It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ah you are referring the American University in Lebanon.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yeppers! But I have seen plenty of other American backed schools throughout the world. In addition to "The School of the America's" which has a bad reputation. LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Alright.

I am headed to the work room to work on a Christmas present.

Later sheddites.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Walkinsilence since your from the Mid West feel free to chime in.

Why Star thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion
I would have in any circumstance since your inquiries seem earnest and pertinent.
I have traced briefly your comments and questions. Pardon me if I miss a subject.

North central vs. South central I think you may have the location confused. You mentioned the Bible belt and "people of color". "We are North central way north of the bible belt by the Great Lakes. And far north of color differentiating.
And one doesn't have to have an "odd" color to be discriminated, I promise you that. If you aren't tenth generation in-bread (pick your nationality) you are a stranger. Unless you live in one of the University cities.
I can't stand any kind of prejudice and I will speak up in public if I encounter it and tell people to shove it where it is most dark.

More Space. Well that was one of my criteria for relocating here. Yes there are vast amounts of National and State park habitat. But the rest is plastered with "Posted" signs. If you ever hear of some one tearing down all the damn things don't turn me in.

Hon it is not the "Little House on the Prairie" even though Laura Ingells house is some where here. People can be very single minded. And we have all of nature to our selves when we hike because every one is glued to the television.
Except during dear hunting season.

Safety Hmm that depends. I find it rather safe as humans go, I have never locked my doors. But the "natives" are a little too paranoid. Out doors is a whole different thing. We have a bear population of above 22.000, which I find rather significant and since I have been stalked by one they make me want to carry something bigger then a sling shot when we hike.
There are places that I won't mention (large city) that I won't even visit.

Crappie Dear thank you for asking.
Having traveled I do find people here a tad single minded, as Dawg mentioned, they are very suspicious, and faze out when you try to answer questions. They just don't get it that there is a world beyond their county. This is rural living, mind you.
But all in all there is good and bad where ever you go, I appreciate the diverse climate here and the out doors options. Lakes and rocks. I have met very kind and helpful people and it has a little town feel to it almost every where.
I chose to live here so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Oh if you can't handle snow, stay away.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry I missed you all earlier. Another busy day for me and I haven't even attempted to make my shell Angels yet!

What's this about Cody living in a church and being neighbors with Gordi?

Dawg, love the pics of the dogs! Sooooo cute!

Pill time and then into my nightgown and slipper socks.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Is this where we go?

Perhaps I just want to be a grain of sand, eternally moving with the waves. One day I will end up between a child's toes and I will hear the babe cry for its Mother and she will ever so gently whisk me off. Or I will be in some ones sandwich, all crunchy, later "deposited" else where.

Night thanks for the kudos.
edit on 13-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: fiddles

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey Wis,

Thank you for that.

You have a way with words. I do not. PERFECT !

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hey you, are you here?

Between a child's "What"
edit on 13-12-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Hey you, are you here?
Between a child's "What"

Jeez you goof ball I am laughing so hard.
Yes I am here. But my spell check goes hay wire so I have to make the reply and then edit. really annoying.

Kittie Darling you really should be more social with those cocktails, perhaps others would like to join and you would benefit from proper company.

edit on 13-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

All kidding aside. My kids are here and one friend from around.

I am just hanging out, watching the games and working on a Christmas present in the work room. Sometimes, I like alone, but not today. It's all hands on deck.. We are all working on Christmas gifts for others.

Having lots of fun and love. Family style.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: crappiekat
That sounds so lovely.
Perhaps I should explain something. All though very well paid in this job, it becomes tedious in the evenings when I can't go any where or have company. I am here 15-17 hours a day. That is why I find it inspiring to hang out here.
My day begins at 3:45 and jeez I should have hit the sack by now.
Cheerio.

How is Syx are you around you old blustery dragon?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

How do I get the local's trust?

And WIS I'm willing to learn the local customs if that's what it takes.
edit on 13-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

How do I get the local's trust?

And WIS I'm willing to learn the local customs if that's what it takes.

To the first question...You earn it. Just like anywhere else in the world. I'm a Wisconite who left the State for 31 years and am still earning their trust again. Many of the old Vets want me to run for the local American Legion Post Commander. They can keep that job...I don't want it.

The customs on the other hand are easy to pick up. Canning, Cheese Curds! (Yum!), of course Beer and a love of any NFC Central team, though the Packers is preferred and you have a foot in the door. Hunting and fishing knowledge is also good to know. But if you chose to live in a City...well, cities are cities and pretty much the same all over as far as I am concerned.

It's a quirky State, and for that I love it. (Though some times it annoys me.)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Bruce Wayne isn't a coward, he just knows when he is outmatched. (Which means by just about everything, LOL) But he does try to put Trooper in his place from time to time...but Trooper just ignores him and then steps on him.

Like Father, Like Son

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

How'd the Vampire visit go Syx? Two Vials? Three? Six?

They never can seem to get enough, eh Dude?

Gotta admit...it's kinda weird to come back...but nice too.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Bruce Wayne isn't a coward, he just knows when he is outmatched. (Which means by just about everything, LOL) But he does try to put Trooper in his place from time to time...but Trooper just ignores him and then steps on him.

Like Father, Like Son

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Is this where we go?

Perhaps I just want to be a grain of sand, eternally moving with the waves. One day I will end up between a child's toes and I will hear the babe cry for its Mother and she will ever so gently whisk me off. Or I will be in some ones sandwich, all crunchy, later "deposited" else where.

Night thanks for the kudos.

Wow, awesome pic!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
hI Dawg!

Hi Kat!

Oh wow, that sounded so wierd a dog and cat. LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
....nearly bought a church, still umming and ahhhhing over that one.
It's a stunning building but one hell of a commitment and the bonus is I'd be living next door to Gordi....................That couldn't possibly get messy

Cody

Ohh FFS!!! ROFL

HELP!! LOL

It's a lovely old church which sits right next door to my Holiday flat!
It needs a HUGE amount of work as it's been lying empty for a while, but I knew that Cody liked it, so when I heard that it was back on the market, I had to let him know!

G

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Morning Sunshine! Do you have any pics to show us of this church? My memory sucks, so if you showed it to us before, I have forgotten. We have some beautiful churches around here that would make gorgeous homes. You could even turn one into a fine dining place or something. How is your morning/afternoon going? With the time line difference, it's probably afternoon for you?

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join