It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

The Shed is a fantasy shed which may look like a colorful rainbow shed on the outside but inside it can look like a castle, a log house, anything one wishes. The rooms are endless. The land and realm we now inhabit is called Accasia which I believe Pheonix came up with and I like very much.

I am very excited that you will be joining us!!! There are no set rules really, but I prefer not to play another persons character as I feel they should have complete control of their own characters to develop and have fun with. That way I don't annoy anyone with their character speaking in a way they normally wouldn't or acting like they normally wouldn't act. Unless I have a real feel for one's character, but even then, I like to see people have fun with their own creative endeavors.

The real challenge in collaborative writing is when one character is speaking to someone else's and that person doesn't post for quite some time. Then it leaves your character stuck and unable to move on because they are waiting for a reply. I used to write with others on a writers forum and if someone held me up for a long time because I was waiting for a reply from their character, I'd just make up a reason to move on so I could continue writing. LOL

We also had a separate thread to go with the story so that people could speak of future plans they had or any problems they encountered and things could be worked out, or shared ideas. Here, we either say it in chit chat or private messages.

Hope we all have been helpful.

So I have Gordi and Syx coming along on our new adventure and Bug's winged faery to save. We have to get Martin in on this somehow. Martin wasn't your character healing our wounded, but then she took off? And Pheonix has an awesome Wolf Lord character who pops in at will.

I have been thrilled with everyone's entries! It is great to be able to have our characters all together. It can be quite challenging at times and a lot of fun!

Hello to everyone who has popped in! Time for a long soak in my antique tub. I'll be back all squeaky clean and smelling awesome! Love scented soaps and stuff!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

HI Darth! CLICK HERE to get to where "THE SHED" Story began... The characters in it were all from another Thread where they had met, I believe. That Thread had come about a short time before I had come across "The Shed" Story Thread and wrote My way into the Magical Realm...

If You want to see my Introduction to The Story as an example of How to write Yourself in, CLICK HERE to see it. I had done three parts over several pages as My intro and put all of them together on one page to tie them all together. You don't need to write in any where near as much as I did. I got carried away with it all! LOL!!!

If I can be of any other help, Please don't hesitate to ask any questions You may have!! Ask Here in The Thread, or write me a U2U, Private Message, if You prefer...
Actually anyone here, along with myself, will help You. All You need do is ask!

Hope to see something from You soon!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oh Thank you all!!

now i have to get writing
i have so many ideas.. i just have to put them to words which is not my strength

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Great idea to link your first post!!! So glad to have you back!!

First Story Entry

This was my first entry^ Hope this gives you a couple of ideas!! I can't wait to read your story!!

edit on 9/14/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Yes thank you!

Everyone is so talented, this could be a Movie!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I thought it would make a great movie too Darth!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Martin, The link is not coinciding with your post. I have had this prob before I started to do it in another way. Just go to the post you want to link, then where it says "link" in top right corner, right click the 'link' word and then click "copy link address". Then paste that into the post where you want to link a post and it will show the correct post... Works. Not sure why it won't work the other way, but it does for me anyway... Just wanted to help you here Jessie...
(Oh, still use the box with angled up-right arrow, write 'LINK', for instance, then paste in the addy you copied) Hope this helped and not confused you... Syx...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thank you!! I got it

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

okee dokee! Gotta crash now. Have a good evening Jessie! Same for all You others here too! See Ya's tomorrow. Syx...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Man do I feel stupid. I never even noticed that link option there. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just checking to see what's going on before falling asleep. Yes I am on the mobile site and typing this up all while laying in bed. Maybe laziness has gotten hold of me.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry I missed your post Chooch. Sometimes I'm still up at that hour, but not last night/early morning.

Morning/Afternoon my Lovlies! It's my day out today. Linda and I will be having a light lunch, shopping and then going to a new steak restaurant in town for supper. Her husband gave her some money to pay for the both of us. He does that once in a while saying he likes to make us girls happy. So thoughtful, sweet and generous!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's raining here, so looks like i'll start writing, hopefully by tomorrow i can have something done.. i'm excited and nervous

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Talking yesterday about how to join in with the story got me thinking about how it all started!
So, for the more recent additions to our shed family... I've done a wee bit of digging, and come up with a short history of how it all began!

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

Once upon a time, a beautiful lady called Angelchemuel (Jane) started a Valentines Greetings thread.
It was intended to be a simple place where you could anonymously post your valentines messages, but it quickly grew into so much more.
Friendships were made, kindred spirits found one another, our real lives overlapped with our online (ATS) ones, we shared the highs and the lows, and we became family.

Valentines Greetings Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We even had our own theme song!!!
The Rainbow Room Song:

During the general mayhem and mischief-making, we started writing... just as a bit of a joke... one line at a time...

and it sort of, took off...

2nd Story Entry:
3rd:
4th:

(Here's a quick summary of our first 5 story posts all together: )
"The crows leapt into the air from the boney branches of the old elm... for they had heard it! The low, soft murmur of his Cold...dead...heart... still beating in the casket below the graveyard... Angry Winter winds blew forth across the darkened sky as lightening streaked passed them on their journey through the ancient graveyard. Their own hearts beating wildly with fear.... as the shadows flashed, and the ground shook with each roll of thunder. They cowered behind a headstone as a blood curdling cry emanated from.. .. behind a crumbling gazebo behind the gatekeepers house. Willow hung, obscuring all but three greying pillars and swaying slightly to strobe the grass with the moon. The sound came again... ...the deathly cold, pounding, gut-wrenching sound of that hollow heart. But why? Why Now? Hadn't it been nearly six years since..."

But, before we could properly explore the idea... our valentines thread was closed (because valentines day had long-since gone!)
So, a new room was born... it was based on our descriptions of where we would "meet".
It was a beautiful Rainbow Coloured House & Shed (because Jane LOVES and SPREADS Rainbows!)

The Rainbows Room:

But.... TPTB were unclear as to what our purpose was.... was it chit chat??? was it story telling? was it collaborative writing??? and so... the Rainbows Room too was quickly shut down

There was much gnashing of teeth and scratching of heads, but after some gentle discussion and negotiations with the ATS staff, it was eventually agreed that we could have a "room" which overlapped all of these things...
And Jacygirls Shed Thread was born...
It starts with Jacy brilliantly "telling our story" - the story of our characters in the Shed, and after a while, she invited us all to contribute our own parts.... and the shed story as we know it now was born.

The Shed:

Here are some of our own "Entry" post stories;

Tsu's Entry:

Gordi's Entry:

Truebrits Entry:

Now, threads are not allowed to take up too much space on the servers, and a sensible 400 page limit is put on them.
Well, we kind of reached that limit pretty fast!! and had to start The Shed 2, and eventually The Shed 3 as well!!
And we're still going strong, thanks to the outstanding efforts (and amazing persistence and stamina!) of NightStar (Lorraine), Syxpak (Mike) and a few other hardy souls.

We even managed to have a REAL LIFE GATHERING of UK Shed-mates at the Isle Of Cumbrae in Scotland!
Where 5 of us had the chance to meet up in person and continue the story for real!
There are pictures and (almost) the full story in a Shed "spin-off" thread linked below.

The Gathering Thread:

It has been my honour and indeed privilege to have met so many kind hearts, wonderful talented people and kindred spirits within these VERY special threads, and of course, in person.
I don't think I've ever laughed or cried so much in my entire life!
I've just spent the last three hours reading back through the earlier threads (In particular the Valentines Greeting one where we all became "family") and I have the Biggest grin on my face EVER!
I miss my shed-mates who have not visited for a while. I hope that you are all safe and well. (Pop in to let us know ok?)

and that, my dear friends is the story of the Shed! (If I've missed out anything important.... you know what to do! LOL)

Kindest regards,
Big G
(The resident Scotsman!)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

GORDI!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!! Thank you for allllll of your hard work!!!! How awesome!!!!

I'm at work now but if my story entry doesn't get finished you can blame Gordi!!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Gordi!

That was so beautifully written.

I have gone back and reread the beginning stories too.

Iv'e tried putting all the stories together, in one document, but I became confused!

I even began to make to record the story in an audio book, but again I am not a great reader, and I got confused.

I wonder if anyone here would be interested in narrating an audio book version.

Maybe someone who has experience with recording and uploading, and who has a lovely accent..(hint,hint!)

love,
bug

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It's raining here, so looks like i'll start writing, hopefully by tomorrow i can have something done.. i'm excited and nervous

Hi Darth Prime!

I was too!

I found this thread in just after it started, and followed along for a long, long time, in 'Lurk' mode,

I wanted to write an entry but I was way too nervous!!

Glad to know you'll be joining along!

love,
bug

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

LOL - Thanks Jessie! No Worries at all, and I'm sooo looking forward to the new story entries!
Gx

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

Gordi!

That was so beautifully written.
I have gone back and reread the beginning stories too.
Iv'e tried putting all the stories together, in one document, but I became confused!
I even began to make to record the story in an audio book, but again I am not a great reader, and I got confused.
I wonder if anyone here would be interested in narrating an audio book version.
Maybe someone who has experience with recording and uploading, and who has a lovely accent..(hint,hint!)

love,
bug

Ahaaaa!!! Bug! I see what you're up to!!! LOL
I have actually done, just a wee bit of narration before... but this would take an AGE to pull together.
Tell you what... IF we can get the story pulled together, I PROMISE that I WILL RECORD an audio version of it!

I actually started to try and gather the story entries together waaaay back in Shed1 or early Shed2 (I think it was), but we'd already posted over 600 pages of chit-chat and stories mixed together by then (and at that time we hadn't even thought of doing the story parts in a different colour yet!) so it was very difficult locating all the entries.
There were inevitably some story posts which didn't quite fit the timeline or setting too... it was so hard keeping up with all of the posts and story line twists and turns that some of the posts didn't "fit" very well, so they would have to be edited in some way too?

I think it would be worth it!
The quality of the story telling has been immense so far, but I'd HATE to hurt anyone's feelings by having to edit out or change bits of their tale, just to help the flow of the story.... so I don't know...

Maybe if we could gather ALL of the story posts together it would give me an idea of what editing (if any) would be needed??
I'll have a think about it.

Gx

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Gordy great job in putting all that together! Thanx bro!! It will help some of the newbies and lurkers to make more sense of it all!

Oh and as far as editing, I would not think it will be needed. The story has been put together 'on-the-fly' so far and it would actually hurt it in the long run if it were edited... Just my thoughts here obviously...

As far as the timing elements go; Each of our own entries are from our point of view and therefore, are 'what' they are...
Anything out of synch would be, and usually was, told in ways that did help tie it all together, as the story progressed... I don't think it, ( the off timing ) ruined anything at all, and actually helped add some mystery, as the story went along, and continues to move forward!
edit on 15-9-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks Mike!
No worries, oh I hope you're right about the editing thing! It would be great to just "lay it out there"!
I'd need to see it all together as a story first... I do think it got quite confusing for a while there...
But I'd be delighted if it was OK to just run with it!! WooHoo!!

You have NO IDEA how happy I was earlier... running over some of the early Valentines thread posts and early shed story ones!!!! JUST BRILLIANT!!!!

Has anyone heard from Jacy at all?
I haven't heard from Tsu for a while, I don't think she's on ATS anymore?

G

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join