It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Millions of 2 year olds died because they were starved to death and from religious families under various atheist regimes. What the hell is your point?

The OP... Remember that?

Are you under threat from a Christian Theocracy? LOL

No. You aren't.

And far more millions have died under Christian regimes. Not because they are Christian specifically (just like it wasn't atheism that made them murder there citizens) , but because there have been way more Christian theocracies....
edit on 16-4-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Nah. I think I'll just leave you to your frothing. I'm breaking up with you.

aww don't be like that sugar! What happened to the way we were?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Millions of 2 year olds died because they were starved to death and from religious families under various atheist regimes. What the hell is your point?

The OP... Remember that?

No. You aren't.

And far more millions have died under Christian regimes. Not because they are Christian specifically (just like it wasn't atheism that made them murder there citizens) , but because there have been way more Christian theocracies....

You should check your sources. The body count is actually much higher for atheists.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

\"There is a principle which is a bar against all information which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation.\" -Herbert Spencer

^^ Your signature ^^
Might want to consider changing it.

No joke!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Joseph Stalin alone killed more people than the entirety of the inquisition. Literally killed more people than all the kings and bishops and popes combined. Add Pol Pott to that, or Mao. Now add up the bodies and tell me how altruistic atheists are.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.christianpost.com...

Sociologists: 'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture (Interview)

Read more at www.christianpost.com... YKAtrih.99

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

To be fair, if God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, then He is responsible for all deaths, atheist or otherwise. Also responsible for all life, but that's a bit too positive.

Us humans are the problem, not the labels we wear and use to bash each other over the head. You'd think we would have figured that one out by now, but we haven't.

I think it is rather obvious that there are many on the board with hate. The question isn't so much about whether or not one can make others see their own hate, but about how we can grow beyond it regardless of blinders.

As a Christian, do you feel any responsibility to not reciprocate it?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

To be fair, if God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, then He is responsible for all deaths, atheist or otherwise. Also responsible for all life, but that's a bit too positive.

Us humans are the problem, not the labels we wear and use to bash each other over the head. You'd think we would have figured that one out by now, but we haven't.

I think it is rather obvious that there are many on the board with hate. The question isn't so much about whether or not one can make others see their own hate, but about how we can grow beyond it regardless of blinders.

As a Christian, do you feel any responsibility to not reciprocate it?

You are overlooking free will.

As a former Christian, Yes, I do feel responsibility for every life lost, because my crappy little life here is pointless without helping others. It is supposed to be my entire directive.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I looked through a few of my topics to see if there was outrage from those posting on this topic towards, ISIS, so far, nada.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My entire post revolved around free will. In fact, it was focused on yours.

I was speaking about reciprocating hate and division.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

The OP... Remember that?

No. You aren't.

You should check your sources. The body count is actually much higher for atheists.

Dude they haven't even kept up with the collective 1700 years of Christian oppression. Nor the deaths caused by pre Christian judism, which would be the same god. You can get bent that the last 100 years have out done the last 5000 in death toll.

Hell I bet if you went by per capit, the numbers would change drastically in leaders by the numbers.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You need to consider population density. There have been solid estimates about the deaths caused by the inquisition alone for instance, and they are estimated at the tens of thousands. Stalin literally killed millions, and he is just one example of an atheist despot.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I would like to consider this further if it's ok with you and everyone else here.

Why is it God's fault if men kill each other?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Joseph Stalin alone killed more people than the entirety of the inquisition. Literally killed more people than all the kings and bishops and popes combined. Add Pol Pott to that, or Mao. Now add up the bodies and tell me how altruistic atheists are.

Th e atheist atrocities fallacy
edit on 4/16/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

He created the universe. He set everything into motion knowing exactly where it would lead. And, given the previous parameters, it directly dictates a responsibility by proxy, at the very least.

We have will, but perhaps not as "free" as we would like to think.. Beyond our own perspective, it becomes difficult to determine if such a concept even really exists.

Regardless, humans are responsible for their own actions, but you might have skipped over parts of my post. The problems originate in humanity itself, rather than any specific ideology.

I happen to believe it is part of a larger plan, but that is neither here nor there.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: zazzafrazz

Doesn't look like a Right Wing Fundamental Christian to me.

Can't imagine her being against a woman's right to her body or LGBT equality or stem cells or ...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That was one of the most biased and poorly sourced pieces of crap I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

Seriously.

The entire thing was written as an answer to Christian apologetics, which is in itself atheist apologetics. All one has to do is open a history book to see how many people have been killed by atheists, and the number is STAGGERING. If you are willing to define each of these murders under various sub categories in an effort to remove them from the cause of atheism, than you should allow Christians to do the same thing via decree of kings, etc.

Either way, the numbers simply don't add up. Atheists have the higher body count by far. There is no getting around that fact

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Free will is a myth. God has this habit of committing genocide whenever thing are not going his was and the people are sining too much. That hardly sounds like free will. In fact, I would say that sounds pretty totalitarian.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Great point, Serdgiam. I have pondered this often. I have some thoughts on it, I'm just not sure if you would be interested in hearing them, or if this is even the thread to share them? Say the word and we can speculate further on this

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

You forgot about Him setting His bow in the sky?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join