It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You lucky girl! He must have been sooooo beautiful!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A forest faery squatted on a mossy hill, wings spread wide and long black hair blowing in the warm breeze. The Winter could not touch this place as it was the home of the Summer faeries. Trees and grass were a vivid green and there were flowers of every color imaginable, every shape and size. The trees had whispered of high strangeness in the realm. Slowly the faery stood and then flew to a top branch overlooking the valley below. All was quiet except for the insects and bird songs and rushing of the cool river below. Whatever it was that was going on, it didn't affect her or her kind. Spreading her wings again, she flew into the warm air and beautiful blue sky above.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...GordiTwo canoes, that is wonderful, are your venturing out on lakes or the ocean?
Or will you just make a fancy simulated test hanging them in the trees?

We will be keeping them at our Holiday home (where the Gathering took place). It's by the Sea (where the Seal sneezed!!) but it's quite sheltered as it nestles between the mainland and other bigger Islands!
Lots of nice shallow sandy bays to explore, and there are a few small Islands to visit for picnics too! LOL

PS - @Everyone
Re: The Story...
Why not just "quote" a couple of lines from the previous entry to set the context if required?
(Like I've done above in this response to a larger post from WIS.)
You just hit "QUOTE" on the post you want to quote from, and then CUT or DELETE any parts that don't need to be repeated in your next entry. I always use dots ... to signify that I've cut bits out.)

kindest regards,
BigG
edit on 20-1-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add clarification!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Gordi, my memory is so bad lately it's scary! Didn't Syx do that with his last story entry? Either that or left the page number of his last entry and then put his new post in? I remember thinking something was a great idea. LOL Watch, I'll forget again.
Hmmmm, I'll try to keep on my toes. I'm still going to start writing down pages. It's like grocery shopping, if you don't write it down, you forget everything you need. With my luck, I'll lose the paper where I write it down. LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi all!
Night I copied the last paragraph of the previous story entry of mine and put down the page number of it...
I thought all that would be helpful..
Oh. CC and I enjoyed the phone Call last night! Loved Your East Coast accent!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Story Entry Pg 162
And suddenly Martin’s ears are filled with so much sound it hurts. Light comes flooding into her eyes so that she cries, catching herself just in time. She turns around to the group and realizes that no one heard anything or even seemed to have noticed. How strange.
“Um, excuse me.” Martin said, trying to get everyone’s attention. “I was just given a message…..

Drego began gathering up all of their belongings and packing everything up. “I still don’t understand why you have super human strength and I am the one who ends up doing all the work.” Grumble grumble grumble. Drego goes about his work grumbling and mumbling under his breath the whole time.
“Oh hush, Drego. You just like to moan. Last time I tried to pack you unpacked everything because I didn’t do it right anyway.”
“We need to go and find that necklace The Voice spoke of before the Evil Sorceress finds it. I’m not sure if it would be better to send out a large search party, since there is safety in numbers; or if we should split into smaller groups to cover more ground.” Drego mulled as he finished packing.
“We need to be very cautious.” Syx and his dragons saw a large number of ships moving in the last time they took flight. “And I’m pretty sure that Night has also been warned.”

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OK guys. I don't think I'm going anywhere for a bit. They are now calling for 2-4 feet of snow this weekend!!!

* ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 3 INCHES WITH LOCALLY 4 INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG THE HIGHER RIDGES THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. 12 TO 24 INCHES OF SNOW AND UP TO ONE QUARTER INCH OF ICE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT.

* TIMING... SNOWFALL THIS AFTERNOON... AND DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE. SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BEGINNING LATE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING.

Anyone wanna go skiing?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Jessie! Loving the new story entries from You guys!
If You do go anywhere be careful of the freezing rain and ice buildups!
We just got about an inch of new snow overnight here. So far have been very lucky as far as heavy ice storms and the like....

Foss Bro! I will take You up on that Beer! I am wanting to do a small get together with some of You Guys this Summer!?
Maybe We can find a Central location that would be fairly equal distance for All!,?
Just a thought for now...
edit on 20-1-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Syx - A page or 2 back I posted a polar bear for CC. Snowflake farts. HAHAHA
So glad to have you stopping back in

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Hi all!
Night I copied the last paragraph of the previous story entry of mine and put down the page number of it...
I thought all that would be helpful..
Oh. CC and I enjoyed the phone Call last night! Loved Your East Coast accent!

It was so great talking to you!!!!! I liked your accent too. It was fun and interesting!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
From last story entry this page above.

“We need to go and find that necklace The Voice spoke of before the Evil Sorceress finds it. I’m not sure if it would be better to send out a large search party, since there is safety in numbers; or if we should split into smaller groups to cover more ground.” Drego mulled as he finished packing.
“We need to be very cautious.” Syx and his dragons saw a large number of ships moving in the last time they took flight. “And I’m pretty sure that Night has also been warned."

Night Star gazed around the room at her new companions. "it has been an honor to meet you and we are all in favor of trying to save Aria, our ghostly winged elf, but I feel it would be safer to travel separately. I have Sky here, my precious little dragon baby and being such a rare and powerful creature, there might be more trouble for you if you came along. We just ended a tragic and mighty battle against those who wished to take him and now with the witch in search of our ghostly friend here..." She hesitated a moment. "I just don't wish to burden you with more danger. I wish you luck in your search for the necklace. I will try to find the secret library in hopes of finding an ancient scroll that might help reverse the spell. If you should need us, the trees can communicate throughout the land, we will get the message if you send one."

The group shared sad smiles and gathered their belongings, what little they had. The elderly man who had invited everyone into his cave home wished everyone a good and safe journey. Hugo, the rainbow winged black wildcat was the first to lead the way out, followed by Wolf then Garren the forest boy. Pesky the pixie hid in Night Star's hair beneath her hooded cloak, safe and warm. Sky burped up a bit of smoke and snuggled into his pouch against Night's body. Pesky whispered to Night Star, do you hear it? Syx's message about the ships?"

"He is brave, strong and wise and he has his dragon companions to help deal with whatever is going on there. I have full confidence in his abilities." They walked out into the cold windy morning to a scene of breath taking beauty. Snow covered the tall trees and the earth all around them.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Night I loved it!!! I am sooo excited to see our story moving once again!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Re: The Story...
Why not just "quote" a couple of lines from the previous entry to set the context if required?
You just hit "QUOTE" on the post you want to quote from, and then CUT or DELETE any parts that don't need to be repeated in your next entry. I always use dots ... to signify that I've cut bits out.)
kindest regards,
BigG

Hon I get that, but my noodle brain can't find them if it is a few weeks back. I wish there was a way one could tag a post. Perhaps I could copy it.
I just can't find the darn critter.

Is that the Atlantic or Her Highness, The North Sea?
edit on 20-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: I'm an illitarate tech imbecille

edit on 20-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Bah Humbug

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Martin, I'm excited that the story is moving too. I hope I can be creative enough to keep coming up with things to write. LOL

Wis, we all wait so long between story entries, it does make it hard to find our last entries.

Gordi, are you and Sporky going to come back into the story?

Feeling really tired today. Might poke around the site a bit and then go watch some Star Trek.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Ok here I go. I have been given permission to use regular text, since my writing would be incomprehensible without spell check. This is from p. 211
Story

"I can't see!!" "I am blind and cold and thank the Great Bird above, no one can see me, my feathers are all out of place"
The tiny Wren ruffled his feathers and tried to orient himself "She did it again, stupid Human, getting me into trouble, here I am in the middle of God knows where, when I just moments ago was sitting peacefully having a fly"
"Where is she?"
He listened carefully to what seemed like an empty vast space, water dripped some where.
"Well at least we have water" He listened and heard a faint sound like a breeze and then a distinct snore.
Sleeping, he thought, of course she is sleeping all ways leaving the hard work to him.
He moved cautiously towards the sound, couldn't fly because he couldn't see. "I wish I were a Bat now but no she can turn into any thing she wants but forgets I am just a Wren who has to relate to the force of nature, stupid woman"
He inched towards the sound could hear her turn now on gravel, soon he could feel her body heat and then she was there, he found her head hopped up onto her brow and quickly pulled out a hair.

"Aww," Her hand almost got him. "You stupid bird I am sleeping leave me alone, why..." Her voice trailed off into silence. "Where are we?" she asked in a tiny voice, "Why is it so dark"
Wren ruffled his feathers again "You silly should know where we are, you got us here, what were you thinking of tell me"
She sat up cautiously, " I was falling a sleep thinking of this story I was reading about Dragons and Fairies and Wolves and a cave with an old man, ships and a necklace that had to be found and some one saved and..."
Her voice was very scared and full of doubt. " I did it again, didn't I?"
"Yes" he said and crawled over her shoulder to the hand he knew would hold him "Yes you did it again, now let me sing and see if we can find some light"

The diminutive Wren began to sing at first in a shy sort of way but as she stroked his back his song grew into a beautiful aria, weaving in and out of the darkness cascading against the walls of the cave. A shimmer began to glow, and light burst forth on the walls of the dome in which they sat, reflected in the millions of crystals draping the ceiling.
A voice rang out from one of the many entrances and a burning light from a torch illuminated a kind face. " I have been expecting you, please follow me"

edit on 20-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: fiddles

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wis, we all wait so long between story entries, it does make it hard to find our last entries.

Never mind me I am just a silly goose in the perfect place right here where I can be just that, me. Hugs

Feeling really tired today. Might poke around the site a bit and then go watch some Star Trek.

You are a Trekkie, I have a huge collection. Girly Screech. Pop corn, cookies, ice cream, drawn curtains=Star Trek.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Story
"Follow him you nim whit" Wren fluttered around her head. "I am, you stupid bird" she whacked at him as he pulled her hair.
The old gentleman chuckled as he lead them along and they soon came to a warm cave lit by a grand fire.
"Sit down and relax, tomorrow we will talk" He gave them a cup of broth and some bread. As he handed her the food he took her hand and looked deeply into her eyes. "Can you travel this path" he whispered and let go.
Wren fluttered over to him "Who are you? Are we safe?"
The Old Man gently touched and smoothed Wrens feathers, "You are safe, now rest"

What may have been day but seemed as night descended upon them, the two tired travelers, they fell into peaceful sleep listening to the sounds of the fire and the Old Mans humming.
Dreams came and went, where they dreams or tales told of the road they would travel. Silence.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

WIS these are Wonderful Story Entries!!! Very well written!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more from you and Martin and whoever else decides to pop in.

I just love all the twists and turns in the story and the fascinating characters we have!

Thanks for flying in again Syx! I can't wait until things settle down for you and CC so you can join in the story as well.

My sleeping pattern is so erratic. I'm up when I should be sleeping and sleeping when I should be up.

Watched a few episodes of Star Trek earlier. Yesterday it was The X Files. Sometimes I'll catch some kind of spooky movie or paranormal show. A lot of shows on television suck, but there are some good things sometimes.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...Is that the Atlantic or Her Highness, The North Sea?

The Firth of Clyde (which eventually reaches the North Atlantic!)
LINK to Map of the Area

G

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join