It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!

You always find the cutest kitties!

just noticed I forgot to take that line out!

And I meant to ask you about the line, “How do you know?” said

It's too late to edit, should I re-post it?

love

bug

LOL, don't worry about it Honey, we have all made mistakes with time lines and other things. We can go with the flow as it is. Sometimes others don't even notice. So carry on!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Muse, LOVE the Monday image!

Gordi, love the pics as usual!!!!

Hello Martin and Syx!

In a hurry, hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a great day everyone!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Good morning! Going to fly off soon for another round of infusion. Have a Good One Everyone!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry I missed you earlier Syx! Hope that wing is healing up good! You know you're grounded until it does, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hello Everyone! How is your day going? Finally some cool and comfortable weather. Yay!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No Prob Night. Good Morning to You and everyone else!
Here's to hoping today is a good one! ~CLINK~ (Cheers with my coffee Mug!)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh my, pretty empty and lonely in here with only one visitor all day.

Oh where oh where has my Shed family gone? Oh where oh where have they gone? The pixies have knocked over the flower pots. They said they were trying to free the flowers. What?????? The faeries are sweeping up the mess and the pixies are grounded.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
(peek)
Not goin in there! Look at the mess!!

Morning sheddites!

I am a tired bunny.
I've started work on collecting all of the shed story parts together and I've got to page 100 of THE SHED so far.
(Only another 817 pages to go!!! yippeee!!)
Not sure how long it's going to take. But I'll stick at it.
We can then look seriously at publishing the damn thing!!
(And I'll try and set about recording an audiobook version? even if it's just for us!)

Not much else happening apart from ill health!!!
Father-in-law has had a couple of "bad turns" and they're doing tests...
Neice is in hospital getting her heart monitored because of irregular and very rapid heartbeat.
and My big sis has had confirmation of her diagnosis of MS,
and I've got the cold! LOL

Hope you're all just dandy!

MIKE - rest that wing!!!! (Is it yer drinkin arm btw??? LOL)
G

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey Bud! Sorry to hear of all the ill health in Your family... This world can be so unfair at times, eh?

My drinking arm is whatever one is closest to the bottle at the time!! LMAO!!! Usually my right is what I use, being right handed and all...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Oh Gordi, I am so sorry to hear of everyone's health issues in your family! My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

That re-writing of our story is a huge project! Wow! If you were to publish it, you would need permission from all the posters of course. I would like to see how it comes out. You would have to be very careful in how you pull this all together as I have said before, some posters would surely not enjoy seeing their posts summed up with things cut out. We all put a lot of thought, passion and time into our posts.

The trickiest part would be fixing the timelines as some parts are written as being day time and the very next post by someone will have it as night time where hardly anything happened in between. LOL! Many of us have made this mistake including myself I'm sure. Then as you know, there are the confusing posts where we are going in all different directions and it is chaotic and confusing. The only thing I didn't like is where someone would play the part of my character and it was well...out of character for her. I don't know how others feel about that. I got spoiled at that writers site where we weren't allowed to play anyone else's characters unless given permission. Otherwise you have characters being placed where they never wanted be placed or saying something they would never say or wouldn't say it in such a way and they had to think hard on how to get themselves out of the situation quickly. LOL At the writer's site, the stories were amazing and everything flowed smoothly that way. Not trying to be a pest, just trying to be helpful.

Now go and have some chicken soup and lots of fluid and care for that cold you have!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You did it again Syx, you snuck up on me. You sure are quiet and sneaky for such a big dragon! LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I know right!! It's one of my more endearing qualities!! LMAO!!! HAve to fly for a while... Later, Syx...

edit on 23-9-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yup. LOL

I'm just going to pull it all together at the moment without editing.
I'm putting the author of each parts initials at the start of each section, so we can identify who's done what.

After that's done.... I was going to read it again for continuity etc and only if something is glaringly out of sorts, I'd talk to the author of that section and work out a solution! (A quick snip, edit or re-write by them!)
That way - THEY would be changing their own part to fit, and would hopefully be happy with the result?

With any luck, we won't need too many changes, or we could always just put a disclaimer at the start, saying that it is a story written by many different people over a long period of time, which inevitably contains some continuity (and other) issues??

Once I have the full list of authors sorted, I am happy to contact them all to make sure everyone is cool with whatever we decide to do with it. If someone doesn't want their part published, no worries - it can be edited out or re-written by us!

I'm erring on the side of trying to release it online an as E-Book, rather than in print, as that would probably be the easiest/cheapest way of doing it.
I'd suggest we either make it FREE for readers or maybe have a "donate for charity" type fee? Happy to discuss.

Has anyone heard from JACY by the way?
I think she was visiting her daughter who was in hospital this week?
JACY - we're ALL thinking about you and sending our bestest shed-wishes in your direction!

Get the girls to pop in the shed and say Hi when they can?

G

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I have an Author friend who has sold e-books. Didn't Pheonix publish something too? Some authors put it up for free for a short amount of time and then start charging.

Syx, you are in big trouble mister! You aren't supposed to be flying until that wing heals properly. I grounded you, but I suppose you forgot eh? Bad boy! Bad, bad, bad!

No word from Jacy I'm afraid. I'm sure she is dealing with a lot right now and she is in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hello Shedites & Lurkers! I hope everyone is doing great!

Gordi - Thanks for all of the hard work!!!! I have managed to keep my story-line but sadly that is all and mainly so I will know what to write about next time.

Syx - I hope they are getting you healed up right this time!

OK now that I have recovered I HAVE to tell the story of our trip....(hope no one has too weak of a stomach)

Saturday morning the alarm went off at 4:30AM. (No one tells you until after you have fallen in love with a runner that runners are morning people). I wish Paul a happy 45th birthday and we start our “Marathon Morning” ritual. Most runners go completely OCD before/during a race. The most normal person in the world will go bat*$hit*crazy if they run a marathon, we forgive them. Sorry drifting…..

As we are leaving the hotel headed for the air force base I had to have Paul pull the car over so I could get sick, not a good sign. But onward we go. The ENTIRE highway system of Dayton, OH is currently under construction it seems. So our Garmin, The Waze App, AND the Google Maps App all kept trying to make us circle around to closed roads. It was awful. We did however find the gate we WERE NOT allowed to enter
oh well live and learn. We finally found the right spot and were slowly making our way to the start line; about a 2 mile walk from the parking areas. I got sick a few more times but would hide from Paul trying not to bother him. He finally caught on and once we got close to the start line I could not be close to people and they were bunching in. This was the ONLY marathon that Paul has started or finished without me being right there at the line

When he finished and saw I wasn’t there he knew it was either too crowed (this was a very large race) or I was too sick. Soldiers were giving runners rides back to the cars on golf carts so Paul got a ride to our section. Poor thing on his birthday, ran a marathon, and then finished to a deathly ill wife. By then I had been throwing up non-stop for about 4 hours. I would guzzle water just to have….anyway you get the picture. So we leave the air force base and are headed back to the hotel. We are on I-75. I think it was 8-10 lanes (felt like 80-100) with no median and no curbs, just 70 MPH traffic. AND it hits….so Paul yells just roll down the window and hang out the car. Bumper to bumper (who knew Dayton was this big of a city) traffic at 70 MPH and I am “letting it fly”. This poor blue car behind us keeps blowing the horn and turning on the windshield wipers. I think they thought we were doing it on purpose!!! I couldn’t enjoy it then but now I can see that car and hear that little horn. HAHAHAHA

ANYWAY, that was our weekend.

edit on 9/23/2015 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

______
Gordy Bro I commend You for the work You are putting forth with getting ALL of Our Story together for one whole story! ...

I tried a few times to get it all together, but had a hard drive crash the first time. Then had to switch to a new computer the second time, (I believe?) Then The third time I just plain gave up. Had way Too much going on here...

I think that the first suggestion You had about contacting the various authors for any discepencies in the story/time-line to get it fixed is a great idea!!...

Also along with that, I think the disclaimer at the beginning is a really good idea too! It will give the readers a feel for what they are about to indulge in!!...

______
Night I know You grounded Me. But, But but, but I had to take a short flight to get some things done here. ( I will go back to the Keep and stay with the other Dragons for the night... [Hanging my head low I saunter to the Keep]...) Maybe!! LMAO!!!...

______
Jessie, Please tell Your hubby Happy belated Birthday for Me? Thanx!...

Also I am sorry that you had such a day that had You blowing chunks all day. That would suck. Well splurting may be a better word?! LOL!!...

Sorry had to laugh a litle about that car being on the recieving end of Your Spew!!!

My Thoughts are with Good intention that ALL are going to be in Good Health Soon, and that all matters of negative conotations will soon be on the Positicve Side Soon, as well!!!...

To Those of Us missing and their Families, (Lurkers included), I wish all the best of Good Health and Positive outcomes, Very Soon...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Gordi, nice work.

You cannot put up an E-book with such a disclaimer, it would just not do well, if at all.

It will need a major edit and I suggest one that is a bit faster that back and forward. I would suggest one major edit followed by an amount of time for individuals to get back if they are not happy.

I am willing to do this.

Following from that, we then need readers searching for errors, the more passes the better.

That is my 2cents worth.

Night Star, check my sig line below. Lol

P

edit on 23/9/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Jess, Happy Belated Birthday to Paul!! So glad you are finally feeling better. That must have been so miserable for you!

Syx, the doors to your keep are locked for now. Don't worry, plenty of food and water and CC and the Bragons to keep you company. We'll check in on you and bring books and whatever you'd like to pass the time in there.

Pheonix, so good to finally see you again!!!!! Oh, your signature is small and I didn't even notice. Sorry. LOL

Very nice of you to offer editing for Gordi!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Been sitting here for about the past hour or so since I've woke up debating on doing something productive. So far, the only thing that I've managed to do is make another video on Youtube public. That and I have been sitting here listening to some good ol' country music while doing that and I kind of figured I'd share how my Friday went.

Spent a few hours on CSX Transportation's Greenwich Subdivision at Wellington, Ohio on Friday. Situated between Greenwich and Cleveland, Ohio. The Greenwich Subdivision is the main line for trains moving to and from the Midwestern United States to and from New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. The traffic on Friday was mostly intermodal with a few other trains sprinkled in. The first photo shows CSX 7498 leads Q113 west on its home rails with a decent sized stack train in tow.

Led by Wheeling & Lake Erie 3049 and Wheeling & Lake Erie 6310, an Electro-Motive SD40-2, as they pound the diamonds crossing over CSX Transportation's Greenwich Subdivision. Wheeling & Lake Erie coke train 227 is seeing rolling west along the Hartland Subdivision as it passes through Wellington, Ohio after a break in the traffic on CSX.

One of the last trains to pass through Wellington before we left. The Produce Express, Q091, hi-balls west past CP-37 with a quartet of UP units in charge.

The last train that we saw over in Northeast/North Central Ohio was over on the Wheeling & Lake Erie as it was heading towards the yard at Brewster, Ohio. A Wheeling & Lake Erie mixed freight rolls east along the Hartland Subdivision with W&LE 6358, an Electro-Motive SD40-2 built as British Columbia Rail #758, as it passes through Spencer, Ohio.

However, the train over on the Wheeling & Lake Erie was not the last train we encountered. Surprisingly enough, the last train that we saw was over in the northwestern part of the state. Seen making it's way west towards Toledo and Chicago. An empty Norfolk Southern ethanol train, 67N, traverses the over one mile long causeway between Sandusky Bay and Lake Erie just west of Sandusky, Ohio along the famous Chicago Line of the New York Central right before it got dark.

edit on 24-9-2015 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Gordi, nice work.
You cannot put up an E-book with such a disclaimer, it would just not do well, if at all.
It will need a major edit and I suggest one that is a bit faster that back and forward. I would suggest one major edit followed by an amount of time for individuals to get back if they are not happy.
I am willing to do this.
Following from that, we then need readers searching for errors, the more passes the better.
That is my 2cents worth....
P

Hi Pheonix,
Thanks, for the input.
I actually think that such a disclaimer would let people know exactly what they are getting into.

I'm not doing this in the hope that it will do well at all, I'm doing this because several of our lurkers and posters said it would be great to see it done... as a one-stop-shop for seeing the shed story in it's entirety.
(Come to think of it, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an e-book, maybe it's own thread here on ATS might suffice?)

I don't think one major edit by any one individual is very fair either, and there is no real need for it to be done "faster" unless I'm missing something?

I think if we allow it to be edited (properly) then the story will lose it's quirky, chaotic, random nature. Which was the very essence of how it came to be. I appreciate that this would be the correct process to follow if we were indeed attempting to write a proper story book, but that's not what we're doing... is it?

I'd like to hear everyone's thought's on this, before I go any further?

cheers
G

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join