It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Faux News is not a news channel. Here in the UK it's a laughing stock - people point at it and laugh.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Wow, I am amazed, you really have this phobia of Fox news don't you?
You mention it as an insult quite frequently.

Of course. Fox News regularly peddles disinformation, hyperbole, and lies. Why wouldn't I be worried about the country's most popular propaganda outlet? They clearly influence a large population of people who go on to express opinions like yours like they are factual, then vote using those poorly formed opinions.

It's not a good insult, it's kinda juvenile, as I pointed out earlier when I said of your statements
that MSNBC would be proud of you.

I highly doubt MSNBC would be proud of me. I don't align completely with the left. I'm an independent and a Libertarian.

You really need to think of some new insults, this one is getting really old, especially since it is now the #1 all news channels. Even if I don't watch it.

You know. I can't for the life of me remember the last time I used this insult on ATS. Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about my posting history, how about linking me to the last time I used it?

There is no imagined boogy man when
Christians are hunted into making stupid
hypothetical statements
and then send death threats for
making a stupid hypothetical statement
that they were goaded into making -
that is real, not imagined.

THAT ISN'T AN ACTION OF GOVERNMENT! That is citizens of the government exercising their right to free speech. In FACT if you were to try to legislate against this behavior, THAT would be totalitarian. It would help if you actually understood what the government is actually responsible for and what it isn't responsible for.

The reporter went from business to business searching for someone to say what she managed to get the business owner to say and then proceeded to do what ended up in death threats against the business owners and their family.

That is no boogy man. That is real.

Who cares? It is irrelevant to your point about government becoming totalitarian.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

What I am doing here is trying to fight blind prejudice and blind bigotry against Christians for simply being Christians.

Commendable but where do you see that?

You would not make a generalization about all Muslims and say something really really ugly would you?

Huh? You must not be around here much then. People here on ATS have made the worst comments and insults about Muslims. There are posts and threads that proves that. Bad posts about Christians are tame compared to those about Muslims.

Justifying being prejudiced and bigoted toward Christians as acceptable is rampant on this thread.

LOL I'd love for you to point out posters here in this thread that have stated that.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Once again, as an atheist I have no problem with Christians, just as I have no problem with any adherent of any religion. However, I do object when they announce that they have a problem with my beliefs and then try to 'convert' me. I don't want to be converted, I want to be left alone. When Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the front door I'm polite and say no. When leaflets are thrust in my face outside train stations I smile and say no. When people use megaphones and announce that people should convert as the apocalypse is coming I walk the other way. I once had a Christian preacher follow me down the road trying to convince me to accept that Jesus Christ was watching me after I made the mistake of telling him not to bother as I didn't believe. No matter how much I wanted to tell him to bugger off I was instead quiet and polite.
As I said, I don't shout my own personal beliefs at people. Can't people just mind their own business and pay me the same respect? Come to that, why do some religious people feel the need to broadcast their own faith?

For the same reason that the Climate Change worshipers
feel the need to broadcast and promote their own faith.
(That is how I see it, as I believe Climate Change is
a life cycle of the earth as demonstrated by
ice core and geological samples, and not man made)

For the same reason that the government is suggesting
that all people be watched from their smart TV's
to see how long they sit on the couch to monitor
their health. (I have the link listed on other threads,
a recommendation from a government agency)

For the same reason Michelle Obama has forced
schools to change their menus and lower the calories.
Despite evidence that it is too few calories for
children who rely on these meals as their major
source of food, or too few calories for active children.
And the same reason she is out preaching about
what she thinks is the right way for everyone to eat
(even though the state dinners do not in any way
follow those guidelines)

Because people, any people, all people
who feel strongly that something is right
tend to want to tell other people about
it and try to change them to think the way
they do.

It is not just Christians who share their ideas;
everyone does.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I don't want links for a bunch of other stories. I asked for one from your claim. Besides, I've looked into the OUTCOME of your other links and the teachers either violated school policy, were fired for other reasons or the case was dropped.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Who cares? It is irrelevant to your point about government becoming totalitarian.

Government becoming totalitarian:
NSA
TSA
IRS
Cameras recording our every move
on average every 150 feet in the US
(stop lights/atms/security feeds - all
can be taken by the government at any time
and many are run by and owned by the
government)

That's all I need to say.

Theocracy, not going to happen.

Totalitarianism, is happening in the beginning stages as we speak.

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:18:18 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why did you bring those people into this discussion? Climate Change worshipers? LOL. Thanks for the laugh. Anyway those people you mentioned have nothing to do with this topic.

It is not just Christians who share their ideas; everyone does.

Of course silly. Everybody shares ideas. We are not dummies.

We are talking about those few Christians (before you scream at me its not ALL but FEW) that try to impose their beliefs on us.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Why did you bring those people into this discussion? Climate Change worshipers? LOL. Thanks for the laugh. Anyway those people you mentioned have nothing to do with this topic.

It is not just Christians who share their ideas; everyone does.

Of course silly. Everybody shares ideas. We are not dummies.

We are talking about those few Christians (before you scream at me its not ALL but FEW) that try to impose their beliefs on us.

The topic, as posted in the OP

is about

do you "hate" all Christians for simply being Christian?

The topic isn't do you hate a few, but do you hate all.

We are supposed to go with the topic as listed in the OP, not the topic that has morphed, at that point a new thread is warranted.

As for the "climate change", I was making a point by referencing non-Christian ideas that are preached and people think everyone should believe. It was an analogy to make my final point which did relate to the OP.

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:22:05 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Whether you believe it or not, I am not sitting at my keyboard angry, or even upset. I can debate without letting my emotions rule me. Most of the time, any way.

I do not think you, or other Christians are awful people. What I think, is that you don't truly understand your own bible, or you are in denial. All I have to do is point to the bible itself to show why Christianity is incompatible with anything other than itself. Just as Islam and Judaism are. The new testament is full of condemnation, judgement, and hatred for anyone that is not a Christian. All anyone has to do is read it for themselves.

Your own bible judges you as intolerant of anyone and anything that is not Christian. It just uses a thin veil of wise teachings to gloss over the disdain it has for anyone outside the fold.

You aren't talking with someone who hasn't read and studied that book, and its extant texts. I spent a good part of my life on it. I was in denial too.

I have no hatred for you, or any other Christians. Hatred is a thief of energy and focus. I'd rather put my energy and focus into something productive.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Someone here in this thread said that Dominion Theology might be a psyop. That is probably true. However that doesn't change the fact that the far right Christians have and are trying to pass laws in their favor.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

No the OP is about CHRISTIANS HERE ON ATS accusing non-Christians of hating them because they disagree with them. So the OP is asking if we non-Christians ACTUALLY hate them for being Christians.

Edit - In case here's the quote from the OP:
All the time on ATS, when debating the different aspects of Christianity, you will see Christians unhappy with the evidence (true or false) presented begin to accuse any non Christians of hating either Christianity or Christians themselves.
edit on 4/17/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Whether you believe it or not, I am not sitting at my keyboard angry, or even upset. I can debate without letting my emotions rule me. Most of the time, any way.

I do not think you, or other Christians are awful people. What I think, is that you don't truly understand your own bible, or you are in denial. All I have to do is point to the bible itself to show why Christianity is incompatible with anything other than itself. Just as Islam and Judaism are. The new testament is full of condemnation, judgement, and hatred for anyone that is not a Christian. All anyone has to do is read it for themselves.

Your own bible judges you as intolerant of anyone and anything that is not Christian. It just uses a thin veil of wise teachings to gloss over the disdain it has for anyone outside the fold.

You aren't talking with someone who hasn't read and studied that book, and its extant texts. I spent a good part of my life on it. I was in denial too.

I have no hatred for you, or any other Christians. Hatred is a thief of energy and focus. I'd rather put my energy and focus into something productive.

It is clear that you will continue to judge all Christians
by your standard
and you are putting a lot of energy into telling
everyone how terrible the Bible is
and by extension how misguided you think Christians are.

So we are now at a standoff,
you and I are not going to do anything
more than run a dead horse into the ground.

You can think the Bible is horrid if you want to
you can think Christians are misguided and
ignorant for just being Christians

The only thing I ask of you is to stop
generalizing by calling all Christians
intolerant, judgmental
hateful of others,
and condemning.
Those are highly prejudicial and bigoted
statements when you refer to
Christians in general as these things.
But I think you won't stop because you
feel justified in condemning all Christians
because of personal hurts you experienced
in the past by a few.
Or because of how you interpret the New Testament.
Which is the guiding force of Christianity and overrides
the Old Testament where it is not following the #1
commandment
to love your neighbor as yourself.

But since you don't see the command
to love your neighbor as yourself
as the "prime directive" for Christians
you will never have the blinders of prejudice
removed from your eyes.

We are now at an official standoff.
So, let's chill.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Given the massive rise in childhood obesity and diabetes in the USA I think that Michelle Obama is to be commended for talking about school lunches. People need to know about what's in their food. I know that I do. My wife certainly has to, as certain sweeteners give her migraines.
Not sure where you're going with the global warming bit. If you mean global climate change the science is increasingly indisputable that a) it's happening and that b) human industrial activity is playing a major part in it. I write about reinsurance a lot and the reinsurers are terrified of it. But that's irrelevant to this thread.
As for sharing ideas, I don't want anyone to get it into their head that I need converting in any way. I'm an atheist. I don't have a church, I don't have a preacher and I sure as hell don't have any pamphlets to hand out. I don't hate people. Why do people hate atheists though? Is it fear?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Someone here in this thread said that Dominion Theology might be a psyop. That is probably true. However that doesn't change the fact that the far right Christians have and are trying to pass laws in their favor.

Everyone is trying to pass laws in their favor.
That is the way our country works.

Even people who are crazy like me and think all drugs should be over the counter and legal, no prescription needed -
I'd like to pass that law,
isn't going to happen,
but I'd love to try and pass it.

Christians are no different than any other group. LGBT is succeeding in changing laws.
Liberals have passed Obamacare, which most people didn't and don't want.
So why are you holding Christians to a different standard than everyone else.
If the laws don't pass, ok.
If they do, then it was democratically voted on and we'll have to either live with it or overturn it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Given the massive rise in childhood obesity and diabetes in the USA I think that Michelle Obama is to be commended for talking about school lunches. People need to know about what's in their food. I know that I do. My wife certainly has to, as certain sweeteners give her migraines.
Not sure where you're going with the global warming bit. If you mean global climate change the science is increasingly indisputable that a) it's happening and that b) human industrial activity is playing a major part in it. I write about reinsurance a lot and the reinsurers are terrified of it. But that's irrelevant to this thread.
As for sharing ideas, I don't want anyone to get it into their head that I need converting in any way. I'm an atheist. I don't have a church, I don't have a preacher and I sure as hell don't have any pamphlets to hand out. I don't hate people. Why do people hate atheists though? Is it fear?

This example of school lunches and the climate change
were ANALOGIES
as to how people who think their ideas are the best ones, the right ones
the ones that everyone else ought to believe

are no different than people talking about their faith

throw the pamphlet away if you don't want it, don't read it, what does it hurt you

no one forces you to listen to any preacher if you are an adult, don't go to church or watch it on TV

Actually, I think their might be a difference
no Christian is trying to use the force of law to force you to believe and go to church -
which is different than Obama lunches, and Climate Change worshipers

I don't hate atheists. Live and let live.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
You want to be an atheist, ok with me.
Just don't try and force me not to be a Christian.
(which I don't see you doing, it was
a statement for others to ponder.)

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:43:03 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Eh? I don't think you quite understand?

The Christian right passed or is trying to pass the laws SUPPRESSING the rights of others. WHO ELSE is trying to do that?
Please tell me that.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What planet are you from? You must be sheltered.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Eh? I don't think you quite understand?

The Christian right passed or is trying to pass the laws SUPPRESSING the rights of others. WHO ELSE is trying to do that?
Please tell me that.

Those who make thoughts a greater crime than actions (hate crimes that are only enforced on one color of persons)

Those who take a 70 year old woman who employs gay people to court because she didn't want to do a gay wedding, when there were plenty of other florists around.

Those who wish to impose imaginary carbon credits to enrich themselves, to suppress the use of energy by the average person.

Those who say TSA agents can't be fired because they were doing their job, when they "gave" the patting of male genitals to a gay person for fun.www.techdirt.com...

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:48:16 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:49:33 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Never mind we are kinda going off topic.

As per OP's question no we are NOT condemning ALL Christians. We DO NOT hate Christians.

SOME (NOT ALL) have accused us of hating them because we disagree with their beliefs.

Is that simple enough for you?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Government becoming totalitarian:
NSA
TSA
IRS
Cameras recording our every move
on average every 150 feet in the US
(stop lights/atms/security feeds - all
can be taken by the government at any time
and many are run by and owned by the
government)

That's all I need to say.

If you think that is totalitarianism then you truly have no idea what you are talking about. Like I said originally the Bill of Rights inhibits the government from going into full on totalitarian mode. As long as we have that, then there is no chance the government could go fully down this route.

Of course you were lamenting people utilizing their free speech to show disapproval of bigoted businesses and calling it government totalitarianism. So I'm not sure you realize this point.

Again, the point of that original comment was to show WHICH theocracy would be more likely to be put into effect in this country. I wasn't insinuating that a theocracy is imminent in this country. If I were to place odds on it I'd say that a Christian theocracy has a 1% chance of becoming a reality and a Muslim theocracy has a 0.0000000001% chance of becoming a reality. Neither situation is likely, but the Christian chance is greater than the Muslim chance.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join