It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Why do I miss all the good stuff?

He He

Had a busy day with my Sister today. We finally got to sort through all of Mom's jewelry

I do trust you are OK. Something like that would tare my guts out. I would be a worthless piece of blubber.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

OMG, Jacy, you hooked me up with a college kid in the match making thread! What...were...you...thinking?
LOL

Meh, you say college kid...I say boy toy...let`s not get technical!! (Merry Christmas, hehe...)

jacy

Hahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Had a busy day with my Sister today. We finally got to sort through all of Mom's jewelry

I do trust you are OK. Something like that would tare my guts out. I would be a worthless piece of blubber.

Oh, I have been in and out of the apartment by myself many times and came upstairs to my own apartment crying my eyes out. I have shed tons of tears since she has been gone. I still have my days.

It will be tough at Christmas. We used to all go out to a nice restaurant once the family got too big and had our Holiday meal and then all gathered at Mom and Dad's for desert and sharing gifts. When Dad passed away we continued the tradition. The past couple of years I stayed home and cooked for Mom because her knees hurt too bad for her to get out of the house. It was a nice quiet gathering of just Mom and Mark and I and one of my Brothers once in a while and then everyone else gathered at Mom's later.

This year we'll be going out with my Sister and her family and my Brother, but Christmas eve instead. So Christmas day will only be me and my Husband. We don't have a car, so we'll just do something here at home. As far as everyone getting together to exchange gifts, I still don't know what the plans are for that.

Mom and I used to exchange an extra gift on Christmas eve and have a yummy desert and maybe watch a Christmas show. It will be so different this year. There is a huge hole in my heart.

Though I have tons of jewelry, since Mom passed away, I have been wearing a lot of hers. I have her sparkly snowflake necklace on and a sparkly bracelet right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good job with your tree Gordi!

Martin, I love that pic too with all the snow!

Cody, so happy to hear you will be seeing the kids!

Hiya winged wonder! Hope all is well with you and CC!
edit on 10-12-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes Star Wars is Real. Hay very nice name.

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

By the way I'm new to this so be patient with me please.
I'm at a bit lost on starting.

I am new too. All the "natives" here are kind, patient, fun loving, sarcastic and have a devilish way of making you laugh and cry at the same time.
If you get lost just send out a May Day.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I fixed that by the way.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! LOVE that guitar. Tell me that is one of yours??
edit on 10-12-2015 by crappiekat because: to add. Getting forgetful

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

It looks just like me.

Crappie. You're a girl.
Sorry I must have missed something. My radars must be down.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For you StarWarsisReal

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm trying to be a history teacher.

...... can we call you Star?

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi Walkin,

Yeppers
I'm all woman. I guess I would consider myself abit of a Tomboy. I was raised mostly by my Father, so we did alot of guy stuff. Fishing, erector sets, etc......

I never got to do much riding. Most family members had cattle, hogs, or just raised crops. I still learned to have great respect for them. Beautiful creatures, and very smart. And to never walk to close behind one. LOL!!!

Did you ever fish off the boats, for your ingredients to make your meals for the crew?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hey Syx, WTH are you doing in Coal valley??

Isn't that just NW of Braidwood Nuclear Plant. 23 reactors. The one that was almost wiped off the map by a tornado this summer.

If you enjoy fishing, I know of a good fishing hole down that way. Big Bass.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

That picture always gives me the creeps.

I like your little tree. Was that before or after the "whisky and coke" ?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Gordi and Crappie could you please help those poor young ladies who are so apparently deprived of care. Where is the knight in shining armor to cloak them in warm furs. Shame on you.
Gordi did you create that piece of art?
Martin Thank you for suggesting I tell stories around a cozy fire. We should all sit there, Oh I guess this is one of my dreams. That people sit together and tell tales of their lives, they laugh and cry together they just are.
Now I am crying, because we never have time any more. We don't listen.

I doubt any one would find the tale off me; as we ported in Belfast one sunny afternoon after two weeks off shore, me surrounded by nothing but crabby male ship mates, sobbing around the neck of a female Seamans mission person. When I saw her in my kitchen I closed the doors and cried like a baby, so grateful to see some one who didn't smell like oil and who had a smile and a wink in her eye.
No one wants to here tales like that. The funny thing is, that is the essence of life. I will all ways be gratefull to her.

Night You are right we all have struggles. I tend to hold a very tight upper lip. But I must stress this is where I relax, here on ATS.

Crappie Oh I was never invited to tea, was it tea? Well it sounded cozy. I will just sit down by your fire place and hope to be served crumpets.

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Oh Bother

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: fiddles

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh trust me, those gals are taken care of very well.

tindzhir.com...

You do realise, It's all about the ice fishing. LOL!!!!

I went to something similar in Crystal lake I think it was. GAUD, Men can be such idiots. LOL!!!
edit on 10-12-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi Cody !!!

I'm so glad to hear you will be spending time with your kids.

They really can make you think.

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas Picture's.
edit on 10-12-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)[/editby

edit on 10-12-2015 by crappiekat because: can't spell for S@@@ today
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here since horses are my passion rest with the nisse and this kind being. He will blow a soothing secret of comfort into your heart.

NightStar Words of consolation are empty when grief is as raw as yours. I know.
All I can say is having loved and been loved is the greatest gift of all.
To mourn is to love too.
Hugs and tears. Please accept them.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Here ya go WIS,

And today I have been making cookies. Please help yourself.

Tomorrow I have a very busy day. So I will bid you all good nite.

I may pop back in if I can sleep.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Crappie how lovely, so you know what is like for a single woman to move into new territory. That is, sexist I guess but who cares, gender makes a difference.
That is why I like ATS I am not judged be gender or looks.

Hay a little Christmas cheer from Nisse Land.

You made all those cookies. Ok I split and hauled wood most of the day. Does that count? I was up at four. I feel sooo unaccomplished.
Is there a little whiskey in the hot chocolate, well perhaps like one to two?
Oh thank you for using WIS it is my preference. You're a girl? Still so confused.

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Fuddle Muffin

edit on 10-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: No one else does it why should I

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This morning (3am) I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started my day, here, and then started making Chocolate Chip Cookies. LOL!!! I have been very productive today.

But NO NO NO chopping wood for me. My new home doesn't even have a fire place. So greatful. Very dirty. Even a gas fire place seems to produce more dust. No Thanks.

If you would like to add to your Hot chocolate, by all means. Go at it. LOL!!! Not for me, Gotta work tomorrow.

Nitey Nite all.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi Kat and Walkin!

Kat, you would never want to take me fishing, I'd be the one setting all the fishies free while no one is looking.

Walkin, I would love to hear your stories and I'm a great listener! Grabs one of the big cozy chairs by the fire, sips hot cocoa and waits.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Awwwww, adorable image Walkin!

Hey, who ate all the cookies? Between the donut and peanut butter and cookie hoarders, I'm at a loss. Oh look brownies!

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join