It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Well, if you could define "safe".

Cali has the San Andrea's, the Midwest has the New Madrid. Depending who you talk to, some say the New Madrid is more dangerous that the San Andreas.

You have to shovel snow.

Cali has Haboob's, the Midwest has snow storms and tornado's. Being land locked we don't worry too much about Hurricanes, but those storms that come off the west coast do effect us. (like the storm we are dealing with now". And we also have to look out for storms coming up from the gulf.

This answer is just off the top of my head. I have never lived in the west. (I've visited) So my opinion is a bit bias.

What do you think are the best and worst things about living in Cali?

As far as people go, My opinion would be, the midwest has more "down to earth" folk. But I think in this day and age, there are "crazies" everywhere.

Wis,

You've traveled all over the world. How would you answer that question?

edit on 13-12-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I've heard that in some places in the Mid West it isn't really safe for non religious folks and non whites (especially the areas near the Bible Belt).

The best in Cali:

Not too many storms like what you described
Some places have beautiful scenery like Big Bear and Lake Tahoe
Beautiful landmarks.
Pretty open minded.
Weather can be nice.
In most parts of California, there's no need to shovel snow.

Bad side of Cali:
Too costly especially San Francisco and Los Angeles
A lot of materialism especially in places near Hollyweird
While Earthquakes aren't that bad you will never know when the big one would come
Hard to avoid electronic devices when living in the cities. Even if you are not into electronic devices, many people are so glued into electronic devices they won't bother to interact with real people.
Pollution in Los Angeles
We are in a drought
Can get too hot.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'll chime in a bit if ya don't mind. WIS, Crappie and myself are all in Wisconsin and it is beautiful country. But as said, there are crazies everywhere.

Where I am at, I'm going to have to get satellite where I am at because we are so off the grid even cell phones don't work well here unless of course you have a local no-name provider. Verizon, AT&T, etc, etc all have crap service here. Forget about Cable TV as well, so if you want interwebz, your only choice is DSL which is slow as snail snot and cuts out quite often.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Know I am starting to remember why I left ATS. I can't upload pictures because they are to big and even compressing them doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well at least I can get to talk to real people. In some coffee shops in many cities they have signs saying "We don't we have wi fi. Please talk to each other."

In fact I feel like part of the reason I'm shy was because I don't get a lot of interaction with other people due to them using their electronic devices.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well at least I can get to talk to real people. In some coffee shops in many cities they have signs saying "We don't we have wi fi. Please talk to each other."

In fact I feel like part of the reason I'm shy was because I don't get a lot of interaction with other people due to them using their electronic devices.

You'd do fine here then. (Pop. 847 +/-) and these folks are definitely luddites. We do have a Spiritualist Camp here as well open four months or so each year too!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh Crap. I haven't had that problem. "Yet" LOL!!

Redskins are beating the Bears. Ah heck, Sure I'll drink to that. LOL!

!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What's your opinion about your place?
edit on 13-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What's your opinion about your place?

It's a bit of a love/hate thing here for me. I love the country and the people most times, but at times they drive me nuts because many have never really traveled like I have, nor seen the things I have and yet some will blow off my experiences because they have a different mindset or have read something off the interwebz that is blatantly false.

Wisconsin does make for a interesting State. Both the GOP and Progressive Parties were born in this State, so it does make for interesting conversation at times. (If you can find some one who is open minded enough to discuss opposite beliefs civilly)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I would definitly agree with Dawg about the Luddites.

I know folks who don't watch T.V. and as far as the internet, they really want nothing to do with it.

But alot of those folk's are of the older generation. I think.

Yes, a very conservative state. LOL!!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

While I don't watch tv anymore, I do use the internet for ATS, research, communications, and Netflix.

Kat, what's your opinion about your place?
edit on 13-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well if you are going to go into teaching here in the states, it would be wise to be as hands on when it comes to electronic's as you can.

Heck, In some schools they have fassed out cursive writing teaching. Lesson's are no longer taught within the binders of books, but the PC. You know that. LOL!!!

Where I am, I love it, but.... I also dislike some things. Peoples attitudes towards other people not only make me mad, they scare me, and they make me sad. You don't really see it until you live here. Some people have a sense of superiority. I understand the whys, but I also believe that as a species, we know better now.

That is one of the reason's I feel education is so important. People act out in a bad way, usually because of fear. The fear of what they don't know. The school systems up here are slowly catching up. That gives me hope.

Just wanted to add, I know that was a very long answer to a one word answer. But what I said came from my heart.
edit on 13-12-2015 by crappiekat because: t

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Well if you are going to go into teaching here in the states, it would be wise to be as hands on when it comes to electronic's as you can.

Heck, In some schools they have fassed cursive writing teaching. Lesson's are no longer taught within the binders of books, but the PC. You know that. LOL!!!

I gotta do it Crappie!

Fassed out cursive!? LOL

Phased Lady! Phased!

And I'm a HS drop-out fer Dawgs sake!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Oh Hell, thats OK. LOL!!! My typing skills suck and when I am writing my hands work faster than my mind.

I am guilty. LOL!!!!

Absent mindness comes with maturity.LOL!!

Fork You!! LOL!!!

edit on 13-12-2015 by crappiekat because: SP OK???

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You are on point when it comes to electronics! Actually when I did my observation in a high school a few weeks ago I was very surprised when they told me that testing is now online. When I attended high school back in 2008-2012, its still in paper. Oh how times are changing.

Do not fear Kat, actually I appreciate both you and Dawg's answers.

Actually I should also let you folks know that I am also fascinated with other places and culture.

In fact, I have considered teaching overseas in an International School for Americans overseas.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In fact, I have considered teaching overseas in an International School for Americans overseas.

Hmmm...Why does Lebanon come to mind when I see that?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Here ya go.

www.alliance-exchange.org...

From what I have heard from people who have gotten involved, it can be a great program.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let' see if this works...

Yeehaa! It did! Trooper and Bruce Wayne are now Shedizens!

edit on 13-12-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I had a similar thought. But then I thought, your being silly.

Little BW looks almost like he's cowarding. What up with that?

Maybe just the Pic.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Wow, Trooper looks great. Beautiful face.

I also like the coloring on the ears.

Just adding to archive, Looks like Green Bay might take Dallas.

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join