It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 3

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:47 PM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Huge hug for you! I knew you wouldn't abandon the story and your Shed friends! Great entry!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I love wolves!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
Anyone else tired of the cold and snow yet?

Fortunately, I got myself a new present for paying off my loans - I found my keeper violin
. Pictures will be coming once the violin is out of the shop (it's got some things that need to be done to it). My instructor helped me find it, and what I like most about the violin is that it's larger than a traditional one; the tone is a lot more dark (which is okay, because lately I've been only playing sad songs).

I'm already looking forward to the weekend - It's been a long week.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:04 PM
a reply to: fossilera

I don't mind some cold, only when it's really, really cold and windy on top of that. It's just that Winters are so long, grey and dreary and lifeless.

Oh foss, I can't wait to see your new violin! It must be a good one if your instructor helped pick it out. As for that darker tone, sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
My Nephew's lovely wife came over to Mom's apartment earlier today to get a couple of things and when she left, I poked around and cleaned up a bit. I brought up a beautiful framed wedding pic of my Parents. There are many. So young and such a gorgeous couple. A beautiful young woman and her Navy man. Such a profound and lasting love that they shared. I also brought up a piece of embroidered linen that was made by one of my Grandmothers. Then I found an antique green plate that had like a lacy design throughout the glass. Very beautiful. Every time I go down there with someone, more possessions leave the house. Little by little. Going, going. So overwhelming how many beautiful memories were made there.

My Niece (Nephew's Wife) and I talked for a while. She is still struggling with the loss of her Father who passed not long after my Mom. She spoke of how it's still hard to believe that he is gone, that things aren't the same and are so different now. I know how she feels, so it was good that we could talk and share our feelings.

Just weird that every time I leave Mom's place, It's like saying goodbye over and over again. Goodbye to Mom, to Dad, to all our beautiful family gatherings and memories throughout the years. Seeing she is gone and her things leaving the house. It's almost as though, as long as some of her possessions are still there, a part of her is still there as well. When everything is gone, I will have all the items I picked out of hers and Dad's and they will be here with me in my home and they, two beautiful souls, my Parents will remain in my heart forever.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:39 AM
Up late again and a new day has begun. Good morning to one and all! I guess I should go to sleep now. Wanders off to a cozy room and curls up on the bed with the cat. Sweet Dreams if anyone else is about to do the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:18 AM
OK everyone. This as close as I can do for live streaming of the snowstorm.
Our Dept of Highway Website

Uncheck everything but cameras. The one of the southern cameras kinda, Athens, is my interstate exit. It is about 5-8 miles from my house.

Here is our local news. They have some webcams. I am closer to Pipestem but that camera seems down. I work in Princeton, only about a 10-15 minute drive.
edit on 1/22/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
a reply to: Martin75

Guess I need to turn on the Charleston and the Turnpike cameras and start listening to Kanawha County Sheriff, Fire, EMS and Municipal Cities, WV State Police

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Yeah it really started around 530-6 this morning and hasn't let up since!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
Hi Martin and Gimme! We should be getting snow on Saturday.

A friend of my Brother's might be interested in buying the house and is coming late this afternoon sometime. If I have to move, I'll shoot myself. Ok, I won't shoot myself, but I'm not a happy camper right now. You'd think that at my age I could just be settled and not have to keep worrying about things, but I guess life isn't like that. You can be going along and everything is fine and wonderful and then Wham! Something will come along to screw things up. Always! I apologize for ranting. Just so sick of being forced into situations that either I have no control over, or very little.

Mark is going to be a royal pain. He wants a car and doesn't want to depend on anyone for rides to Doctors or anything, but with the increased rent, no matter where we go, that isn't possible right now. He'll literally stop going to the doctors even though I told him my Sister and a couple of friends would be more than willing to take him. Right now he depends on a Brother who will be moving away to Florida soon.

He will insist on continuing to pay rent to store a sports car he has had for many, many years that he can't even drive because it needs so much work and he still won't have the money to fix it. It is a show car and he could get a lot for it as it is, looks amazing, just needs more work to getting it running. His priorities were always about him and he will do stupid things to get what he wants, like go without doctor visits and meds if he has to. My priorities were necessities first for both of us. My life is such a friggin soap opera, I swear!

We really need a rolling eyes emoticon in here.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry night!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
This is what it looks like by my house right now. Five inches on the ground and still coming down in bucket loads.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM

Hey gimme! and Family!!

Wow, that's WAY more snow than we have here right now! *knocks on wood*
Usually we're up to our butts, but I'm sure it's still coming.

Take care! Stay safe! (Anyone who's in storm mode right now) I feel your pain.

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
a reply to: Martin75

Thanks Dear I was really hung up yesterday and today too just popping in.
Shhh don't tell any one
, but I don't know how too copy the link

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM

a reply to: Night Star
Thank You.
When we as humans have managed to eradicate all the predators on earth and we have become the supreme top dog, we are in trouble.
All our predacious brothers and sisters serve a unique purpose as teachers and co-workers in this dance of life and death.

In Alaska there were problems with the Caribou many years ago they were dying off and the scientist and the community assumed it was due to wolf predation.
It turned out they were infested with a parasite. And the Wolves hunted the ill specimens and actually assisted in keeping the illness at bay.

Off I go, only a few minutes to read.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:42 PM

Snow covered places always look beautiful to me!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:06 PM
This is what WIS is upset about.

If you are interested in the battle to save the Wolf, you will enjoy this read.
For information on our State of Wisconsin, you have to scroll down the page and look for Wisconsin.

I want to say, that I am one who likes wolves. I have a whole room in my home just for Wolf painting, pic, sculptures ect....
But When you deal with them in the real world, They are a predator, and in some case's can be very dangerous if our path's cross.

I have stories, but I won't get into those.

edit on 22-1-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
a reply to: valiant

They look beautiful to me as well...When I'm staying home, with a warm pot of cider on the stove and don't have to go anywhere

I'm already thinking about my cocoon of blankets for tonight.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM

Hi valiant. Welcome.

Those pic's are cool.

Where I am right now, we have about 6" of the white stuff.

Snow up here can be a blessing and a bad thing at the same time. LOL!!!!!

Please stay safe.

Here's something to keep you warm.

I hope you like candycanes. We have so many left after the holidays.

edit on 22-1-2016 by crappiekat because: to add. Getting forgetful

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM

So nice to see you! Welcome, put your feet up and let Kat make you fat. Every time she posts something yummy, I take off trying to find something good to eat. LOL

Here's some snow for you...

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>