It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Like Mr. Hanky.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
:::Checking my underwear for "scottish flag" lines::: (Saltires!)

Nope.

But I do have a pair of shorts with a Saltire on them... and I think I still have my Tsu Booty shake (Wales) ones somewhere too!
(I'd love to see the recent arrivals trying to figure that one out!!!!!! LOL)

Hi Jacy!
Lovely to see you back home sis.
I'll pull the curtain closed to keep the light low...
And I have some home-made soup left from lunch if you'd like some?
(It's mostly Lentil, carrot, potato and pearl barley with a chicken & ham stock)

I'm just back from BlonnaHooley rehearsal, haven't got caught up yet and I'm pretty tired, so might have to wait until tomorrow...

Wish us luck! We're playing our first FULL 3-hr set on Saturday. (We just played a shortened set at new year in my local pub.)

Anyone else entering the writers contest?? ORIGINS!! Go on, you know you want to!
G

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
More like "poot". I'm funny like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm sending help!!! I think you may be way over your head with this lot of emmmm hmmmm, men?

**** Sorry I had another entry almost complete that went *poof*. Urg. I shall return, the brat cats are hungry.
edit on 2/15/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ahahahaha! I leave for a while and everyone has gone mad. Damn, and I missed all the fun!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

The brat cats LOL! I used to call some of mine brattacats. Hurry and feed the furry critters and get back here with your story!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey night how are you? I have made about 3 story entries. My mind is not in the right place right now. My storyline keeps getting too dark. Right now I think I will just banter with the crazy lot and keep trying. I will find Martin's light side again.

So how are things with you? Snowed in here. We got about 8 inches last night. It then switched to freezing rain but now the temps are coming up so I hope the whole mess melts. I enjoy staying home and working in my jammies but I also like getting out and seeing people. I don't do well pinned up for too long.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Happy belated Birthday Cody

a reply to: cody599
I do hope you find your dream house.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Cody so sorry!!! How did I miss your birthday!!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Please accept my and enjoy my gift, I am so sorry it is late.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello Errollorre

a reply to: Errollorre
I hope you have a lovely stroll here, it is a most magical place.

edit on 15-2-2016 by WalkInSilence because: jeez, just spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
WIS you are breathtaking today!!! I had to do a double take. I love how the hair is just gently moving!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

CC and Syx That was so beautiful. Thank You. You are Awesome. I have happy tears.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah, there you are.

Please feel better, or just snuggle up and have a Shed hug.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Bird laid her head down in the thicket and watched the group leave the Inn.
She had decided, in the dark of night that the time had come to move away from this place. She didn’t know where she was going but, she knew she didn’t want to stay here any longer. She had grown weary of the cats and critters that came searching for scraps from the Inn’s kitchen. They would decide that she looked more appetizing. She was weary from battle. She had grown weary from the loss of her young. She needed strength and love and this place could not provide either.

She achingly spread her wings in the cold bitter morning. She looked around at what had been her home for many seasons and with a deep sigh she spread her wings allowed the sunlight to warm her before taking flight. It had snowed, again, and the drifts had become tall and caused the distance between the sky and the ground to be deceptive. The wind made it difficult to maneuver and the white of the snow caused her to cast a shadow upon the drifts. Better to steer west, she thought, to not be detected by anyone or anything watching or following.

The Bird flew for what seemed an eternity, always keeping an eye on the group below but, she began to languish and thought to fly ahead. She came upon an odd looking tree. It appeared to be a house but, no it was a huge tree with thick and dark foliage the perfect spot for roosting. She would perch, just for a while she thought, and wait on the group. She hoped it provided a safe and secure napping place. Bird had seen no evidence of Owls in her travels so she felt safe enough to rest, with one eye open of course and keeping one side of her brain alert, always.

As the wind howled, the Bird tucked her face into her wing, away from the bite of the cold. She began to dream of a place where birds can live and sing with no fear of being attacked, where all living creatures can exist, in peace. It was an old dream but, one that always calmed her and gave her strength. Where is this place? Does it only exist in her dreams?

Bird startled from her slumber to the sound of large wings. “Oh no!” she thought “You’ve left yourself vulnerable to the Owls!” The Bird straightened her legs and jumped up on the large limb. She positioned herself in her fighting stance, wings spread wide, chest puffed out, only to see a large Dragon landing at the base of the tree. The Dragon, looking fierce was speaking to the Wolf and Hugo. She was unable to make out the words. Something was surely amiss as everyone looked frantic. The Dragon pounded on the door with such force it rattled the tree and nearly shook the bird from her perch on the limb. The Wolf and Hugo looked poised to enter THE TREE?! . “Why, oh, why did she rest?!” the Bird screamed within herself! Was the Elf lost inside?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Why thank you Martin (blonde hair toss), just my natural ambiance.
When I worked at a retirement facility and would ask a person what perfume they wore because it was so lovely and they would answer "nothing" I would reply, "Well then it must be your natural fragrance" They melted and giggled like young girls.

To every one, Jeez I leave for one day and it takes forever to go through pages of writing that make me laugh, giggle, cry and think, (that's the worst part)
The story entries are great, kudo's to all.

Perhaps "someone" would acknowledge the fabulous "work' we do here and reimburse us all for full time participation?
Oh I know I'm being silly now.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Hey night how are you? I have made about 3 story entries. My mind is not in the right place right now. My storyline keeps getting too dark. Right now I think I will just banter with the crazy lot and keep trying. I will find Martin's light side again.

So how are things with you? Snowed in here. We got about 8 inches last night. It then switched to freezing rain but now the temps are coming up so I hope the whole mess melts. I enjoy staying home and working in my jammies but I also like getting out and seeing people. I don't do well pinned up for too long.

Hello Sweetie! Keep writing! Dark, light, whatever, it matters not. Looking forward to hearing more!!!!

Been cold as hell but tomorrow will be a drastic change and warmer. Yay! Stay warm and have some hot chocolate and a good book to read or some great movies to pass the time away. Hang in there, Spring is around the corner!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yay, loved it Martin! I'm just loving that little bird! Don't worry, Night will get out...somehow. Doing my happy dance at your entry. LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

LOL, I have left for less than a day and got all behind in here. It happens now and then. I love your dark horse avatar too!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Martin sat low in the hot spring savoring the hot water rushing over her sore muscles. It seems like it had been weeks since she had found water warm enough to actually submerge herself in it.

Drego hollered from the other side of the vine canopy, “Come on Martin! You have to be a prune by now. Let us have a turn too!”

Martin slowly left the hot springs and dried with the rough towel that Jala had provided to all of them. She quickly dressed in the cold air and ran back to the main camp and the warm fire. “Go on guys. Did you save me anything to eat?” She asked as she rummaged through the pans for the rest of dinner.

It seemed like they had been traveling for weeks without a chance to stop for more than a nap or a quick meal. But there was something about this place that called to her. Something about the area around the hot springs, and it wasn’t just the warm air. So the group was in great spirts with good, baths, and enough room to lay out our beds. Now that they were all clean and fed they would get a good night’s rest. Tomorrow they will explore and see what it is that Martin is sensing.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I'm loving your story!!! It is so neat how you are following along the edges of night's story! Totally new and cool. Keep flying little bird!!

a reply to: Night Star
I have also been loving all of your great story entries!! I promise to do more tomorrow!

a reply to: Errollorre
OMG I LOVED your entry to the story!! I loved both of your stories. Keep them coming!!!

Sorry this is short but I really need to get some sleep. Right after I check a few more things.........
Love everyone I left out!!!!
edit on 2/15/2016 by Martin75 because: to add people

new topics

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join