It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

That Avatar looks very nice on you. It speaks volumes about your user name. It also takes a leap to the left as one would assume that the kitty is the bug whisperer.

Perhaps I am looking at it too deep. I do that sometimes. It suits you!

P

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

That Avatar looks very nice on you. It speaks volumes about your user name. It also takes a leap to the left as one would assume that the kitty is the bug whisperer.

Perhaps I am looking at it too deep. I do that sometimes. It suits you!

P

Awww - Thank You!

You are so right! I didn't see that before, but it perfectly illustrates a bug whisperer!

this blows my mind for many reasons, i'll continue this in another post since my thoughts need organized, Lol!

love,

bug

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

WOW!
Here's one for Gimme...

LINKY

Train V Tornado!
G

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hi gimme! I swear I could hear this song playing when those trains went by!

edit on 30-5-2015 by BugWhisperer because: I can't fix it! ]

edit on 30-5-2015 by BugWhisperer because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by BugWhisperer because: (no reason given)[/editby

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

OMG!! That was scary!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

OMG!! That was scary!

Have you been looking at a photo of ME again Bug??? LOL

G

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Morning Everyone!

There will be a Birthday barbecue party for little Cody who just turned 7.
So if I'm missing later today, you'll know why.

Yikes Gordi, that train vid was scary!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Bug your avatar is perfect!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Morning ALL...here we go again..get ready.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hey! I like that avatar pic! Is cool!! Would make a good PC desktop image too!!

Good morning to You and everyone else! You all have a great day, if possible! Syx...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
WOW....well for some reason i guess i slept all day here..its like 5:45 here...man my new pill so knocked me out...WOW...but i so hate sleeping this late in the day..as now its all gone..i should just kick SYX butt for letting me sleep this late..i hate sleeping past 11:00..man this sucks day is almost over..maybe i wont take that pill any more..WOW...well i hope every one is having a great day what is left of it...

CC..

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I finally got it!!

love, bug

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

I finally got it!!

love, bug

Hi gimme! I swear I could hear this song playing when those trains went by!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I would suggest you try half a pill next time. I often use half pills.

It is also a damn site cheaper.

P

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

thanks..and yes i will do that..syx said i was up already and went back to bed..i dont even remember doing that..wow..i started freaking out as i dont even remember any thing that happen this morning..wow..again thanks for saying the i have them all cut now..

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

CC? Cool Avatar!! I like That one! But, Who's the Human, if I may ask? Just Curious... Me...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hello Pheonix, CC and Syx!

CC, I think that is your best avatar ever! Very magical! I was sleepy all day myself, but had a birthday barbecue to attend.
I am on a number of meds for different physical problems, so there isn't much I can do with my meds.

Going back to watching the series of Harry Potter movies.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Made it back from my trip to North Carolina and Virginia about an hour ago and boy was it a fun one!!!

After heading down on Friday to grab the return of Norfolk & Western "J" Class 611 from Spencer, North Carolina to Roanoke, Virginia. Myself and a couple of friends of mine got up way before the butt crack of dawn to go from our hotel room twenty miles away. Once we arrived in Spencer and saw that hardly a thing was going on. We decided to mope around the grounds of the North Carolina Transportation Museum where the 611 was being kept to kill some of the large amount of time that we had before the scheduled departure.

Since we had plenty of time to get ahead and go to a spot that was our first choice when we planned the trip a couple of weeks ago. Sliding by High Point, North Carolina to our first stop to get the 611 coming out of Spencer. After arriving and realizing that we were going to be there a while as the dispatcher in Greensboro was having to run quite a few trains out in front of it . We decided to stay and make time with what was coming and shoot some north bounds coming up from Charlotte . We did not move from our spot for nearly two hours before some more people showed up. Sad thing is that we had to wait almost three hours before our target came along.

The first train of the day was rolling through just as the sun starts to get into the trench. Trying its best to get out of the way and make room. Train 195 rolls north as it tries to clear before the days festivities, and the headaches for the dispatchers, start between Spencer, NC and Roanoke, VA.
" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

After meeting Amtrak 73, the southbound Piedmont, just a few miles outside of town. Our target comes into sight as Norfolk & Western 611 rolls into High Point as it makes its way north on the first leg of its journey to Roanoke.
[url=https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11312834_565825940222597_793690121344848857_o.jpg]

Once we got the steam special coming through Pelham, North Carolina and failing to snap a photo at the right time. We were off to our next destination at Altavista, Virginia after we just missed out on our shot at Danville, Virginia. Here we see the northbound special coming into Altavista, Virginia just a few miles from its servicing and boarding point for more railroad big wigs at Lynchburg, Virginia.
[url=https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/11312797_565825913555933_1406059940128112509_o.jpg]

Once we knew we had time to piddle around to get to the next shot on our list of places. It was one place that we thought we could make something out of it. After getting there and seeing that there was only one person there when we showed up. We decided to go ahead and try for a shot. Charging through town on its way to Roanoke. The 611 is seen making a run for the hill as it heads west along the Blue Ridge District at Bedford, Virginia. Believe it or not, Norfolk Southern CEO Wick Moorman was at the controls when this shot was taken. This shot would turn out to be the last one of the day for us as we could not catch up to it to get another photo anywhere else.

edit on 31-5-2015 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Choo Choo

That bridge needs a paint. It is rusting. It will fall down and no-one will want to take the blame.

No sounds this time

Now ... Gimme. trivia question/ Do you know why railroad tracks (standard Gauge) are that far apart?

P

edit on 31/5/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Choo Choo

That bridge needs a paint. It is rusting. It will fall down and no-one will want to take the blame.

No sounds this time

Now ... Gimme. trivia question/ Do you know why railroad tracks (standard Gauge) are that far apart?

P

Yes it's rusting and it needs a paint job. It's been like that for years and it hasn't had any problems that I know of. Besides, unlike automakers and contractors, the railroads built their stuff to last.
You know, I never understood why some places use different gauges. I guess it depends on the ruggedness of the terrain or something.

P.S.

For some reason I can't get two of the photos in my previous post to work properly. So I guess I'll try and link them again......

With some more trains running in between that I did not bother to make an attempt to take a photo of. Following almost dead right on the heels of the 195 and just a few minutes of northbound 158. Train 36Q is seen rolling into town with an EMD standard cab up front.

Running just a few minutes ahead of the mighty 611 came through hauling some serious ass. About to make its station stop before continuing north. Amtrak 80, the Carolinian, is seen pulling into High Point just before continuing the trip to New York City.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join