It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Just thought I'd leave this here. A little insight into the Christian right and their goals.

34% of Your Fellow Citizens Want a Theocracy

When asked whether they would favor or oppose establishing Christianity as the official state religion in their state, 34% of respondents were in favor (with 20% "strongly" in favor). You read that correctly: 34% in favor of establishing Christianity as the state religion, as in creating a theocracy. There's more: when asked whether they would favor an amendment to the U.S. Constitution making Christianity the official religion of the United States, 32% said yes. This was a national poll; imagine what the numbers must have been in Alabama, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

For over a decade, polls have consistently reported that 30-40% of our fellow citizens self-describe themselves as "born again" or "evangelical" and believe that Biblical prophecies accurately predict a detailed sequence of end-times events. Their leaders control both the vast Christian broadcasting movement and great swaths of the Republican Party at the precinct and state level. The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life estimates that groups representing these citizens spend about $390 million each year to lobby the Federal government to impose their religion-based agenda on the rest of us. This demographic also has the highest voting record around -- 85% of their eligible voters turn out for elections. They are not disappearing and, despite the recent successes of the marriage equality movement, they continue to win victories in the culture war they have fought for 30 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I don't mean to be a dick when I say this, but if there is one person on this entire website whose opinion means less to me than dirt, it's yours. I really couldn't care less what you think about me.

Quite the charmer, you are.

What do you mean to be when you say things like that? You mad, bro? Just because some people know things that you don't want to hear?
Very Christian. Indeed, Christ-like, to the max.

*sips coffee*

Hey - did you hear the one about the woman and her churchy friends who starved a 2-year-old death and then tried to "resurrect" him by shouting at him? The adults living in the home thought he was 'demon-possessed'.
Yeah - she got arrested.
Woman Arrested in Attempt to Resurrect Child: Police

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

A two-year old died.
In Texas. His parents and the woman starved him to death.

This week. Tuesday.
You find that funny?

A woman who operated a church at her suburban Dallas home has been arrested for allegedly helping starve a 2-year-old boy to rid him of a "demon," then holding a resurrection ceremony shortly after he died to try to revive him, investigators said Tuesday.

April 14, 2015.

edit on 4/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Millions of 2 year olds died because they were starved to death and from religious families under various atheist regimes. What the hell is your point?

The OP... Remember that?

Are you under threat from a Christian Theocracy? LOL

No. You aren't.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Atheists and agnostics would actually do well to team up with the minority of Christians who follow their own teachings. Their goals are pretty much aligned across the board, but I suspect ideological differences will just lead to more bias confirmation and division.

A world run by people filled with love and wisdom doesn't sound so bad.. Of course, a theocracy would contain none of the above. It is just another form of control using whatever banner is convenient and effective. And the adherents of the label tend to blindly follow, again because of bias confirmation and division.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Livin' the dream right now.
Kansas.

Look it up.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Livin' the dream right now.
Kansas.

Look it up.

Wow. I'm so sorry! I just googled Kansas. I didn't realize hippies were being systematically persecuted by Christians there...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Dude - what the hell is the matter with you?

Your ugliness and refusal to discuss things maturely is really something.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Just decided to present a mirror to you. Whats the matter? Don't like what you see?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

\"There is a principle which is a bar against all information which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation.\" -Herbert Spencer

^^ Your signature ^^
Might want to consider changing it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Starred.

The thing is, they have a damn good head start. Christianity, and it's mores permeate our society as it is. We are only now beginning to come out from under the heavy handed influence of the church. Seeing this happening has caused a renewed vigor to get it back under control, and become even more oppressive. Getting back to the topic of the thread in earnest though.

If there is any hatred aimed at Christians themselves, it would be over the same thing it has been for several centuries. Christianity's incompatibility with the rest of society, and their penchant for forcing or cajoling their beliefs on the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

\"There is a principle which is a bar against all information which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation.\" -Herbert Spencer

^^ Your signature ^^
Might want to consider changing it.

You should probably reread it. Honestly. I don't think you are grasping what that statement is getting at. At all.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Nope - don't hate Christians. I have family members and good friends who consider themselves Christians. If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

Lol and if I make negative comments about black people, it's only about the ones who use their race as a justification for violence and to discriminate or control other peoples lives. How come I don't get a free pass?

Well, also forgot to mention, and I'm not being sarcastic, that I have several black friends, as a matter of fact, probably more black and latino friends than I do white friends. I guess it probably has something to do with growing up in North Vegas.
edit on 16-4-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

heartbreaking, as heartbreaking as the adults and children murdered rapped stoned and crucified and beheaded by ISIS,

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, put some time and energy into something other then Christianity, this is why I don't believe all atheist posting on ATS are really atheist, they are something other.

Where is he outrage when it comes to other religions?

APR 14, 2015

'I grabbed my children and ran' -- Families flee ISIS in Iraq

www.cnn.com...

Moments later, we see the impact: An endless stream of humanity, shell shocked, and exhausted. Parents cradle babies in blankets, some struggle under the weight of their belongings, some carry small plastic bags, while others nothing but the children clutching at their hands.

Cars are not permitted to cross this bridge across the Euphrates. The government feels that restricting vehicles will decrease the likelihood of explosives making their way into Iraq's capital.

Those too young or too tired to walk pile into metal carts pushed by boys or young men, normally used to carry produce to markets. An elderly woman sits in one, a child in her arms, a worn down plastic doll in her hand.

And in the meantime, Wasserman Schultz , think killing ok a seven pound baby in the womb is OK.

edit on 103030p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You haven't read ANY of the materials presented to you here in this thread, have you?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Storm, you know me better than that.
I have been active on this board for a while, now. I speak up against all atrocities and primitive barbarism. I'm not an atheist, in case you've forgotten.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I've read as much of them as you have read of mine. You finish that equation for me, mmk?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Nah. I think I'll just leave you to your frothing. I'm breaking up with you.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Nope - don't hate Christians. I have family members and good friends who consider themselves Christians. If I make any negative comments about Christians, I am talking about the ones who use their religious affiliation to discriminate or control other people's personal lives.

Lol and if I make negative comments about black people, it's only about the ones who use their race as a justification for violence and to discriminate or control other peoples lives. How come I don't get a free pass?

I would like to apologise in advance.

Your post made sense, therefore it'll be ignored.

But thanks for playing!

All kidding aside, what you say makes sense. I guess that's what irked me by all of this.

I've heard all my life, "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are (white, black, brown, etc)" And that is said right before/after a racist comment is made from that person.

So when I read, "I don't hate christians, why one of my bestest friends goes to church" I thought "ooh boy, here we go again".

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join