It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nevermind. Not worth my effort.
Have a nice day you loving yet horrendously discourteous atheists.
edit on 1/13/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes Liberals and Progressives actively hate Christians, then they turn around and want to give all Muslims hugs!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky
Yes Liberals and Progressives actively hate Christians, then they turn around and want to give all Muslims hugs!

When you figure that one out, will you please clue me in? I guess we are fair game because we are the majority here in the U.S. Either that, or most of them have opened their minds to the point their brains have fallen out. I actually think that's what is it.

Meh. Won't be back on this rag.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Erm, say what again?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: miss_sky

Yes Liberals and Progressives actively hate Christians,

No.
This is a silly thing to say.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I think christians(in general) are the ones hating. If you believe that your religion is the only one going to heaven, and all other religions are of Satan, it might not always manifest on the surface but THAT'S hate.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Gnosticism (atleast in my mind) is the religion that studies all religions fairly and gains wisdom from the scripture of all faiths. I never understood why people join individual religions and discard the rest like they are useless. Im currently reading the Quran and I love it.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Time for some soul searching, let's see, what are my thoughts about an organisation/religion, that

- killed hundreds of thousands in the inquisitions, mainly because the have been females, branded as witches
- collaborated with the Nazis
- molested and raped thousands of boys and girls and covering up, all while spreading the message that homosexuality is sin, that sex is only allowed when married
- bases on a made up book, which exists since 1500 (+/-) years but still not a single shred of evidence
- suppresses science and common sense (the earth is flat, there have been no dinosaurs, etc etc)
- that prohibits the use of condoms, despite an HIV epidemic in africa
- that teaches a humble life with caring for other while building golden palaces in the vatican
- that prohibits condoms and contraceptions while owning the biggest company in italy which produces contraceptions
- that says 'god created men after his own' but goes on to hate women and gay people
-that teaches the bible as the truth, and the only truth which has to be taken by the word, but as soon there is critique they come up with Phrases like: that s just the old testament, that has no value.
- that denies parts of the old testament, but does not realise that the old testament is their only evidence of god building the world

So much for the wordly/organisational side of the church.

Yes i bitchslapped you. Now, i expect all of you good christians to present me your other cheek.
The next bitchslap will be about the scripture itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84im with you. Palestine was eutopia for eastern christians, Muslims and Jews before the crusades put an end to that.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

If you're a service member I don't judge you. You're fighting the war your friends still at church started. They can go burn in hell for all I care. You're the only Christian that dies for their beliefs. Probably the only one that truely lives.

Anyone from a church commenting though, just has no place in society anymore. So your church hates another one? You clearly learned nothing from Jesus, maybe you(and everyone else) don't deserve having a church anymore then. That's how I feel God would see it. Or any type of farther when their kids abuse something.

Church is supposed to be about community, peace and love. Not weekly meetings to talk about who to discriminate against next like indoctrinated robots.

Maybe war makes soldiers take spirituality differently, but the problem is clearly the ones at home, and hate they are harboring for a people completely unknown to them.

Nothing is wrong with Christians. It being ignored that many Christian Cults exist with heavy indoctrination is getting beyond sanity though. They clearly do and many of those people are clearly insane and have overwhelming hate for all Muslims, over the actions of a small handful of people on a plane.

Outside of the fact Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, to suggest hating their entire race for one incident, over 10 of them, and to bomb and destroy their country from the face of existence, while KNOWING this is what they wanted, is giving away how weak we really are, and feel. We have no control and we're basically being puppets with that behavior.

Do people hate them(Christians) though?

The thing is OP, the leader of Christianity was the most compassionate being in all existence. The Christian at this point would make up what the opposite of what that is. To judge them is to stoop to their level. No one is more judgemental than Christians are. Hating them is a waste of energy. Maybe hate whoever that thought the Bible was a good idea. What an asshole.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Side question: who's more righteous, the Christian who does good to avoid hell, or the atheist who does good for the sake of good?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
I think christians(in general) are the ones hating. If you believe that your religion is the only one going to heaven, and all other religions are of Satan, it might not always manifest on the surface but THAT'S hate.

I'm Christian, and I have never met any other Christians who think they are in the only group going to heaven. Only Christ has the authority to say who enters and who doesn't. Being humble about oneself leaves no room for hate, and that alone isn't too easy in this world. Hate comes at the drop of a hat these days for pretty much anyone.

But it is an old myth that Christian sects might believe that. I'm sure a lot do. They might be in for a shock if they embrace those zealous feelings up till death. Even for those who believe everything they are supposed to believe by God's word have no guarantee if they aren't humble before the Lord in their lives and do their part in the world, whatever their mission might be. The best way to get there is to seek God's will in life and never cease in that aim, and to love others. If that is being done, then the rest is very possible.
edit on 14-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowedive been told that by christians and had verses shown to me to enforce their position. What do you think born again/saved means? It's a euphemism for going to heaven. So while they might not all say it out loud, that is doctrine to most churches. I ccan't believe that you don't know anyone that believes all other religions are from Satan and a path to hell. If true your a minority. Passing the buck to god to decide is just being slick toungued, and I ain't bying it.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
And if alot of sects do believe that(they do) then it's not a myth. Jesus is a myth, Moses is a myth, spiritually elitist christians are a fact of life.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You seem nice, but most Christians annoy me. You might be an exception, but christians are leading the way when it comes to ignorance.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith

I'm Christian, and I have never met any other Christians who think they are in the only group going to heaven. Only Christ has the authority to say who enters and who doesn't. Being humble about oneself leaves no room for hate, and that alone isn't too easy in this world. Hate comes at the drop of a hat these days for pretty much anyone.

But it is an old myth that Christian sects might believe that. I'm sure a lot do. They might be in for a shock if they embrace those zealous feelings up till death. Even for those who believe everything they are supposed to believe by God's word have no guarantee if they aren't humble before the Lord in their lives and do their part in the world, whatever their mission might be. The best way to get there is to seek God's will in life and never cease in that aim, and to love others. If that is being done, then the rest is very possible.

Good post sir, but the only thing more baffling to how blind Christians are at considering how 'non-belivers' act, is their ideas of how other Christian people act.

Almost all of them draw from their personal experiences(like you), and consider that other Christians would act the same. This is almost never really the case, as Christian beliefs are extremely diverse, especially concerning acceptance of others. The truth is 'the right thing to do' remains a unchanged moral issue for people without faith, while Christians travel every possible path and get defensive when others don't mirror their own personal decisions. Things are only made worse when they don't think for themselves at all and follow the churches community lifestyle choices to the T.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I even became a Muslim to separate myself from hateful christians and Muslims have a better understanding of Jesus than christianity, if you read the NT Jesus never claims to be God. He even specifically says hes inferior, which destroys the doctrine of the trinity being 3 equal God's. Which is POLYtheism fyi.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'm Christian, and I have never met any other Christians who think they are in the only group going to heaven.

Let's check the sources:

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

And directly to you:

1 John 2:3-4
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84thanks. That'll hopefully keep the Christian denial to a minimum.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join