It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good Lord woman, he eats people and you want recipes? What's happening in here?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If he asks if you want soup, he's not saying Campbell's. Those squishy things are eyeballs, by the way.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Good Lord woman, he eats people and you want recipes? What's happening in here?

We all liked Gollum in an odd sort of twisted way, we felt sorry for him, right? He ate any thing, even orcs.
Now Augustus here may have had a terrible child hood and we should be patient and try to show him the other side of things.
Perhaps he was an orphan and grew up in a Charles Dickens story or maybe his Mummy read King for him as a good night story.
Perhaps he was an abductee?
We must be kind, maybe he has a fortunate traits,

Couldn't help my self.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thank you! You are very sweet and perhaps soon...

I LOVE the woman on the porch...(the photo) I feel like she know something the rest of us don't!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Now I have had a terrible fish soup with eyes in it, I assume that is what you are referring to?
I didn't like it. And I don't need to be reminded of it.
Hon is that SkidMark for the ones you make on the road or the other kind?

What are you boys doing any way?

Night All

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

You are very sweet

Nope, just honest. Sweet never occurs in the vocabulary of how people describe me. Hugs

I feel like she know something the rest of us don't!

Yes she does, doesn't she. Hmmm. What does she know?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Now I have had a terrible fish soup with eyes in it, I assume that is what you are referring to?

Nope. It's from his "private stock" that he keeps in his freezer.

Hon is that SkidMark for the ones you make on the road or the other kind?

That's for you to decide.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Story cont'd from last 3 entries on page 228.

They settled into the room at the end of the hall. It was sparsely furnished and rather small, bit it would do. A fire was burning brightly in the fireplace and candles were lit atop the mantle, desk and bedside table for light. "Garren, I want you to stay here and watch over sky. I'll go see what the purple lady wants. I'll have Aria and Pesky with me to alert the others if the need should arrive." He sighed. Garren was not happy about being left behind and was quite curious about the leopard spotted purple being. They were rare to see and rarer still to see and speak with.

The boards creaked beneath her feet as she made her way to the being's room. She slowly turned the key and opened the door. In front of the fireplace, the flames danced wildly as the purple being chanted softly. Incense wafted through the room swirling and filling it with its sweet scent. Slowly she turned to face the elf. "Please, make yourself comfortable, I mean you no harm." Night Star threw the key onto the bedside table and took a seat near the fire. "What is your name and why have you come to me?"

"Only my kind know the name I have been given at the naming time. It matters not to any others as we do not usually deal with others besides our own." Her beautiful face was so serious and somehow sad at the same time. "So when I address you, what do you want me to do, say, "Hey you?" Night rolled her eyes. "If you can't give me your name or at least a name I can call you by, I will not speak with you." "Fair enough elf. You can call me Delayna. I speak to animals and plants and through the communication roots of the trees, I have heard many things. I know who you are, who you are with and what your quest is. I must warn you of the witch and her followers. Do you really think it will be as easy as finding the ancient tomes and scrolls to help your winged friend and to defeat the witch of her powers? Do your friends think it will be so easy to find a magic necklace and release the spell with that? All of you are in danger and any others who may follow."

Night pursed her lips together and then looked deeply into Delayna's eyes. "I have already defeated great evil in the land with the help of friends and other beings and creatures. Have you not heard that through your communications? Do you think us to be fools without a clue? Let me assure you we are so much more than that and you don't need to involve yourself in our welfare. I know you would prefer not to anyway." Delayna turned to the fire and it faded to merely embers and ash. Evil is never defeated completely, it comes and goes. That is the way of things. They are near, but they can do no harm this night. The witch and her kind have not yet bothered our people or the faeries, but it is only a matter of time. We will only involve ourselves when it becomes necessary. We are a peaceful people and war goes way beyond our tolerance level. I shall prepare my people with a great gathering with the wise elders." Her long dark hair spilled over her shoulder. She pulled out a strange yet beautiful stone wrapped in thin wooden vines of some sort and placed it into Night's hands. "take this with you and keep it closely guarded. It will help protect you. Go now and rest."

When Night looked at the aqua stone, it glowed softly. When she looked up to thank Delayna, she was nowhere to be found. There was only the sweet smell of incense and the bright light of the full moon streaking across the wooden floor.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So Augustus has become our Gollum. I did rather like the little creature in some strange way.

As for the old woman in the pic, she looks like she has lived a long and happy life and is ready for her next wondrous journey when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Story continued from above.

Outside Wolf made circles around the Inn and throughout the wooded area surrounding it. Hugo took to the air, rainbow wings shimmering in the moonlight above. He dipped and spun around and straightened out, slowly at first then accelerated, testing his skills and challenging himself with defensive maneuvers and tricks he taught himself through the years. High on a cliff in the distance stood Storm, the elf's dear friend and dragon watching and smiling. He had never been very far from the group at all. He couldn't bring himself to stray too far as the bond was too strong. And now Night had Sky that needed a special guardian, one of his own kind. Sky was a miniature dragon and would never be as huge as Storm, Perhaps he would reach the size of a large dog, but was still a dragon after all.

Night slipped out of her grimy clothes, leaving them near the door for the maids to clean in the early hours of morn. Aria slept on the small couch in the corner with Pesky curled up next to her. Night decided to bathe in the warm water that was provided in the old iron tub. Garren fed Sky and turned his back to Night to give her privacy. She washed her long blond silken tresses in the floral shampoo and washed in the floral scented soap. She felt all the stress of the day slip away and breathed deeply. When she felt sleepy, she slipped into a thin white nighgown with big puffy sleeves and beautiful embroidery upon the bodice and made her way to bed. Garren didn't mind sleeping on the floor, he was raised in the forest and travelled a lot. He would bathe in the morning and wait for his own clothes to be washed before joining them for breakfast in the morning. It was a long day and he quickly fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.

High in a tree top an owl called. It was a great white owl with emerald eyes that turned...red. In a humans voice he whispered, "I have found them my witch Queen. They slumber in silence." Suddenly Hugo swept down and clutched the feathered creature. They both spiraled to the ground and Wolf stood over them growling, baring long sharp teeth.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Chrissie is great. I don't know how she does it. I'm very lucky!

Gordi do you a have genetic disposition to invite smart A.. comments?
I will refrain since I don't know you that well but only add. Does the marriage certificate in Scotland come with mind altering drugs for the poor females.

The boys are for sale.

Do they shovel snow, carry wood, clean chimneys, mow lawns wash cars and say "Thank you mam" no matter what I serve them. Do they come with a manual and a certificate of sorts?
I promise not to take them to any major league sports game.

LOL - What have I done now??
I KNOW that I'm very lucky! (You've seen my pic right?? LOL)

Drugs?? LOL Ahhh - I don't actually have a Scottish marriage certificate!!!
I have one from the Dominican Republic!! (and that DEMANDS copious quantities of local Rum be consumed before they will perform the ceremony!) My secret is OUT! LOL

The boys? Well, they are house trained.
They do ALL of the housework and chores without being asked.
They bring us breakfast in bed every morning after walking 3 miles in the snow to do the shopping.
They are angels and behave well at all times.
They eat all their fruit and veg and never complain about anything.
They never fight or shout or moan or make noise when I'm busy!!
They don't leave Bl**dy Toys EVERYWHERE!!! Despite being asked nicely a MILLION TIMES to put them away!!!!!
They always remember that there is a time limit on how much TV/Computer time they get, and they come off on time WITHOUT BEING TOLD TEN TIMES!!!! - honest! [/sarcasm]

They're only for sale because.... because.... erm... my house is... shrinking with all this bad weather that's been going on! That's it... It's shrinking! and the poor wee lambs need more room!
No?

Ach, truth be told, ah'm jist a grumpy auld git!
The boys are pretty good really. (We get compliments all the time about how polite and well behaved they are - they obviously get that frae me!! LOL)

Re: The band - Yes I do play a version of "Loch Lomond", but we usually only do a mash-up of that and "Auld Lang Syne" for New Years shows, so I haven't really got a recording of it anywhere. (Our version is just acoustic guitars and singing, so it doesn't really compare with the BIG production on the Runrig version!)

@Night - Loved the latest story entries! Well done you!

Big G (G for grumpy!)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

'A' drink? No. A few drinks? Yes.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Ask and ye shall receive:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words. This land of Accasia has been such a blessing to me!!!
a reply to: SyxPak
Thanks Mike. Guess I learned to wait…..no I didn’t. LMAO I never learn.
a reply to: Skid Mark
My apologies! I didn’t give a proper welcome. Welcome to The Shed. Seeing as how I was such a poor host I will make an extra batch of Hot Cocoa with some Iris Whisky to make up for it!

I’m afraid that I have to blame the mixup 100% on me. I didn’t wait for the Dr to call with the results. Since I work here I can log in and pull my own results. When I logged in the report was still in draft status but I figured that he was done and just waiting for it to be transcribed. I guess he really wasn’t done and had just taken a break. So the mixup on reports is all on me.
I’ve been trying to get my cats to dance like that too. So far no luck. LOL *That wolf pic is beautiful!!! The power of nature!!!*
Your post about August troubled childhood cracked me up. Strangely I can picture him as a child with his mommy ready nighttime stories by Stephen King. I can see where a nightly ready of IT could causes some problems.

a reply to: crappiekat
Thank you so very much! I hope you had a good night sleep! I am very lucky with my family support. Due to my “special adoption” family I have plenty of family here around me.

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Thanks sweetie! I love your story idea. It would be cute to have you sneaking around in the story! LOL I really need to get an entry in soon!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
That looks amazing. My only problem with you is I have no idea what I’m eating. It is like being a dinner guest of Hannibal Lector.

I am so behind I will end up with a book! I hope everyone is doing great.
Night - Is bug still having computer issues? I LOVE the new story entries!!!!
Where has Jacey gotten herself off to?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
That looks amazing. My only problem with you is I have no idea what I’m eating. It is like being a dinner guest of Hannibal Lector.

Bacon wrapped filet with foie gras butter, garlic/leek mashed potatoes and bourbon-glazed carrots.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Happy Friday!

I'm off to mysterious Island...

Bye...

BigG

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Have fun!! We expect pictures! !

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good Morning Shedders!
Hope You ALL enjoy Your Friday!!

Night cool Story Entries!!!

Syx...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You are Welcome Jess!
Sorry. I missed Your reply...
Hope Your today is Good!!!

Syx...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Augustus, that meal looks wonderful!

Martin, I would imagine that yes, Bug must still be having problems with her computer. The last PM I got, she asked me to play her character until she is able to return.

As for Jacy, she is probably stuck in the real world again. Miss you Jacy!

Gordi, always off on some adventure with the family. I want to see pics too!!!! You always make me laugh or at the very least smile.

Hi Syx, you are due for a story entry too!

Thanks to those of you who enjoyed my last entries. Sometimes thing pop into my head quickly and I write them, then I sit here thinking...ok, now what? I'll have the page open, open a new tab for youtube for some inspiring music and then start writing again. Then I go back and change a sentence or two or add something and sit there again thinking ok, now what? LOL I'm trying to make it so there aren't so many pages in between story entries. Plus, I find it therapeutic. It takes me to another time and place and away from the real world for a bit.

Looks like a blizzard out there! I don't know how much snow we got. Supposed to go out to Brent's birthday party tomorrow that was already delayed by a week. He turned one! Cutest boy ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join