It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You Night, it brought tears to my eyes. (why do we say that? Where else would tears be)
She has your face, can I use her?

I want to do something, to be engaged but I don't know how.
On our walk two days ago I found urine markings with blood stain, that indicates anti-freeze poisoning. It infuriated me. It is in a 1400 hundred acre refuge, with no humans in sight. Who does something like that?

I wish I could remember who made the pic for me, it is Night Star, or a version of her. You may use the pic in posts, but as an avatar, we'd be twins and that might be awkward. LOL

I see you have a link with info to help. I didn't go to see what was written, but I'm sure it must be good advice. I always look online for info on how to care for birds or other animals that need my help and I have rescued. Good luck little birdie! I love birds and animals!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sorry I missed you girls earlier and you too Chooch. I hope you don't mind me calling you that Gimme, I think it's cute because you're into trains.

Jacy, your moon sounds lovely. Sorry about your back though.

I had to go to sort through some stuff at Mom's. Threw some things out and started with the pictures again. OMG, hundreds! Next time, I'm going to find a box and put them all in there. There are draws filled and I'm trying to empty all the draws. Remember the kerchiefs women worn on their heads way back in the day? I found one. LOL And aprons? Found a couple of those too. I threw out all the plastic doilies and bureau scarfs. LOL Saved the old linen, lace and embroidered ones. I already took the best ones and no one seems interested in the others yet. Finally have all the framed pics in one section, all the pocketbooks bagged up in another area. Little by little.

I should start going through more of my own things seeing it is highly likely we will be moving later this year. I'll see if I can find some pretty storage boxes at the store if I get out on Tuesday. I have soooooo many awesome things, it's hard to part with. I have been giving away a lot of things but not nearly enough.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Jacy Thank you, Yeah I just had to bring him in.
I had a crow once that I rescued. If they eat a mouse that has taken poison it will paralyze their wings, for several weeks.
Off course my little Chipping Sparrow didn't eat a mouse. Say a prayer for him.
I know it is silly.
Yes the moon is deliriously fabulous. The snow is almost florescent.
If the moon crashes with us we will enter another realm. Hugs.
You have back problems, that sucks, actually any type of pain is obnoxious. Who came up with pain any way?

Kittie Thanks for the link. Do you have a good snack in mind for a cold winter evening?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

what abeautiful dog.

I hear in Glengary they have 40+ inches. LOL!!!

Sorry if am being silly, but in the area I am now, that is child"s play.

I really get anxious when the snow up here starts to go over 12". They want no one on the road, so they just don't plow.

I lost a job last year because of that.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

She has your face, can I use her?
You may use the pic in posts, but as an avatar, we'd be twins and that might be awkward. LOL

Yah that would be odd.
So I will just save it as a keep sake. All though I did jump on the option of using it as an avatar when I wanted to make a statement.

You are an honest lovely being.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

OMG, Don't ya love going thru those things. Ya can really see how someone really lived.

Take a brake. This one is on me. LOL!!! I am home on a Saturday nite. LOL!!

I had to get rid of alot of things when I moved. It can be really life changing if you take as it should be.....

Letting go of the past, and moving into the future.

You need a bacon shot. It is what it is.

Please don't worry, Just roll with it. (easier said than done, I know) Just try.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know how it is though it is no consolation to you. I packed up my parents house almost thirty years ago.
I hear your pain, and I feel the anguish you have. To make a choice was so painful, I ended up with one box. One.
I couldn't handle taking responsibility of a life time of memories.
I pray you have the space and energy to make choices you won't regret.

Edit.
Perhaps I should be more light hearted, but then I would rebuke my experience as a midwife in life and death. Many times I have been with those who where giving life and ending life. And it was never "light hearted" but heartfelt, full of insight and courage.

edit on 23-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Fuddle Muffin

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
1st time texting from a smart phone. I can't say I like.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wis, I have rescued so many animals over the years. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? Though it breaks your heart when one doesn't make it. Last summer I had a juvenile chimney sweep fall right through the chimney pipe and onto my kitchen floor. At first I thought it was a bat. LOL That poor little thing was terrified at first. Sadly he didn't make it. I will certainly pray for your sweet little bird!

Kat, I agree, Martin's dog is beautiful!!!! Now stop posting food! Wis, don't encourage her. LOL

Wis, I love the avatar you have right now. You've had many great ones! You remind me of Syx though with all the changes. Sometimes I think we have a new member popping in and ...oh it's so and so. LOL

Kat, yes, it has been amazing going through all the pics and things. Soooo much history there! There were a few things I would have loved to have, but don't have the room for them. And if our next place is smaller, good Lord, no. I have some wonderful items though that I shall treasure. Now those bacon shots...is there really such a thing or is that a joke thing? Hey, I'll try one, what the hell. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just chill Night>

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy and don't worry. It will all work itself out.

Karma is a bitch.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
I know how it is though it is no consolation to you. I packed up my parents house almost thirty years ago.
I hear your pain, and I feel the anguish you have. To make a choice was so painful, I ended up with one box. One.
I couldn't handle taking responsibility of a life time of memories.
I pray you have the space and energy to make choices you won't regret.

Edit.
Perhaps I should be more light hearted, but then I would rebuke my experience as a midwife in life and death. Many times I have been with those who where giving life and ending life. And it was never "light hearted" but heartfelt, full of insight and courage.

Wow, how tragic to have witnessed the loss of those lives as a midwife.

Thanks for your compassion and understanding and being able to relate. Some of the things I wanted I asked my Sister if she would take them and keep them in the family. Also had my Brothers and Nieces and Nephews and my only remaining Aunt and a couple of cousins take things. It is nice knowing the items are still in the family and whatever is left hopefully will give joy to whoever gets them. I chose many things and am very happy with my choices. Still might bring in a few more small items.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
1st time texting from a smart phone. I can't say I like.

Dawg!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Just chill Night>

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy and don't worry. It will all work itself out.

Karma is a bitch.

Thanks for the vid

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A day or so after Winter Storm Jonas packed up and headed for Boston after dumping nearly two feet in some areas of West Virginia. Those guys at CSX decided to run a couple of trains through the snow by my house earlier this evening. I believe that these were first two of about four that came through here since Friday morning.

originally posted by: Night Star
Sorry I missed you girls earlier and you too Chooch. I hope you don't mind me calling you that Gimme, I think it's cute because you're into trains.

I don't mind being called that one bit love!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Still trying to learn this thing. Life has been too hectic lately.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the pics and vids Chooch!

Dawg, you'll learn it soon enough. It's just so good to see you 'home' again!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Morning Shed clan!

Please keep the noise down... I was out last night for an early "Burns" night meal & drinkies with friends... and I now have the hangover from somewhere south of hell!

GUNNER IS GORGEOUS!

That is all, carry on...

shh!
BigG

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Great pics Gimme !

Cooled me off big time !

You really did capture the ambiance with that last pic ... nice, I can smell diesel !

ED: Got the chance to see the beautifil Grand Canyon Express - steaming out of Henderson ...

We still have a few active steam trains here in Oz. and what a spectacle they are !

Especially on a cold winter's morn, with frost on the ground ... and the steady chugga chugga type sounds ( you can surely provide a worthy substitute !) of a huge metal juggernaught;
Exhaling its frosty looking steam into the morning cold.
Falling to the ground as if in servitude to the Iron Horse ...

* add sound of the Mad Max B-Double Horn ...

edit on 24-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Shouts GOOD MORNING GORDI!

Throws a snowball at Timely. Catch!

Good Morning/Afternoon to one and all! Didn't take my pain meds yesterday and man, am I ever sorry. OW! Bet your boots, I took one this morning!

Took some shrimp and scallops out of the freezer last night. Think I'll mix them up with buttered Ritz crackers and some parsley later.

Have a good one and stay warm except for Timely, stay cool!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Sorry to butt in!
That is really cool!

I took my kids to a model train exhibit and before we knew it we were there for a couple of hours!

I was wondering if living in those houses (which appear to be VERY close to the tracks) would be like living in a perpetual earthquake zone?

I lived very close to the tracks in Cocoa FL. and it wasn't too bad although I certainly wasn't THAT close!

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join