It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Gbro

Keeping it positive mate

but I had to pull out, luckily my Hooley saved the day

DDIC

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
How about

The Shed 4 The Ongoing Saga Continues.

P

That's the way mate !...

Aussies have a funny habit of - wanting to see the right thing , done.

I think Phoenix is on the same page ...

Your back will be crowded shortly ...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Cody YUM..... Your pizza looks ok to me. I've seen your other meals. You do a good job. I give a Man alot of credit who will get in the kitchen and cook. I know a few that are skin and bones. There fools. They won't even try. Maybe their Mothers scolded them when they came into the kitchen as kids. The kitchen in my home is where everyone ends up. And everyone pitches in. A great kitchen is a money maker when you want to sell.

Thanks kat

The kitchen is my favourite room in the flat, or indeed any house, we've budgeted for our dream kitchen when we move
As a nipper I remember my granny making pastry at stupid o'clock in the cold and dark and teaching me the basics of cooking. I fell in love with it, the only I won't cook is fish, I love it but fish hates me
It's all I can do to not puke if the cuddle monster decides to have oily fish for dinner

a reply to: WalkInSilence

I really like that last line, something Buddhist about it.
May your lovely family soon find its perfect place in this scrambled universe.

Hi WIS

We draw inspiration from where we least expect to find it sometimes, that line was from The Rocky Horror Picture Show

And thanks for your good wishes, I'm sure we will eventually, this move is with a view to our retirement dream, a place in South Africa and a boat for me to go sea fishing at my leisure. Once unthinkable but now within our grasp

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
NightStar is correct!
Our page limit is 400 (not 300) so we do have plenty of time yet in Shed 3.

The renaming thing reminds me of when I was part of a raft-race team over on the Island.
We named the first raft "Effluent Rider" as a protest because the water quality there used to be very poor.
The next year was "Effluent Rider II"
then "Effluent Rider The Turd"!!
and finally... "The Turd goes Forth!"
They sorted out the water quality after that with a new water treatment plant! LOL

(There was ONE other incarnation of the raft name but it's probably too rude to post here!!)

G

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Heya mate !!

Sounds like you and the cuddle monster are makin' plenty hay in a limited British bright moment ! lol...

Best of my best to your good self and your lovely Wife mate !!!

Can't think of any folk more deserving !!

It's OK ... got my own kleenex .... rude bastards !

pfft !

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Aye!!

Ye can PM me mate ... lol !

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Heya mate !!

Sounds like you and the cuddle monster are makin' plenty hay in a limited British bright moment ! lol...

Best of my best to your good self and your lovely Wife mate !!!

Can't think of any folk more deserving !!

It's OK ... got my own kleenex .... rude bastards !

pfft !

G'day mate

Yeah very exciting times over this side of our little rock floating in space, it's been too long man. And great to be back in touch
Hoping all is well with you and beautiful family.

I do have my head stuck up my backside somewhat at the moment, but that's just me.

Normal service will be resumed ASAP

Wait until you hear the popping sound and I'll be back

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: SyxPak

The Shed 4 ?

Whats wrong with that ?

You guys are changing the name?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Augustus I'll have to go back and look. I can't remember where I found it. But I will look.

Please do. With my constant travel there is a good chance I could actually go there.

Those pre-Prohibition cocktails sound interesting. I will check out that book later.

It is a great book, the bar in Manhattan is fantastic. It actually helped me figure out what my Great Aunt's collection of glassware was, it was a cocktail set from the 1920's.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400

I would not mind having that set up at all!!!! Only problem I foresee myself having there is either getting lost or not having enough friends to come over and run the trains.

If you ever end up in north Jersey let me know, I have been a member there since it was founded.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

You guys are changing the name?

Let's hope not! I, however, have not been around long enough to vote but, if they DO change the name...
I SHALL FIND YOU ALL!!!
Mwahahaha!
How does one manage to NOT get so far behind that it makes it almost impossible (for me anyway and my limited brain capabilities) to respond to people individually?

a reply to: crappiekat

originally posted by: crappiekat
Tell that man of yours "He's not normal if he doesn't like pizza and beer." Food and drink of the Gods.

I love the bar! I could picture myself, sashaying up to it, in a sequined gown with opera gloves and a 3 foot long cigarette...OH, and I told the old man he's not normal! He says he knows...LOL!

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
This will be my favorite sleeping bag
To all a good night.

a reply to: WalkInSilence I LOVE your sleeping bag!
♪♫"Sometimes we only live for the here and now
Sometimes we're lonely
Sometimes we feel we need a place to be grounded
Or fly away again"♪♫

edit on 21-2-2016 by TNMockingbird because: too early for quotes lol!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, this morning I have been watching and haven't stopped smiling.

Thank you for posting those.

Good Question!!!

Where is the Birthday Boy?????? He is a weather watcher, So maybe he is out in the field.

Cyclone Winston has beat the tar out of Fiji. And we have a upper level disturbance bringing severe weather into the South of the US and moving into the eastern part of the US.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Good morning everyone.
In regards to the name for "The Shed" when it moves to a new thread because The Shed 3" will reach it's 400 page limit,
as a relative new comer, (for posting here anyway) I would like to state my unsolicited opinion.

I think the name "The Shed 4" makes the most sense.
If one wants to look up or read previous posts from earlier Shed adventures a simple number system will make it much easier to find things in chronological order.
Unless your dyslexic. lol
edit on 21-2-2016 by Errollorre because: it's morning and I type like crap even when fully awake.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Errollorre because: I caught another typo. Gee that sounds like a disease.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and write some story jacy!!!!
Okay.

This is my last entry, sadly it's old and rather outdated...but, it is what it is.

Hours later, Jacy awoke to bright sunshine. Rubbing her eyes, she looked around to see that everything in the room was clean and freshly polished. She slapped her hand on the duvet trying to recreate the 'poof' of dust that had been there earlier.
*slap*
Nothing.

A slight tinkling sound could be heard from down the hallway...along with numerous curse words and hisses.
"Who's there?" Jacy shouted out, rather startled.
"It's about time you got here. I've made you a tea..."
Poking her head around the door, Jacy saw Sophie struggling to carry a cup and saucer.
"Sophie!!" she squealed. "Where have you been? I was so worried!!"
She rescued the teacup and scooped up the disgruntled ferret.

"Where have I been? Where have YOU been? I lost you in the tsunami...and came back here. You're magic isn't working, by the way!" she twitched her whiskers, trying not to smile.
The relieved girl was busy covering her furry friend with kisses when she stopped suddenly and repeated, "Tsunami? What tsunami? I don't remember much."
Pausing, she reached for the tea and sipped greedily. Sophie seized the opportunity to quickly slurp at the spilled tea sitting on the saucer. After wiping her chin on the carpet, she sat up and looked at Jacy.
"Go on...what DO you remember?"

"I remember a campfire....some of us were there, but not all of us...."
She closed her eyes, trying to capture an image from her memory.
"I think I heard True's bass guitar....? Oh! And Tsu! Tsu is gone...and you said her last name was Nommy...and someone else that it wasn't a name but a title?"
"Tsu Nommy! Yes!" Sophie clapped her paws together.
"Tsunami?" Jacy repeated. "I don't get it."
"Well what does a tsu nommy do?"
"Sheez, I dunno...leaves a path of destruction in it's wake?" Jacy replied rather sarcastically.
"Yup, and that's what she does...it's what Tsu do...but then so do you...." the ferret started rolling around laughing.
"Not funny!" and with that she scooped up her little friend and headed down the hall towards the kitchen.

Jacy put the kettle back on the stove and popped a slice of bread into the toaster. Tossing a buttery piece to Sophie, she sat at the table, and asked who had done all the cleaning.
"I did." Sophie grinned. "MY magic is still working."
"Oh...okay. So what is really going on now? And what do you mean about Tsu?"
"Hmm, well...I don't know what's going on right now. Not with everybody. And all I know about Tsu is that she is inter-dimensional...and your soul sister...and when she tries to help somebody, it ends up in disaster."
Sophie shook her head sadly.
"She can talk to you now...but you won't see her."
Jacy looked shocked.
"Was that who I heard last night? I thought it was you...."
"No, I didn't know you were here last night. I was out on Whimsy, trying to see if anyone was heading home."

Suddenly the kitchen door slammed open and hit the wall. Both girl and ferret jumped from their chairs. Someone else was in The Shed.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Grounds for a Spartacus style gladiatorial battle in my book LOL

Mine too! So, I do what any normal human would...I eat/drink it behind his back! LOL

a reply to: Martin75

originally posted by: Martin75
Tomorrow we are taking my 3 year old niece to go see Disney on Ice. I am so excited to watch her!!!! My only problem is she thinks that Mickey is going to come sit with her while Anna and Elisa skate.

I hope it was magical for your niece and I hope you got some good pics! and you and she magical memories!

a reply to: Errollorre

originally posted by: Errollorre
And now the continuing tale of Errollore seeking the Shed.

You are so clever and talented...I feel as if i've known you forever...here...you are an "old" soul...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Errollorre...I'm using your storyline to get mine up and going again...I hope you don't mind! (writer's block big time)
jacy

Tommyboy the moose stuck his head through the doorway.
"Somebody just came through the whirlpool!" he said, "Carl the wizard pushed him in!"

Sophie sat up flailing her paws.
"Carl? The guy who stole the colander from the kitchen?"
Tommyboy nodded his huge head.

Jacy got to her feet and faced the moose with a concerned look.
"Did he make it to the cave?" she inquired.

"He did, and the old man has shown him 'the way'." Tommyboy suddenly lost interest when he spied the open package of donuts on the table. With a quick motion and the flick of his tongue, the entire row of sprinkle donuts disappeared. Sophie scurried up onto the table and sealed the pack before Jacy noticed. Her human friend had been doing a little 'emotional eating' upon returning to find an empty Shed.

Luckily Jacy's mind was distracted with the news of a new traveller en route.
"So the dirt-guy, the elemental dude...HE sent this new warrior to the Shed? You're sure about that?" she asked.

Suddenly her expression of worry changed to a huge grin.
"That means he's a warrior. He's one of us, coming home!"

And with that she scooped up the ferret and headed down the long hall towards the dining hall. "We have work to do!" she said.
Sophie rubbed her paws together. "No more day long brain farts?" she asked. Then squinting her little eyes she murmured, "You should get cleaned up first...and lay off the donuts!"
Jacy nodded sheepishly, and then for the first time (in a long time)...she laughed.

edit on 21-2-2016 by jacygirl because: writer's block

edit on 21-2-2016 by jacygirl because: cuz I didn't like a word

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I first found the kitten diaries on facebook and more on youtube. They crack me up!

They ARE funny! How did I forget about those?!

Spent the better part of the afternoon in the gym. I am one of those annoying people, who on breaks, is on my phone. Travel ball is ramping up and we had a wonderful turn out yesterday for tryouts! So many little ones! Second graders! They are so cute, they put everything they've go into trying to make the basket! Such an experience for these kids!
As I travel into the summer around the State AND the surrounding states (hopefully we can go to Nationals again!) I shall post any interesting/spooky/unusual sights...LOL
If anyone cares...

Ahhhh...I dream of the day when my kids have graduated and get on with their own lives and Mom can start her adventure!!!!

Anyhow...Mornin' (that is NOT a beer! It IS coffee! LOL)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

a reply to: Errollorre

originally posted by: Errollorre
And now the continuing tale of Errollore seeking the Shed.

You are so clever and talented...I feel as if i've known you forever...here...you are an "old" soul...

Thank you. I said it before and I'll say it again, I enjoy your writing. As for being an "Old Soul", you are very insightful.
I like to think of myself a beverage made from the finest grapes. Carefully bottled and aged to a fine vinegar.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

If anyone cares...
Ahhhh...I dream of the day when my kids have graduated and get on with their own lives and Mom can start her adventure!!!!

We care Mocky

Don't wish those days away, I missed my kids growing up and regret it every day of my life, to my ex wife's credit she (and as recently found out partner) did an incredible job with them for which I will be eternally grateful.

A debt I'll never be able to repay

The only debt I have, apart from the cuddle monster standing by me...................

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and write some story jacy!!!!

NOT old and/or outdated...FUN!!!
Maybe you are just hungry...
Here's some breakfast...don't worry...it's TURKEY sausage so it is 100% completely healthy! I swear!

I am NOT a photog but, trust me, it is edible!
LOL

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join