It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

I just jumped up and HAD to check behind me there!!!!
What are you women up to??? LOL

Nothing, nothing. Why? So you got your cardio for today

No you would not like Denmark, it is f l a t, it is a sand dune, and they have something they call "The Law of Jante" all though I suspect it has been infected into the American society. Chemical war fare or something.
Now you enjoy your Uisge Baugh, I am so envious. Have one for me, please.
edit on 9-2-2016 by WalkInSilence because: For crying out loud

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Kittie I have been thinking about you mentioning the selection of a dog. I didn't have a comprehensible referral for you until today when I heard a show on NPR. ic.upei.ca something like that. or University of Prince Edward Island, CIDD data base. (I do wish I could link)

The reason I am concerned is that too many of the popular dogs have serious hereditary complications.
Apart from the poodle I suggested, which is too inflicted, I thought of the Great Swiss, not the long haired or the Entelbucher.
The "Grosser" was used for hauling, herding and protection and hasn't been as compromised as many off the larger breeds.

Stay warm, dang it is windy here too. I wish I could get a proper wind chill rating.
You are sending out resume's? that is so, well to me, humiliating.
I never sent or submitted a resume until I moved here. I just showed up we talked and it was either an honest yes or no.

Oh, they are called "snow devils" the thing you saw driving. I couldn't find a good picture, I have seen them on fields on windy days they are beautiful and should be called "snow angels or elves"

edit on 9-2-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Who ever reads this.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

But I'd have to be perceived to be a successful individual to fall foul of that! LOL

I shall raise a glass of the good stuff in your name tomorrow!
Tonight? I am off to bed.

Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the shed bugs bite! (Except BugWhisperer! - She's allowed!! LOL)

Probably not be online tomorrow, so I'll just say... see you later!

G

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you.

I've caught Shark before. I had that sucker fileted and I soaked in Milk overnight, the next day I broiled it with butter and spices. We caught a bunch of them that day, but only kept 2. The rest I used shorelunch and fried it up. The boys loved it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

But I'd have to be perceived to be a successful individual to fall foul of that!

Don't put your self down my friend.
No one doesn't have to be successful, but just have aspirations to become more.
If you even think of it you are condemned. I call it inferiority complex.
See Ya Mate.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

AHahahaha,

We don't move our house's here. They are built onto a foundation.

I just wanted to add. I saw a house being moved before. It takes day's and sometimes weeks to do. Mostly Old Historical homes are moved here in the states.

I got the link and will listen shortly.
edit on 9-2-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How are you all?
KittieShark, delicious but tricky. Where did you catch it and what kind?
I have only prepared the smaller versions from the North Sea, when they have an ammonia scent they have all ready gone bad. They are so sensitive to oxygen exposure.

Timely why are you blushing? Did I miss a joke?
Night I hope you had a lovely day.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Where I live, the fisho's stopped netting Salmon in the bight a few years ago.
The result was a steady food source for Great White Sharks (a protected species), which means they can breed and feed here at leisure.

There are a few other species here like Wobbegongs and Gummy Sharks.
I have caught plenty of Shovelnose Sharks (Banks Rays) as well.

I am a bit spoiled here, I can choose between - beach fishing, rock fishing and fishing in the bay off breakwalls etc.

If you want to go off shore a bit, Blue and Black Marlin are regularly caught. People come here from all over the world for the game fishing.

There is even a spot where you can go land based game fishing.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm all behind in here!

You guys keep talking about catching fish and I get them for pets. OMG, I was looking in the pet store today for my rat's treats. They look like fruit loops cereal and is strawberry flavored. She will sit up on her hind legs on her log and take one from my hand every day. Well I got her a new bag today and also found...cookies for her! They looked good enough for a human to eat. Looked for a new betta fish, but waiting for a really pretty and unusual one.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Now this is a Dog I could live with.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Oh dear that is an Entelbucher, or a very small degenerative Grosser, they have a terrible temper, and are n o t easy to handle. Trust me I have experienced them in Europe. The Grosser is a much calmer dog. Bigger yes.

edit on 9-2-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Ach

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Gordi, the only reason you super glued your halo is because the Angels kept trying to take it away and give you a time out.

I wish you and Chrissie peace and much love for tomorrow. You know we will be with you in spirit.

After my Mom's funeral we had a get together buffet for family and close friends at a restaurant and each table had a pitchers of two kinds of margaritas. I left with a good buzz on.

Timely Darlin', your avatar is neked and has...something missing. Kind of like a Ken doll. Shocked as hell that our Scottish friend didn't make any comments on that. Ahahahaha!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Awwww Kat, cute dog! We always see some pretty dogs shopping with their people at the pet store.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There are a few other species here like Wobbegongs and Gummy Sharks.

Hahaha! gummy sharks? Over here in the States we have a candy called gummy bears. They have gummy worms candy too and gummy fish.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Awwww, love the pooh bear pic! I did have a lovely day today. We were laughing so hard in the Chinese restaurant that we made those sitting nearby laugh too.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

WIS, I don't remember what they were called. It was a crazy day. We were on a fishing charter. I caught so many fish that day, and I remember some of the names, But I can't recall the name of the shark. I will tonight about 3 in the morning. I'll let you know then. LOL!!

They looked like little Sand Sharks to me. that flat head.

We were down in Florida in January. We were on the Atlantic side. I have done only two of those charters. Both times it was like shooting fish in a barrel. Thoses captain's know where those reef's are and I have wondered if they don't have feeders out there. Someone told me that baiting or chumming in not allow out there but I wondered.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

When I was a small child, my Dad would take me to Lake Michigan and we would fish off the rock. As a kid it was frustrating because of all the snags if you don't keep an eye on your line.

We alway's had fun, and caught something.

You are very lucky.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My avatar has been shrink wrapped in plastic thank you ( lumpy bits have been "taken care of" for aesthetics ).

My other avatar was a horse ...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Skid Mark the psycho clown woke up and shook his head to clear it. Reaching for a whiskey bottle with shaking fingers, he wondered what he had eaten the night before to have such weird dreams. He guzzled the last of the bottle while he thought. Was it the cotton candy pizza? Was it the peanut butter and mayo sandwich? Or maybe it could have been the chocolate covered sardines. Whatever it was, he would make sure not to have it again.

He could remember dreaming of elves, dragons, fairies, and even some weirdo chasing women around with a lotion bottle. He really didn't want to know what that last was all about.

He shuffled down the hall and made a pot of coffee. He drank two cups while staring out of the grease smeared window at the littered yard in front of his trailer. With a nice caffeine boost, he was now ready to face the day. He turned from the window and went into the restroom, where he peed for what seemed like an eternity.

Skid Mark went through the list of things he had to do today while he exited his trailer. There were pranks to play, people to torment, there were... He stopped dead in his tracks. Instead of his trash littered yard, he saw that he was in another building and that his trailer was a part of it. He turned and opened the door, looking into the trailer, and back into the odd new building. He closed the door and walked forward. Another door appeared in front of him. He opened it and walked outside. When he turned to close the door of the building, he got another shock. It was just a small shed. Confused, he opened the door and peered inside.

What the hell? It's bigger on the inside!

Utterly flabbergasted, he walked a complete circuit around the shed. He walked back inside and marveled how big it was on the inside.

"Screw it," he said, "I'm going back to bed. I've had enough."

As he was closing the shed door, he saw a giant dragon flying over the trees and a fairy flitting around. He slammed the door so he wouldn't see more. He couldn't get back into his trailer and his room fast enough. He opened a fresh bottle of liquid oblivion with hands that shook even more and wondered what kind of Twilight Zone he'd woken up into.

[color=maroon/]
edit on 9-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I would rather be bitten by a gummi bear than a Gummy Shark... Lol !!

en.wikipedia.org...

And I wonder if kat's shark was not similar to the Shovel Nose Shark ...

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join