It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 363
<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm up!

I went to bed really early. 6pm. Now I am paying for that.

I kinda like this. Nice and peaceful.

Sorry your still feel achy.

I have some hot chocolate. Sorry, no whip cream.

edit on 15-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Here ya go Night. Have some tea.

edit on 15-3-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi WIS,

I'm thinking... more like an old photograph?

Or maybe a "nature" framed print?

Or one of those little hand-painted keepsakes?

(I was going to give her "Sideburns" for a giggle!! LOL)

PS - Do you know where the expression "sideburns" comes from??? It's quite interesting.

Any changes to the pics? Just let me know.
G

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hello everyone!!! I am so sorry that I have been MIA. RL jumped right in the way. They have found 2 cancer spots on Paul's chest that have to be removed. They are too large to cut out so they are having to freeze them in treatments. Right now they look soooo painful. Once this heals up he has to start putting a cemo cream on them. They said it will be about a 6 month treatment.

OMG the pictures. My eyes my eyes!!! LOL

Will be back around soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi Kitty Kat! Sorry I missed you! I figured the whole world was fast asleep and ended poking around the forums and messaging my buddy on Skype who works nights and had just got home. Then after a while I went back to bed.
Wow, no wonder you were up so early if you went to bed at 6pm. LOL

Gordi, I especially like the last two pics! Nice touch with the flowers and the frame on the other one. I love flowers!!! You made me laugh with the thought of putting sideburns on her. LOL So what is the story on sideburns?

Martin, Hello there! Wow, I didn't know they had a chemo in cream form. Interesting. I wish Paul the very best. Wish all cancers could be treated with a cream instead of bags and bags full of chemo going in with a needle and having to sit there for hours. I had to have an operation to have a port put in because too many needles in your arm can damage the veins and it was so much easier and didn't hurt that way.

The birds are chirping out at my feeder. I'm not ready to get dressed yet. Need more coffee for that.

Shout out to Bug...we miss you!!!!!! Get back soon!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

....So what is the story on sideburns? ....

From Wiki:

The term sideburns is a 19th-century corruption of the original burnsides, named after American Civil War general Ambrose Burnside, a man known for his unusual facial hairstyle that connected thick sideburns by way of a moustache, but left the chin clean-shaven.

Link to info on wiki HERE

So, now you know!
It's basically a mistake!! LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

like all good discoveries! They were usually a mistake or were going for something else.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thank you Gordi! LOL

Hi MNS!

I'll be leaving in about a half an hour with my friend Linda. Our day out for lunch and shopping and laughter.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Add a handlebar mustache and you've got comedy gold.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Hi Mrs Non,

I did see your dress, and I think it is very pretty.

I must admit, it seems more wintery to me. If you too love birds are wedding in the spring or summer, I may want to go with something more light.

Here where I'm at it is spring, so I have sunshine, shorts and cold margarita's on the brain. LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Add a handlebar mustache and you've got comedy gold.

PICS or it didn't happen Skiddy!
LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

...Here where I'm at it is spring, so I have sunshine, shorts and cold margarita's on the brain. LOL!!!

Won't that mess up your hair??

BigG

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!!!!

I too have been MIA lately. I will be starting my new job in a few weeks, so I have been trying to get all my ducks in a row, so as not to have alot of stuff to do the first week of work.

I have got so many things to get ready for spring. One of those things is getting my boat ready for open water.

I couldn't sleep last nite, so I popped on to ATS to read abit. When I went back to bed I had the funniest dream. I have to share since some of you were in it.

MY DREAM:

I was out on the water testing out the boat and was headed back to the launch. I could see three people standing on the dock, and another person standing up on the hill. In the dream I seemed to be expecting them. I was happy they were there.
As I got closer to the dock, the boys were jumping up and down, and the two adults had happy smiles on there faces.

I said, Jeez Gordi, I didn't think you guys were gonna make. And Gordi said ( in a scottish accent) We flew as fast as we could, the boys have been so excited.

I looked up at Chrissie and waved and she yelled, hurry up I am getting hungry. Gordi helped me out of the boat and I gave each boy a hug and turned to Gordi and gave him a hug. Gordi you are tall. LOL!! Gordi replied, your short. LOL!!!

Then I said to them, Ok guy's have a good time. Gordi and the boys got into the boat and drove away. I headed up to the top of the hill, Chrissie and I hugged and I said Ok let's get back to the house and start cooking. She handed me the glass she was holding and said, want some? It's abit watered down. And I took the glass and drank from it. It was a watered down rum and coke. I said, Well fix that when we get back to the house. In the dream, I watched as the two of us got into my truck and took off down the road.

The dream ended as I was pulling up my driveway and I saw my boys and some other people sitting at the picnic table (which I don't even have yet) Anyway, I woke up about there cuz I had to go to the bathroom. I tried to get back into the dream, but wasn't able too.

Since I have been up, I have been wondering who the other people were.

I can't wait to go to sleep tonite and dream some more.

OK, SInce I slept late this morning, it is 1pm in the afternoon now, and I have to get my butt in gear.

See you later.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You crack me up Gordi.

What do you make of my crazy dream?

Wouldn't that be so cool to happen in real life. Your boy's would love it up here in the Northwoods. Lot's to do any season of the year.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

You crack me up Gordi.

What do you make of my crazy dream?

Wouldn't that be so cool to happen in real life. Your boy's would love it up here in the Northwoods. Lot's to do any season of the year.

It wasn't a dream kat - Don't you remember??

LOL - Hey maybe it was a premonition??? WoooHooo!!!
No, hang on... it couldn't have been real.... not if Chrissie's drink was watered down!!! ROFL (Just KIDDING Chrissie!!!)

Gx

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

LOL!!!!!

Dude, Are you wanting to sleep in the guestroom forever??

I have been thinking about it all day. Oh what fun it would be. Since I have moved up here, I have had a handful of friends come and visit. I guess I miss having a busy house all the time. I do enjoy the quiet and the alone time. But I do long for those times when the house is full of laughter and loud jamming music, and the second fridge is filled with beer. I have friends coming to visit next week, but they are tea tottlers, so no loud music next weekend. LOL!!! Until they leave.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

What kind of friends is that???
Tee-Total AND no Music?????

I'd dump them.

G

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hello everyone!
I have another chapter in my tale of Errollorre and his adventures.
The previous chapter can be found in this link here:
Chapter 10 page 359

and now for:

Chapter 11

Troll the troll stood in the luxurious surroundings of the secret library of the Accasian forest.
He watched Errollorre speak with an elf woman.
Troll thought “She ugly elf woman. Is she ugly woman Errollorre look for?
Elf woman don’t act like she know Errollorre. Now she say her name Night Star.
Troll remember elf woman. Ugly elf woman and mean animals attack Troll.
Errolloree telling elf woman about looking for another elf woman.
That look like ghost standing there.
Is that other elf woman looking like ghost?
He call ghost elf, Aria. She ugly too.
But at least she can be looked through. Harder to see the ugly.”

Troll then noticed Night Star’s companions “Pesky” the pixie,
“Sky” the miniature dragon,
“Hugo” the rainbow winged wildcat,
and “Wolf” the white wolf, all staring at him.
Troll remembered when they attacked him on his bridge. Troll only wanted to eat them.
There was no reason to be mean to Troll.

It had only been a couple of weeks since they last met.
But much had changed for Troll.
He met Prince Dricore, who was disgusted with Troll’s continuous runny nose.
So Dricore had performed magic on Troll and removed the constant nose dripping.
But when that was taken from Troll, it changed Troll.
Troll felt different. He didn’t fit in with other trolls anymore.
He started to think different. He understood that others could have sadness.
Troll developed empathy.

So when Troll heard Errollorre’s song in the prison,
about missing and looking for his lost love,
Troll for the first time in his life wanted to help someone.

When Troll escaped the prison with Errollorre he got something he had never had before in his life, a friend.
Troll liked his new friend. He had given Troll new fun things to do.
Because of his new friend, Troll was in a barroom fight,
and was able to use the bar itself as a club on many men.
Troll got to see the Faery Kingdom for the first time,
and fight many men and beasts.
He got to break down the city gates, fight more men,
throw Errollorre through a stain glass window, meet a queen,
speak like an educated gentleman for a while,
find a secret library, crash through more doors,
yes, Troll liked this new way of life.

Troll didn’t want to fight Night Star’s companions so he tried to think of a way to show them he was not a threat.
Troll decided he would just act like a typical visitor to a library.
Troll clasped his hands behind his back and began to casually walk around the room.
He looked intently at pictures and statues that lined the walls,
never understanding a thing that he looked at.
Nor did he notice his ears and hair knocking over various artworks as he passed them.
He did get a little suspicious of the sounds of cracking and breaking that occurred behind him.
So in order to appear even more casual, as he strolled through the room he attempted to whistle.
Something he had never done before.
Troll puckered up and blew, sending a stream of drool and spit onto a priceless painting on the wall.

Errollorre turned around to look at Troll when he noticed Night Star’s eyes grow wider.
Night Star’s companions just stood there with their mouths open,
as they watched the unintended destruction that was going on before them.
Pesky the pixie flew over to Night Star and started complaining.
Troll caught this commotion out of the corner of his eye.
But he decided to continue his casualness and ignore the ugly little bug woman.

Troll walked up to a bookshelf and slowly looked up and down at the various priceless books that lined its shelves.
Troll couldn’t read the titles because it took Troll a very long time to figure out a single word.
But he didn’t want those watching him to know this.
So he chose a random book, and reached out gently,
with his huge hand and oversized fingers.

Troll tried to have a delicate touch as he reached for the book,
but his thumb pushed the bookshelf sending it toppling over backwards into another bookshelf.
Row by row like dominoes, the bookshelves in the great library crashed to the floor.
After a solid minute of the sounds of crashing and ripping, there was silence,
as great clouds of dust circled the room.
Troll picked up a book and walked over to a large, ancient chair,
that stood by a table in the middle of the room.
When Troll sat in the throne-like chair its legs snapped like twigs.
Troll crashed to the floor while still seated in the chair.

Errollorre, Night Star, and her companions, turned from staring at Troll,
to see the hooded dark robed men, the guardians of the hidden and secret forest library of Accasia,
enter, limping down the hallway towards them.
The tallest of the hooded men stepped forward and was about to address them when he noticed the destruction of the room.

The tall hooded man looked at Troll,
seated in the collapsed and broken chair,
sitting casually crossed legged, and holding a rare and priceless book in front of him to read.
The book was upside down.

All present just stared at Troll in the dust filled room.
The silence was only broken occasionally, by the sound of a falling book, or a breaking piece of pottery.
Troll looking intently at the upside down book before him,
he licked his thumb and went to turn to the next page.
The sound of the page ripping pierced the silence of the room.
Troll ignored the page as it floated to the floor, and he continued to pretend to read.
Page after page was slowly ripped from the valuable book until finally,
Troll came to the last page and closed the book.

Everyone just stood there. They looked at Troll. Troll looked at them.
Behind the tallest of the hooded men, several of the other hooded men began to quietly weep.
Troll stood with the seat of the chair still attached to his bottom. He addressed the tall hooded man with his most sophisticated voice.
“Book good.” Said Troll, “But need more pictures.”

edit on 15-3-2016 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thank You Gordi, I would like my name incorporated in some fashion. Those alteration are so pretty I think the "hand painted" one is subtle but forceful. Gaelic letters or what ever you fancy.
Are we allowed to list an artist for our pics, I feel like a thief when I don't list them for any picture I post really.
How is lovely Scotland and the wee family? Are the spring storm bad?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Crappie that is so cool, and I congratulate you. I have dreams that incorporate the Shedites but I have been to shy to share.
So you are into boating, what kind?
And spring??? Well it has been warm but you are so much farther north. We still have ice patches here and there. Not to speak of the lakes.

The hot chocolate this morning hit the spot.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks WIS!

Scotland is just brilliant and the weather has been amazing!
Cool, slightly frosty nights, but bright sunshine and blue skies most days recently.
No storms at all to speak of.

I'll try and add your name to the pic tomorrow, it's getting late here now and I need my beauty sleep!! LOL

Gx

top topics

<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join