some gifts to put away for either Christmas or a birthday. I had some nice boxes for them too.

Also finished my cat painting. Just a paint by number kit. LOL It's a cat sitting amongst leaves and grass.

Last time I went to the craft store, I looked for some kind of needlework project, but nothing caught my eye. I might just finish some embroidered pillows I started a long time ago. I could add silk ribbon embroidery as well.

It feels good to be getting back to my crafts again. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow, so I want to make some more sea glass jewelry. I made this one years ago. I have since made more elaborate and interesting pieces.

edit on 14-6-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As promised...
A couple of photos from my pals wedding yesterday, including Me and the Boys in our Kilts... again! LOL

G

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

How come their kilts are different from yours. I always thought that each clan had its own pattern.

Just wondering.

P

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Sorry I missed answering your questions. I was on a phone so I find it hard to reply correctly

Thank you so much!! Mom LOVES when people ask if we are sisters. I hope that old saying is true that you can look at the mother to see how the daughter will age. She didn't buy the hat, I tried to get her to but she decided on a T-Shirt she could wear around instead. LOL. I know about being behind.....me and poor Jala are still in the forest! Ha, I will have to fix that soon!

a reply to: pheonix358
I am guilty of just popping in and looking around. Caught! LOL

How beautiful!!! I wish I was crafty but I end up making a mess of anything my hands touch. LOL. You will have to post pictures of the crystal thingies as they sound awesome also!

It looks very beautiful! I LOVE all the family pictures!!!! What a wonderful family you have!!!

Not much happening my way. I am at work.....trying not to work. LOL I so hate Mondays. It seems to take me until quitting time to get my act together.

edit on 6/15/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Wow, what awesome photos! Beautiful family you have!!!

I find the way the shirts are laced up quite interesting and I love your shoes! Now I would like to know about that fur purse thingy you have. Do you keep anything special in that? What is it made out of? Very cool looking!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hello Pheonix and Martin!

Martin, you would be amazed at what you could do with crafts! Some things are so much easier to make than they look. Youtube has tons of tutorials and ideas.

These heart were hand sewn. You can fill it with potpourri or just regular stuffing and hang them anywhere. I added a bead and a faery charm and sewed on the lace edging. Easy and quick gift idea.

These jewelry items were as easy as hell to make!

This knitted purse was made with a nice mohair yarn with metallic thread.

Morning/afternoon everyone!!

edit on 15-6-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
How come their kilts are different from yours. I always thought that each clan had its own pattern.
Just wondering.
P

Hi Pheonix!
A VERY good question!
and.... you are correct, each Clan had it's own tartan(s), so if you are from a particular clan, you should wear one of their tartans to represent that clan.
My family however are "Smiths".
(AND NO, Smith is NOT just an English name!)
Each clan had it's own Smiths.
They were the ones who produced all the tools, weapons, jewellery and hardware.
There were Goldsmiths and Silversmiths, but my family were all Blacksmiths, right through to my dad, who was born on a farm with an active Smithy's Forge!

Problem is... it's quite difficult to trace exactly which clan any particular Smith family are from!
But because every clan had it's Smiths... I reckon us Smiths can choose whichever tartan we like!! LOL

There are also many tartans now, which are not linked with any one clan, (and anyone can wear them).

I had my own Kilt made to order, many years ago, and I wanted an "earthy" one in browns or greens.
On looking through the pattern book, the first one that I liked was called "Ancient Weathered GORDON"!!!! and I knew that was the one for me.
It's quite a rare tartan however, and is not generally available, so when I decided recently to buy Kilts for my boys to wear to that wedding, we didn't have the time to get them specially made,
So I asked my friend what tartans the wedding party were wearing, and he said that most were a mix of Blues and Greys, so we just chose nice Blue/grey ones off the shelf.

I hope that makes sense?? Thanks for asking!

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, what awesome photos! Beautiful family you have!!!
I find the way the shirts are laced up quite interesting and I love your shoes! Now I would like to know about that fur purse thingy you have. Do you keep anything special in that? What is it made out of? Very cool looking!

Thanks Night!
Those shirts are called "Ghillie" shirts. (The Ghillie was the guy who looked after the fishing/hunting parties on Scottish Highland Estates.)
The shoes are "traditional" Scottish formal Highlandwear and I think they are sometimes referred to as Ghillies too! (Don't know why)

The furry purse thing, and it's contents are strictly PRIVATE!!! LOL
I could spread the tale that it's to keep the wearers....ahem.."Manhood" in check!!
Or that it has a large hole in behind and is used to carry the weight of such Manhood! ROFL

Or I could just say that it's a Sporran!

A Sporran is a pouch, usually made of leather (but sometimes finished in ceremonial fur - dependant on the formality of the occasion)
It is worn in front of the Kilt in traditional Scottish Highland dress because.... The Kilt has no pockets!!
So, you'd keep anything in there, that would normally reside in your pockets. In my case... my wallet, keys, phone, and maybe even a wee "miniature dram".
There are some GREAT fun ones too!!! (see below!)

Anyway, thanks again,
G

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sporran, how interesting! Oh some of those are a riot! I learn a lot from you. Now I just have to try to remember it all.

Your kilts remind me so much of my school uniform when I was a kid in catholic school. Our skirts were plaid with dark green, navy blue and black.

I think it is awesome that your family has a history of blacksmiths in it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Night awoke to the excited sounds of the little pixie. She opened one eye and then the other. "What are you going on about so early in the morning?" she demanded. Still half asleep, she washed her face in the porcelain basin and slipped into her clothing. She almost jumped out of her skin when she noticed there was more than one wolf in the room. "Shadow!!!!!!!!! I don't believe it, you're here!" Night was just as excited as the pixie. "I see you brought some friends along. How lovely!" Pesky had her hands on her hips, annoyed that she was interrupted. "As I was saying, how are things at the shed? Where have Syx and CC gone off to? How are all our friends? What brings you here????"

Night wanted so badly to hug the majestic wolf lord but she didn't know him well enough and he might think her odd. Instead, she sat in the over stuffed chair beside the fireplace and told him about the miniature dragon egg and how happy she was to be guarding it. She felt foolish after when she realized that he usually knew what was going on and probably didn't need to be told a thing. Blushing, she turned to small talk and invited the wolves to breakfast. The wizards would be waiting and she couldn't wait to introduce them to Shadow and his companions.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh boy, a concert in my spare room!! Mark and a couple of friends jamming.

He has 8 crate amps stacked around the tiny room and a few guitars. I miss this so much!

I love listening to musicians jam and practice.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Love the mother of pearl inlay on that second guitar!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Morning/afternoon my Lovlies! Going out with my friend soon. I'll be back tonight. Hope you are all well.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
OK, where did everyone go? Was there a party and I wasn't invited? Did aliens come down from the sky and abduct you all? Is the shed dying?
I miss everyone and it's lonely in here.

Had a good day shopping today. At a second hand store I got a pretty little mantle clock for 3.99, a beautiful little dark wooden jewelry box with a heart shaped glass top for 2.99, a velvet scarf for 1.50, a pair of winter boots for 7.00, and a dress for 6.99.

Hope to see you all soon!!

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join