It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

OHhhhhhh,

I call those drop biscuits. Usually made with Jiffy or Bisquik. Right?

Now I have a taste for biscuits and gravy.

HEY!!!

Is anybody else having problems with ATS, I am having difficulty, so if I disappear I am having technical difficulties.

edit on 6-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

YESSSS!!!

Those are the ones, although, according to the old man...you have to take crisco shortening and put flour in it and "cut" it until it resembles little pebbles...then you have to add equal parts buttermilk and whole milk until just mixed in...

He has never known the difference!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

OK I am back. Something went totally wonky with my computer. I disconnected and reconnected. I think it was my provider.

Yes. My grandma taught me how to make those's the old fashion way. But I do jiffy or bisquik. Easier, LOL!! And My family doesn't know the dif, cuz they wern't brought up with um. LOL!!!!!!

Now, I can kinda understand your hubby's taste. If made right, they really do taste different.

But hey, I'm with you. whatever makes my time in the kitchen alittle easier.

They will never know....Hush now.
edit on 6-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
(Sneaks in takes some chicken out of the fridge, grabs a box of donuts off table, turns off light and sneaks out.)
edit on 6-3-2016 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

What the heck??? You don't want to visit with me?

Ok fine. Well we had a chicken dinner and for desert as the day must be "We Had"

They were delish.

Hope everyone has a wonderful sunday nite and those across the pond, Sweet Dreams."

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I keep getting behind in here! I was down at Mom's apartment with my Niece's husband. He will be taking a lot of things later this week. I helped point things out they may want and helped separate his stuff from the things my Sister has aside and stuff for my Nephew and his wife. I keep finding little things here and there for myself too. Dennis and I sat for hours looking through pictures and emptying draws of them because he is taking a bedroom set.

Hope you are all as well as can be. I have been wanting to write in the story, but all that work I've been doing drains me and leaves me tired and uninspired, but never fear, I shall eventually get back into it.
Love and light,
Night

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, I finished his dinner sans the greens but, the girls helped me make him a chocolate cake!
Okay, I know it's Oreo day but...

He is a thin man and he really doesn't get "junk" often due to his health issues. He will be in heaven when the "DEAD" comes on!

I/we haven't had fried chicken in so long, I swear, I could possibly eat an entire chicken (fried).

You didn't say it was fried did you?
I know there are "baked" versions out there but, somehow, I don't think it would be the same! LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
Sir
You are Naughty, you could have left a note and some flowers for all of us.
Well not the boys. They most certainly applaud you.
You left the door open, a raccoon could have come in, you dragged your dirty feet all over the floor,
"Wipe them" what do you think doormats are for, or as my Mother would say "Take your shoes off, my floors are clean"

You sprinkled sugary powder all over the counter and there was a chicken bone on the floor.

Hugs, you are welcome to our poor left overs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OH Hell No!!!!!!

Fried chicken,

Brine first. (don't have a recipe avail)

Soaked in buttermilk for 24 hrs.

Then double dipped in seasoned flour. + egg dip.

OMG!!! The best fried chicken I have ever had.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi WIS

You look like you are hunting for something.

Hope you find it.

I am off to bed. 4 am comes early.

Peace to you all.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Crappie National Oreo day. I wish I had known. I would have justified my craving by being patriotic. Such absolutely lovely pictures of decadence.

Chirp Beans, Beans, please, I don't have a clue about southern cooking so just serve them.
I am so sorry you can't have fried chicken. Isn't that on the top of dishes that will be served at the "Heavenly Banquet" ?

Gordi You are so sneaky. Are those T-shirts available with out the 2014 logo?
Now my dear, even if you don't think your wife is pampering you, she is, remember to appreciate it.
It doesn't matter what your perception is, she is all ways right.

OMG we have a thunder storm, just now, I thought I was having a seizure or something with the light flashes, but now we have giant BOOMS.
I hate thunder storms after my first three tornadoes.
Wish us well, please.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Do you have thunder storms there? this is odd. It is horrendous around here now.
Stay safe.

No I am not hunting I have no idea what you mean.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Chirp Beans, Beans, please, I don't have a clue about southern cooking so just serve them.
I am so sorry you can't have fried chicken. Isn't that on the top of dishes that will be served at the "Heavenly Banquet" ?

OMG we have a thunder storm, just now, I thought I was having a seizure or something with the light flashes, but now we have giant BOOMS.
I hate thunder storms after my first three tornadoes.
Wish us well, please.

Be safe! Thunderstorms can be scary! We had lightning hit the tree right outside our camper trailer when I was very young . in Virginia, and we were building a cabin. It left me nearly shell shocked for an hour or so...it scared my Mom how I was acting. It left the prettiest "charred" spiral down (or up) the tree...it was fantastic really.

My dog, Wally, runs and hides under his blankets when it storms...he shakes and looks at me as if I am doing it!

Beans...they are healthy but, probably NOT the way the old man prefers them. I've just not added salt to cooking for so long AND the ham is very lean.
I brought him a plate and he says "Wow! my favorite"... "Okay either you've already bought it OR you want something" LOL...

To add: I don't presume to know what Kat meant but, I think she was referring to your new avatar...
edit on 6-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Ha ha, I haven't left yet.

Your avatar looks like he/she is looking for something. Hunting?

Sorry if we mis understood.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I often wish that the shed was a real life place where we could go and find our solace. I mean, like down the street, not online. LOL Everyone gathered together in a big garden or by the ocean or somewhere nice, having a meal and drinks and meeting magical beings and stuff.

It is. It is real. We are real. We will one day be together, with all the loved ones in our so called real lives and we will have lovely never ending gatherings.
And most important, we are real and true in this very moment.
I hear your longing my friend. Oh Fuddle Muffin.

I love you all! Just had to say that.

We know you do, dear.
Whew that storm passed hard but quick, Thank God.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh good, She just looked so inquisitive to me.
I am just hungry for pan cakes or a hardy stew served with intelligent conversation.

Or a vacation where it is warm and I can swim all day. Hay just give me pancakes.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Or a vacation where it is warm and I can swim all day.

Yessss!
Somewhere warm with aqua blue water.
Warm sand and endless sunshine!

hmmmm...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You girls cracked me up with some of your replies! I needed the chuckle! And some of you made me hungry as hell for junk food.

Here's our ocean...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Continued from page 329...Aria spoke to the kind and gentle wise elder. If the witch dies, will her spell be broken? We came to seek information from here that might reverse the spell. We believe there is a necklace that has something to do with the spell and its magic as well. We have friends searching and helping us. I am so lost and confused and so weary of this ghostly life." The gentle man hurried them inside the beautiful stone building.

The eldest could see the pain and heart ache behind the winged elf's beautiful eyes. Her silken reddish hair fell over her delicate shoulders like a stream. "My dear one, the Brothers and I have been searching for the ancient tomes of dark arts and mysteries for some time now. There are many rooms and many levels in this fine building. We have been diligent in our search and have never stopped trying. As you know, there are more pieces to the puzzle that must be solved as well. Your friends are out there at this very minute doing their part in helping you find the freedom you desperately seek and deserve. Now, if you will rest here a bit, we will have a fine supper of roasted meats and root vegetables, fresh baked bread and other delicacies for your dining pleasure."

Night tried to hold Aria's hand in support and comfort but her hand went right through it. Though her friend could be seen, she was still a ghostly figure after all. "Don't worry, our time will come and when it does, we shall rise victoriously against the witch and her minions. You shall be set free, trust me winged one, you shall be free." Aria floated to a nearby stained glass window as dusk fell softly. "Night, the guardians are searching the library, we can't stay here while Garren is locked away in the witches dungeon. It's all my fault. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be there." She lowered her head as the tears fell freely down her rosy cheeks. "He is just a boy."

Night too lowered her head as her lips trembled and her heart broke. "I haven't told anyone, but ever since Sky and I have bonded, he has drained some of my magic. He needed it to feed off of. A Mother dragon would do the same and allow it until he grows stronger. I tried sending out messages to my Shed friends and to Garren's guardians to help him. Maybe they heard me, but I don't know for sure. I do feel that he will not be harmed and that she will use him as a pawn in her evil game of trying to defeat us. Soon, we will leave this place and join the great battle that is to come. The guardians are Brothers of some spiritual order, but they have weapons for defense. They keep extras in case of situations like this. I will need bows and arrows or a fine sword. Rest now my friend. I am confident in the powers of goodness and light against the dark. We shall rise against the evil that haunts us."

Pesky flew to Night's shoulder. "Did you know he could do that?" "Do what?" asked Night. "That!" She looked to where the pixie pointed and saw Sky lighting every unlit candle in the room and laughed with delight. "He has learned to breathe fire. That will be useful in the days to come.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked it.

Things are fine with us. I've learned a few things but not enough where I feel justified updating my thread.

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join