It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 3

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:56 PM
Hi Jacy, Wis, foss and whoever is lurking around!

For Wis...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night,

Love that pic.

Watcha doing?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
a reply to: fossilera

Nothing better than watching winter from inside a warm home with a hot chocolate in hand!

a reply to: crappiekat

Thanks Kat, I hope we get some snow here soon, all we seem to have gotten this winter is frost up to now. That picture is great, looks so cozy and warm, unfortunately I've never even had a candycane before

Thanks Nightstar, hope you're well! I gotta keep that willpower in check with kats pics, I can almost feel a gain just looking at them

Those pics are lovely Nightstar, thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
My story entry continued form page 212

Night missed her big beautiful dragon friend. "I still communicate with him telepathically. He is well and watching over us." The sun was brightly reflecting off the glistening snow as they made their way forward.

Night sensed something within her, something that had been missing for some time or rather...someone. That voice, that amazing accent, that enchanting smile and handsome face. it could only be one person and one person only, Gordi her dear old friend. He was at the Shed and searching. Oh how far she had come since they all first arrived. So much had happened, so much loss and devastation in the great war, so much courage and strength, love, honor and loyalty from so many beings and magical creatures of the land. She didn't know if she could contact him telepathically, but her heart yearned for him to know that she and her group were safe for now. He would enjoy her companions, of that she was certain. And Sporky, ah the brilliantly shining beast the last of his kind or so she imagined. He was riding atop the creature proud and free above the trees and landscape beneath.

She wondered of the others from the shed. She had encountered some of them while exploring the land, but others remained to be seen. Once in a while she would try to get a glimpse, a hint of where they might be and what they were doing, but it was like a shadow had fallen across her senses and she knew not of what had become of them.

Pesky fought her way out of the long silken hair beneath Night's hood and flew onto her shoulder. "Why is everything so quiet? Why are there no animals or other beings about? Isn't that a bad thing? Shouldn't there be squirrels scurrying about, birds flying around? Something?" Her words tumbled out in quick succession as they usually did. Garren stopped and looked at Night. "She's right you know. These lands are usually filled with animals and beings of one kind or another." A gust of wind almost blew the little pixie off of the elf's shoulder. Her wings fluttered, ready for flight so she would not fall. Night sighed. "Just keep walking and be quiet. Don't think for a moment I haven't noticed. Whatever or whoever it is, they haven't threatened us yet and they could have. Maybe something is going on that has nothing to do with us. Now move along."

edit on 22-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:48 PM
Oh Hi Ladies! Sorry, felt like writing.

Kat, someone in here made it for me, I didn't know if it was you or Bug or Wis or...LOL Anyway, I loved it too!

Glad you liked the pic Valient!

If Anyone replies and I disappear for a bit, I'm either poking around the forums, doing things around the house or looking after one of my pets. Cleaned the turtle tank a little while ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:54 AM

Hope all are well and not too snowed in ... hot chocolate with marshmallows seems to be the order of the day for our
US friends suffering the big freeze !

Cold beers for me - temps ranging into the high 30's to 41c.( 104 f.)

I'd much rather be cosied up to an open fire - even if I did have to chop the wood !

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:25 AM

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:05 AM
a reply to: Martin75

Sorry...I had to! lol

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
Went out and took some measurements both last night and this morning.

Took this around midnight or so last night.

This morning.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
a reply to: gimmefootball400

We are at 15 and it is STILL coming down!! I will try to upload some pics.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM

Mom's dog Gunner

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
Love all the pics! Been snowing all day and night and still snowing.

Man Timely, it's way too hot where you are. Think I'd rather have all the snow.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM

originally posted by: Martin75

My Sister had that pic on her facebook today. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
Before I do any thing else I have to share this.

I have a very large flock of Chipping Sparrows this year, which is rather unusual because they migrate, and they are terribly cute.
So this morning I noticed a little fellar barely moving on the ground he didn't retreat with the other birds so I thought I'd give him a few hours to see if the sun would get him going.
He was feeding but not flying.

I proceeded with my errands, tried to find a small bird cage, just in case, but settled with a fancy minnow tub. Yes a minnow tub. Like the Rockefeller version.
He was still there after two hours, so I went about catching the wee thing, man could he hop, fast. I ended up, face down in the snow with my hands cupped gently around him, praying he wouldn't go into cardiac arrest.
He is eating and I hope he survives till tomorrow when I will find a proper cage for him.
Any advice?
I couldn't leave him out there, sorry.
edit on 23-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: fiddles

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:23 PM

Thank You Night, it brought tears to my eyes. (why do we say that? Where else would tears be)
She has your face, can I use her?

I want to do something, to be engaged but I don't know how.
On our walk two days ago I found urine markings with blood stain, that indicates anti-freeze poisoning. It infuriated me. It is in a 1400 hundred acre refuge, with no humans in sight. Who does something like that?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey crappie! You beat me to it, lol...I was just going to put in a link for WIS too!

WalkInSilence...Hunny, don't say "sorry"! You're so wonderful to care for the bird! I'm pretty sure most/all of us here in Shed-land are the same. We love critters.

The moon tonight is huge...looks like that damn planet Melancholia (also the movie title) coming to crash into Earth. My back's out, and I keep hobbling over to the window to see how big it's getting, lol. Paranoid much?

Sorry about the 'snow joke' by the way! It's still coming down and I feel bad.
I know my day is coming...any day now I will also wake up to apocalypto-snowstorm. That's a given.

*warm squishy hugs* to all my snow-bound Family!
jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hello Gimme, nice to meat you. I am new to The Shed and just like to say Hello to the Old Timers when they pop in.
Do you have a character in the story? Your trains are intriguing do you travel around the country to count and document?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
Sorry, this was in response to a strange post that was above and is removed now.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>