It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Logarock

However I do understand that in this discussion just postulating in a christian frame is taken as condemnation.

Do some Christians not say that ONLY CHRISTIANS will have an afterlife?
If that's not what you think, then I have misinterpreted your beliefs for a long time.

I don't think "being a Christian" is a prerequisite for an afterlife, a soul, or continuation as energy/matter in the universe in some form or another.

Close Buzzy, but depending on the sect of Christianity, they believe everyone will have an afterlife. The question is, where each person will spend it. Eternal death or eternal life. "Hell" or heaven.

Not eternal death.... Eternal torment. Christianity doesn't just believe they get a paradise in the afterlife. They also believe anyone who disagrees with them , will have there soul taken prisoner and tortured for all eternity.

That's why I said "depending on the sect." Not all Christians believe in a literal hell, and eternal torment. The sect I belonged to did, but there are others who believe God just obliterates you, and you cease to exist. What a great guy, huh?

So how is the Christian god, good?!? I'm confused......

Because supposedly, if you go to hell, it's all your fault. You chose to go there, because you didn't choose to accept Christ.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I still stand by what I said. Why would Jesus say those things? Because he knew that by doing things HIS way, you would be reviled. Which means, in many Christians' minds, they must surely be a true follower of Jesus if they suffer for their beliefs.

Before you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I am a former Christian. I was not a Sunday only Christian. I lived and breathed the whole lifestyle and worship thing. Everything I did was due to my beliefs in that vein. I was very devout and enthusiastic. I know the mindset and I accepted it because it was foretold that our faith would be a burden at times. I didn't like it, but accepted it. It was a concept that was addressed more than once in the sermons and casual conversations.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

deliberately inciting resentment and taking it as an omen of divine favor is a terrible cycle.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I completely agree. I'm still dumbfounded as to how I got sucked into all of that stuff.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Without revealing my own beliefs (they are mine and I don't feel the need to press them on others). There are very few things that I actually hate and a religious group is definitely not one of them. I was raised southern baptist but no longer claim a denomination, to me denominations are a way to manipulate people to believe one simple religion in many different ways.

I believe that the original idea of Christianity is wonderful but it has been twisted and raped by man to where it no longer holds credence with me.

I am not saying that I do or do not believe in God but modern Christianity? Nope.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I saw that it was such a sad documentary. Poor indoctrinated home schooled children. Makes me think of the Allegory of the cave.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vault40
Without revealing my own beliefs (they are mine and I don't feel the need to press them on others). There are very few things that I actually hate and a religious group is definitely not one of them. I was raised southern baptist but no longer claim a denomination, to me denominations are a way to manipulate people to believe one simple religion in many different ways.

I believe that the original idea of Christianity is wonderful but it has been twisted and raped by man to where it no longer holds credence with me.

I am not saying that I do or do not believe in God but modern Christianity? Nope.

So how do you feel about ISIS?
And maybe Christianity was always a crock of #. Just took us a while to come to terms with it.
I mean the King James version was found to be pretty accurate compared to the dead sea scrolls, so claiming "twisted and raped" is a little extreme IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I hate the feeling aroused when I hear a variation of Pascal's Wager presented as a genuine argument for why I should convert to Christianity. I also dislike stupidity, which tends to go along with irrationality.

As long as you keep your delusions to yourself, I promise I'll keep mine to myself. (You don't want to know mine)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zackli

Pascal's wager is flawed because it arrogantly assumes that either Christianity is true or Atheism is true, which COMPLETELY neglects every other religion on the planet.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I'm absolutely disgusted by the hypocrisy most Christians exhibit, but no, I don't hate them. Respecting them is another matter altogether though.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They clearly have a persecution complex. It's even written in their own holy book that they will be persecuted.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

And they were persecuted by Rome and by jews at the time.. Holy book didn´t say when and how long, that doesn´t mean Christians having a complex of persecution today or do you disagree ?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your description is slightly wrong.* It doesn't assume that either Christianity is true or atheism is true. It compares the rewards and losses of each particular choice of belief (or lack thereof) in the context of Christianity being true or false.

Christianity is true:
Person A believes in Jesus, is saved and goes to heaven. He won big time.
Person B is an atheist, so he goes to hell. He lost big time.

Christianity is false:
Person C believes in Jesus, but there is no heaven. He doesn't win or lose anything, but at least he lived a good life.
Person D is an atheist, and there is no hell. He doesn't win or lose anything, but at least he doesn't lose anything.

You are right about the problem with Pascal's Wager. It neglects every other religion on the planet, including the billions which have yet to be invented. In the context of other belief systems, atheism might be more respectable than Christianity.

My apologies for the delayed response, I just haven't been on in that long.

*Now that I think about it, your description and my description MIGHT be virtually identical, just in different terms. If that is the case, you are right. I'm leaving this up anyway, because it could be helpful to someone looking for a refresher.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't automatically hate anyone based off of something general, like whether or not they're Christian, atheist, or agnostic. However, if someone says they're Christian, I do automatically think "Oh, they're probably not that smart." That's pretty much it. To be fair, plenty of Christians are highly intelligent, but just have an emotional bias preventing them from questioning their religion.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Funcaldunkal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I just wish every Christian would read the bible cover to cover, and learn it's history and mythological sources before they try debating the issues. I hate ignorance, and Pauline Christianity encourages people to abandon logic. They don't need facts, they have the bible. They become angry when you question the illogical theology they endorse, and threats of hell soon follow. I feel sorry for them, but I can't hate them for being brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One thing I find strange that usually here on ATS when I or others say that we hate Christianity and want to see it gone, some jumped in and accused us of hating Christians and want to see them gone.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alienthat's unfortunate that they equate hatred of a belief system to hatred of the people who believe it. They are so conditioned to consider it persecution that it enforces their beliefs, instead of making them question it. Brainwashing is scientific, and the churches know just how it works.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alienthat's unfortunate that they equate hatred of a belief system to hatred of the people who believe it. They are so conditioned to consider it persecution that it enforces their beliefs, instead of making them question it. Brainwashing is scientific, and the churches know just how it works.

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

That is so true. It's persecution complex they are teaching in some churches.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join