It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was down at mysterious island at the weekend... and bought another kayak!
(So one of us can go out on the water with my boy Callum when he ventures out on his!)

It's been a long while since I kayaked but I'm sure I'll pick it up again quite quickly.... but not when it's THIS COLD!!!!

We got a real bargain of the kayaks from the Islands Watersports centre - they were selling some of their old training kit to make way for new. I reckon we could use them for 5 years and still get all of our money back if we decided to sell them on!!

So it looks like there will be some FREE fun on the water in the meantime!!! WooHooo!!!

BigG

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

That would be an interesting trip - I'd be game for a 50/50 sometime during the summer (provided my job holds out, haha). We'd have to see how it pans out - I was actually considering spending a couple days up North (due to paying off my portion of the student loans...didn't pay all of them off, but I got my portion).

If Syx and CC haven't shown up in a while, I'm more than worried about them.

I'm still not feeling up to par - Nothing scary (like, I still can move around and breathe from my nose and mouth), but I still have a feeling something isn't quite right. Only symptom I have is I'm achey and tired. I'm thinking it's just the cold weather.

@Night, how are you surviving this weather? The troops better find some of our missing members.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Yes Dear, it is long and wonderful thread so I have subscribed to and will enjoy it at leisure. Thank you for sharing, that tells me you know I care.
I think it is so wonderful that something like that can happen with out it turning into "The Orient Express"

Have been gone for a couple of days so I need time to catch up.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hello (tiny little voice because it is so cold)
Hello Foss, Kittie, Night, Gordi, CC, Jacy, Cody, Martin and every one else.
The deer come right up to the window to eat cracked corn off the pavement, I've seen numerous Coyote tracks the past days, some Fox and one that resembled a large feline.
Today a juvenile Bald Eagle swooped down over my car, so huge, so beautiful.
We have many remaining Eagles in the area this year.

The Crows and Ravens are my favorite though, they are so playful, intelligent and secretive.
I used to track Ravens in Denmark. They had become almost extinct due too hunting and poisoning. When I started tracking them there where only 16 pairs left in the country.
It was a very secretive society that kept an eye on them. We never told any one of the location of a sighting, egg hunters were the greatest threat to endangered birds. And some people just like to kill large birds.

My poor geriatric Beagle can't walk in this weather and refuses to wear boots. Silly puppy. And I can't find boots big enough for the Rottie so she too can't get rid of all her excess energy.

Night That Owl is perfect and Kahil Ghibran is a favorite poet of mine, I have several of his books, so gentle but sharp as a sword.
And your entry is wonderful, but help me, you are not the character? So what happened to the necklace?
So confused. I do hope you can hear me giggle, because this is such a kind place to be.
Crappie I do hope you could use the recipe, it sounds very simple I know, but it is tasty. And if you make home made mayo it is heaven.

It is a little cold here. My Dad always said "Thank God the house is hollow" I think he meant that other wise we would be out side.
It is rather cold. My most accurate indication is that my neighbor and I don't visit in the morning in "jammies". We will visit before work hours after our hubbies have gone, to have a cup of coffee.
Now we have to get dressed to visit. Brrrr.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Congrats on the new kayak Gordi!
foss, hope you feel better soon. It's cold here and that makes things more depressing for me. So grey and dreary.

The search is still on for Syx and CC, the shed loves and misses you!

Wis, LOVE that avatar!!!!! Keep it!!!! It must be awesome to see deer so close by and other animals. I've only seen one fox running across the road near here in all my life. I know we have raccoons and opossums and big birds and coyotes and other animals, but I usually just see the neighborhood cats and a bunch of birds. LOL We did have an owl family in our yard in the Summer.

OH...the purple colored lady with leopard spots is a new character I brought in that is away from the tree where our group is. Night Star the elf is still with you guys inside the tree. I don't know what you girls want to do from there and have been waiting. I don't want to play anyone's characters. I'd like you guys to do and say as you'd like and I can take it from there. A lot of time has passed so it is easy to get confused. I get confused myself when that happens and there is too much of a lag in time between story posts. Hope you and Martin will find time eventually to move your characters along. I have the purple lady to develop for now if I feel like making a story entry. I could always build a story line around her for now. Or have Night Star and her crew disappear from the tree for some reason and you guys can catch up at any time to join me.

For now, I'll leave Night Star with you guys. It took us all so long to finally meet up, I would hate to separate them now. Besides, it gets hard trying to write alone. I love everyone's characters and story ideas.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh man, I screwed up. I kept saying tree when Night and the rest of the group are in that cave! LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Sounds great mate! Getting amongst nature with your lads... Awesome!

Hope there is not too much 'spanner water' involved ! ( old Aussie surfing term )

edit on 19-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Found this for CC

OMG it is soooo cold!!!! This morning is was 0, feels like -8!!!! That is soooo uncool!!! Or maybe toooooo cool!

I am working on my next story entry. I hope to have it together this evening.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hahahaha! That pic is great!

Just want you all to know the search party is over. Syx and CC are fine, but won't be on for a while. Gotta run. Be back tonight sometime. Love you all! HUGS!

Here is a pic of my faery/Angel lamp. Cool huh?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Night she is beautiful!! How very elegant!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was so funny, I could hear your agitation.

Now would it be possible referring to the story if I could find the last entry, or a couple of them, to post them as a reply so they could be viewed in present time? It wouldn't take up too much space if it is reply and not quote.
Some one suggested entering a summery of the last entry, I think, that was also a good idea.
Thanks for the cudo's for my Avatar, but there are so many themes I would like to explore and I do like my wolves. A member made it for me many years ago.

Martin That bear is so "cool" and the quote is saved. Where is your story girl?

GordiTwo canoes, that is wonderful, are your venturing out on lakes or the ocean?
Or will you just make a fancy simulated test hanging them in the trees?
edit on 19-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: For crying out loud

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
She is so real, so delicate and....I want one.

OH just so I don't take up more space, I'll put it here.
I saw huge, humongous Wolf tracks again today, mixed in with Coyote, "Whabit" and what nots. I was so excited. It was only a half a mile from the others in this 1400 acre natural area. I had my nose in them.
I haven't seen a wolf since 2005 on the Keweenaw peninsula.

edit on 19-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Bah Humbug

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
She is so real, so delicate and....I want one.

OH just so I don't take up more space, I'll put it here.
I saw huge, humongous Wolf tracks again today, mixed in with Coyote, "Whabit" and what nots. I was so excited. It was only a half a mile from the others in this 1400 acre natural area. I had my nose in them.
I haven't seen a wolf since 2005 on the Keweenaw peninsula.

The lamp is on e-bay for a little over 200.00 with postage. I got mine years ago as a gift. It's rather rare, you just don't see these anywhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'll look for the last entry I made at the cave.
Give me a minute.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
163 is Night's last entry and mine was 162

Trying to figure out where the storyline will go

edit on 1/19/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, back track to page 163, there will be two different story entries one right after the other with us all in the cave. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Hon, you mean the cave, right or should we just have a great big tree as in the "Mother Tree" from Avatar.

I am laughing, trying to juggle to find a new e-mail server.

So you managed to correct it while I was answering. Hugs All Around

Can we save a post and paste it into our signature? that would be a solution?

edit on 19-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

edit on 19-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Oh Blarnye

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

LOL, I was in that tree for some time during the great battle and I keep forgetting we left there and met with you guys and are now in the cave. Cave, cave, cave. Hope that sticks with me now. LOL

I started writing down where my last entries were. I will start writing down the page where anybody posts a story entry. That should help. I have a sideline story within our story I started on page 209 with the purple lady with leopard spots and long dark curly hair. I got bored and wanted to write that day while waiting for you guys to post. LOL Perhaps in the future she will join our battle against the witch. Or, I'll just let her have her on her own little journey working in the background.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
163 is Night's last entry and mine was 162

Trying to figure out where the storyline will go

The story line can go just about anywhere at any time. That is the challenge. I'll wait for you and Wis to make an entry and then I'll make one after you guys.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
OMG two feet away by the window where I sit a Raccoon sauntered by to pick up cracked corn.
This is the first time I have seen a live Raccoon ever, the are usually road kill.
It was so fat and hunched backed and kind of walked on its toes.
So close.

new topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join