It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
...Gordi, are you and Sporky going to come back into the story?

Uhm, can I plead the 5th? LOL

BigG

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
*Appears from the shadows*

Sorry I haven't been posting on here much lately!! I just haven't had the time to do it as something called life is going on. So to get everyone caught up to speed as to how things are going. They are going along just fine right now and I'm doing well myself. I've been keeping myself busy as well with Youtube and what not. Got to see my first train with mid-train helpers come through here yesterday.

Head end.

Mid train helpers.

Yes it did snow yesterday and no it wasn't part of Winter Storm Jonas....... that is set to hit here tomorrow and into Saturday.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Gimme! So nice to see you! How much snow are you supposed to be getting? I slid home through the mess yesterday. It was only about 3-4 inches but was a wet slippery snow. We are just stocking up and waiting on tomorrow. It is supposed to start here around 5am. I'm hoping it hits early enough that I can work from home and not have to go out in the mess.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

We only got about 1 - 3 inches of snow up here yesterday and it still caused headaches. This mess is supposed to hit up here sometime between 8 and 9 in the morning here around Charleston. We are called for 12 - 18 inches of snow here just between Kanawha and Cabell counties alone. I plan on NOT going out in this upcoming mess for a few days. I am already stocked up and ready to go for the next few days!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There you are.

Happy New Year gimme.

Glad to hear you are well. I thought maybe you hopped on one of your trains traveled to a far land. LOL!!!

Now explain to me please, what is a Mid train helper?

Sit down and have abite to eat and tell of your travels.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hey All!!
Jessie I did see that Polar Bear snowflake fart pic!
Very Funny! I had meant to comment on it but had a bout of Farts Myself!! Brain Farts that is!!! LMAO!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Gimme Bud it's good to see You again!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Chooch, is that really you???? Hi Gimme! I too thought that you took off on one of your trains on some journey somewhere too!

Gordi, no story entries? I know you are a good writer. You can write in your own adventure if you don't care for the current story line. The Shed/Accasia is endless with many interesting areas to play in. Just think about it. K?

Martin, looks like I'll be getting some snow myself on Saturday. You didn't have to share you know. I was content with the very little we already had. LOL

There goes Kat with her yummy food picks making me want to eat all the time. I could blame myself for eating too much, but it's easier to blame you. LOL

Waves at Syx!

OH...good news everyone! Our search party has found Bugwhisperer. Anyway, computer problems for her. She has asked me to play her character Aria the ghostly winged elf for a while and I have agreed. Relieved that she is ok. Relieved to see Gimme is ok too and Syx and CC are ok. I guess our little search party has done well finding our little magical family members. Now where is Pheonix our mighty Wolf Lord hiding? Anyone seen any wolf eyes peering in the window lately?

I know others are caught up in that damned real life thing and all, so hopefully they will pop in when they can. Much love to you all. Oh and lurkers...this is not a private party. Show yourselves! Um...please?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Story Cont'd from page 211

Pesky whispered to Night Star, do you hear it? Syx's message about the ships?"
"He is brave, strong and wise and he has his dragon companions to help deal with whatever is going on there. I have full confidence in his abilities." They walked out into the cold windy morning to a scene of breath taking beauty. Snow covered the tall trees and the earth all around them.

The ghostly winged elf was the last to leave the dimly lit cave. "What do I do now? Everyone is trying to help me in any way that they can and now they are splitting up." Her heart felt heavy. She had been so lost and lonely for so long and now she found these kind and gentle souls who were willing to risk their lives for a complete stranger. It spoke volumes of each of these beings. "Who do I follow? Which way do I go? My magic is so limited in this form. Perhaps I could flit back and forth between the groups." She hesitated as everyone else left the cave and then decided to follow Night first. Although Night wasn't an elf with wings, she was still an elf like her and somehow that comforted her. Pesky, though very small was a winged being and she was always close to pixies and faeries and their kind. And Hugo too was a winged being. For the time being, her mind was made up.

She watched the others slowly walk off in search of the necklace as a few tears escaped the corners of her eyes. They would be missed, but she knew in her heart that they would all be together again one day, hopefully celebrating in great victory. Aria flew off to join Night and her friends.

As Night trudged through the fallen snow, she caught a glimpse of Aria riding on Hugo's back and smiled. Hugo spread his rainbow wings and took to the air. Aria was tired and Hugo sensed as much. He needed to stretch his wings, to feel the wind through his fur and feel the ultimate freedom of flight and he knew the ghostly elf would enjoy the ride.

Garren the forest boy was happy that he chose to go on this adventure. He had always loved adventures and knew much of the layout of the land and its beings and creatures. He also lead the way toward the secret library as he had a good idea where that would be. "Night, what ever happened to the two remaining wizards?" Night stopped for a moment. "They must have remained behind to heal the wounded in the battle. "And Storm? Where has he gone off to?" Asked the boy. Night missed her big beautiful dragon friend. "I still communicate with him telepathically. He is well and watching over us." The sun was brightly reflecting off the glistening snow as they made their way forward.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Down here in Mercer they have us at 18-24 inches. Last night I made it all the way home and then slid right past my driveway. Paul was standing in the door laughing at me. Said I forgot where I lived. I had to backup

a reply to: crappiekat
See the engine in the middle? Sometime the coal cars get so heavy that one engine could never pull them. They stack the engines in the middle of the trains to help with the load.

a reply to: SyxPak
Brain farts is something I know way too much about. HAHAHA I blame it on the good times of my youth.

a reply to: Night Star
You didn’t want snow? Oh so sorry I misunderstood. With all this pretty white stuff I just couldn’t keep it all to myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

A mid train helper is just that. It's a single locomotive or a pair of locomotives that spliced into a train halfway through a consist. That one from yesterday was one of those. Where it was a 220 car loaded coal train. They put two engines up front followed by the first 110 cars and then two more engines followed by the last 110 cars. These locomotives are all controlled by the engineer of the lead locomotive.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thanks.

Hey gimme, what is the longest train you have ever witnessed?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Longest one I've ever seen................ I'd say close to 13,000 feet or so length wise. I've seen some trains along Norfolk Southern between Portsmouth, Ohio and Williamson, WV that have easily been close to 250 cars.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Gordi woke with a start, like something was wrong... very wrong.
The shed was quiet, no voices from the kitchen, no smoke from the fire.
He sat for a moment, gathered his thoughts, then cried out: "Hullo rerr! Is naebody hame?"

Silence.
Deep, Dark, Cold, Silence.

"Umm, where ur they aw then?" he pondered.
He fixed breakfast and coffee, then went to the back door to see if Sporky was OK.

The morning sun was just rising above the trees, and Sporky's magnificent shiny scales gleamed and sparkled like never before. "We need to seek out our friends" Gordi teased... "the shed is cold and something is just... not right!"
Sporky snorted a huge smoke ring then bit through it, shaking his head as he did so, making a cloud of distended smoke trails which looked like a Lions Mane!
Gordi smiled, then climbed on Sporkys back.. "We have work to do ma pal! an' ah'll bet that our friends need us noo, mair than ever before!"
With that, Sporky soared into the air, and the shed-mates darted off into the morning glour in search of their friends.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just love all the new additions to the story.

Keep em coming.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thank You I needed that.
I was so nervous because I hadn't written in a long time and people here do such a good job and put so much effort into their writing.
So thanks.

Oh sorry every one my new avatar is just expressing my rage until I calm down after they took the wolf off the endangered species list in four states. Humans just can't handle not being top predator. Hrmf

edit on 21-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Ach

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I found where you can make your own Falkor!! I'm not very crafty but maybe you are?

Etsy pattern for Falkkor

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ahh thank you, that is so cute, I need all the feel good stuff around here I can get.
I am so angry and disappointed about the wolf thing. And I don't know how to link other wise I would start a thread in fragile earth.
Poop

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Practice linking with me.
1. Copy the link.
2. While replying click the button above that is a box with an arrow coming out of it.
3. The first box you enter the text you want to show up. Like the story name.
4. Click in the second box (if will come up after you click OK to the first box.) Remove the type that is there. Paste the link you copied.

Viola.

edit on 1/21/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh how horrible!!!! I just read the edit you added above!

new topics

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join