It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: grandmakdw

You are using hyperbole and straw men to try to prove your point. The government is not now nor will it ever punish people for having "incorrect thoughts or words", unless those words are to incite violence. What the government WILL do is to hold people accountable for discriminating against a group of citizens for no other reason then that they are part of that group.

Unless that group are Christians or Jews.
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

Because right now it is perfectly acceptable to discriminate against
and be prejudiced toward and say bigoted things about Christians and Jews.
That is the national liberal sport of the day.

Like the teacher who was forced out of her job
for simply having a Bible on her desk for personal reading,
she didn't talk to the kids about it, or read aloud from it,
she simply had it on her desk and in her desk,
but yet was fired because she had a politically incorrect book
which reflected politically incorrect thought.

edit on 7Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:20:50 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: format addition links

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Speaking as an atheist, I've never met a fellow atheist who hates Christians as a group. Individual people yes, as we all disagree with people, but as a whole, nope. Why do people think that atheists practice generic mind hate?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

What you are referring to involved private individuals, private organizations and private companies and had nothing to do with the government. The government did not put him in jail, nor did they execute him.

(I can put stuff in large bold type too)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

You are wasting your time. These people can't be reasoned with.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Like the teacher who was forced out of her job for simply having a Bible on her desk for personal reading, she didn't talk to the kids about it, or read aloud from it, she simply had it on her desk and in her desk, but yet was fired because she had a politically incorrect book which reflected politically incorrect thought.

Do you have a link for this? The only one I can find is a male teacher whose students complained that his religious views tainted his science instruction...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Exactly.

Reasoned with, probably not, because they don't see their own prejudice as prejudice

or their own bigotry as bigotry

their own deep seated "hatred" because of a personal event in their life that
they can not overcome, or don't want to overcome

and so they wallow in the bigotry and prejudice

and make it such an integral part of their personality

that they begin to see their bigotry and prejudice as "reality"

well it has become reality for them, in their own little world.

But maybe someone reading this will have their eyes opened and will step out of the mud of bigotry and prejudice.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: mOjOm

Sometimes it makes me wish there really is a God and he's just waiting for these kinds of people so when they meet God is there with a disappointed look on his face and says

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 10:14-15

Judge not, and you will not be judged.

Luke 6:37

Apparently some Christians don't read.

Apparently most of us don't read. In context, anyway. In the verses you quote, Jesus is telling the disciples, when someone rejects their proselytizing, they are to shake the dust off their feet as a testimony against them. The action of shaking the dust off your feet as a christian, is an act of condemnation by the Christian. So much for not judging, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Reasoned with, probably not, because they don't see their own prejudice as prejudice

You do realize this applies to "both sides" of this argument, right? All of this can be said about the staunch prejudices and bigotry that has become part of the Christian mindset...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Exactly.

But maybe someone reading this will have their eyes opened and will step out of the mud of bigotry and prejudice.

You know, you've spent a lot of time turning peoples comments around on them. Maybe it's time you look at what you just wrote, and start practicing what you're preaching from your keyboard pulpit.
edit on 4/17/2015 by Klassified because: i shoulda listened better in english class

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

edit on 4/17/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Lol the irony

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Like the teacher who was forced out of her job for simply having a Bible on her desk for personal reading, she didn't talk to the kids about it, or read aloud from it, she simply had it on her desk and in her desk, but yet was fired because she had a politically incorrect book which reflected politically incorrect thought.

Do you have a link for this? The only one I can find is a male teacher whose students complained that his religious views tainted his science instruction...

I'm looking for a link,

In the meantime
asmainegoes.com...
hamptonroads.com...
rightwingnews.com...
www.maggiesnotebook.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DeadSeraph

A Christian theocracy is FAR more likely than a Muslim theocracy. That's for sure.

I disagree a totalitarian government is the most likely right now.

Then you missed the point of why I said that. I wasn't trying to say what the most likely outcome to our government is going to be. I was comparing the likelihood of two different forms of theocracies becoming our government given the makeup of our country.

The current administration has enlarged the NSA to track literally everyone in the US's phone calls and to save all their emails - just in case they need them for something later - like what?
The current administration is training the American people to quietly accept invasive body searches through the much more invasive rules at the airport, and allowing agents to search little old ladies and forcing them to remove their depends, and feeling up men for fun (check the latest news on that one)

People who have said things in private conversations that might be considered racist are being fired from their jobs and get death threats. That is the national sport of the day among those who seek to have everyone think "properly" - or else, that's not totalitarian is it?

I'm really unconcerned with your evidence here since it wasn't the point I was trying to make. By the way, we won't be becoming a totalitarian government. The only way that could happen is to overturn the bill of rights and Congress is too dysfunctional to do something like that.

Business owners are being literally hunted down for death threats because someone goaded them into saying something stupid. That's not facist is it? Goading someone into saying something and then shutting down their business for saying it.

This has nothing to do with government and is irrelevant to both of our points. Don't conflate the actions of the citizens of the country with the legislation of that country's government. It's dishonest.

National leaders like Al Gore saying everyone who doesn't believe in climate change should be jailed. Well, that's not facist at all, is it?

Al Gore isn't a politician anymore, plus he wasn't serious when he was saying that. That quote was also taken out of context. Though like I just said, he isn't a politician anymore, so who cares what he thinks?

The group that is out hunting for people to suppress
and actually is succeeding in hurting people
in real and concrete ways
are the thought police
(liberal thought being the only acceptable way to think)
and freedom of speech deniers

(don't slip up and say anything even remotely politically incorrect or you might be publicly humiliated and lose your job and your reputation, even if you say it in private, and don't in any way treat anyone badly or with prejudice)

Those people are citizens of the country not government agents. Try again.

Yes, the people with the real power in the US right now
are heading us on the path of a 1984 style totalitarianism,
and that is far far more likely to happen,
because IT IS happening
than a Christian Theocracy.

Not really, but by all means go on living in fear of this imagined bogeyman. Fox News would be proud.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

No, I meant it was a test to see which of his followers would refuse to follow the bad bits and only concentrate on the good bits.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many Muslims do. This group threw over 40 Christians overboard at sea so they would drown. The hatred is everywhere and is growing to feverish new levels.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Sometimes it makes me wish there really is a God and he's just waiting for these kinds of people so when they meet God is there with a disappointed look on his face and says

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 10:14-15

Judge not, and you will not be judged.

Apparently most of us don't read. In context, anyway. In the verses you quote, Jesus is telling the disciples, when someone rejects their proselytizing, they are to shake the dust off their feet as a testimony against them. The action of shaking the dust off your feet as a christian, is an act of condemnation by the Christian. So much for not judging, eh?

As for me, I'm certainly not proselytizing am I?
If people on this thread think I am, I am really bad at it.
Because most of you really really don't like me at all
and think I'm an awful person because my ideas are different than yours.

That is quite clear and has been made clear in other threads.

All I want is the same treatment that other "groups" are given.

Why is it ok to say nasty things about Christians that people would not dream of saying about Muslims or any other group?

But it is acceptable to hunt them down
and try and get them to say stupid things
and then send them death threats after being goaded into saying what they did?

I am fighting bigotry and prejudice.

You would not make a generalization about all Muslims and say something really really ugly would you?
Why then is it ok to do it with Christians?

What I am doing here is trying to fight
blind prejudice
and blind bigotry
against Christians
for simply being Christians.

It is amazing the energy people are spending
on proving they are correct and
it is ok to say the vilest things about Christians
that they would not say about other groups.

Justifying being prejudiced and bigoted toward Christians as acceptable
is rampant on this thread.
And isn't that telling and quite sad.

edit on 8Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:04:42 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Talk about practice what you preach then. I never realised thats what it meant. Even Jesus couldn't do it. Do not judge*

*unless they are not christian, then judge away

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not really, but by all means go on living in fear of this imagined bogeyman. Fox News would be proud.

Wow, I am amazed, you really have this phobia of Fox news don't you?
You mention it as an insult quite frequently.

It's not a good insult, it's kinda juvenile, as I pointed out earlier when I said of your statements
that MSNBC would be proud of you.

You really need to think of some new insults, this one is getting really old, especially since it is now the #1 all news channels. Even if I don't watch it.

There is no imagined boogy man when
Christians are hunted into making stupid
hypothetical statements
and then send death threats for
making a stupid hypothetical statement
that they were goaded into making -
that is real, not imagined.

The reporter went from business to business
searching for someone to say what she managed
to get the business owner to say and then proceeded to do
what ended up in death threats against the business owners and their family.

That is no boogy man. That is real.

edit on 7Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:59:48 -0500am41704amk175 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

When he brought up Sodom he was referring to judging and inhospitablity.

Yes, on the part of the heathens, not the Christians...
Mark 6

11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Sodom and Gomorrah will fare better than those the Christians choose to condemn by shaking the dust off their feet, because those people rejected their proselytizing.
In short, he is telling the disciples to make a judgment against those people. My point being, Christians are to judge actions, just not the person, per se. In this case, the action is rejecting the presence and the preaching of the disciples. Kind of like when you or I don't want a Christian in our home trying to convert us. They can shake the dust from their feet as they leave as a way to condemn us for rejecting them.

Not a point of contention. I was just clarifying.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Once again, as an atheist I have no problem with Christians, just as I have no problem with any adherent of any religion. However, I do object when they announce that they have a problem with my beliefs and then try to 'convert' me. I don't want to be converted, I want to be left alone. When Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the front door I'm polite and say no. When leaflets are thrust in my face outside train stations I smile and say no. When people use megaphones and announce that people should convert as the apocalypse is coming I walk the other way. I once had a Christian preacher follow me down the road trying to convince me to accept that Jesus Christ was watching me after I made the mistake of telling him not to bother as I didn't believe. No matter how much I wanted to tell him to bugger off I was instead quiet and polite.
As I said, I don't shout my own personal beliefs at people. Can't people just mind their own business and pay me the same respect? Come to that, why do some religious people feel the need to broadcast their own faith?

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join