It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of Europe and the USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: crazyewok

Nuclear war huh ? Yeah, I've been hearing that since the 1970's. But if you want to fall for all the doom and scare tactics the governments put's out be my guest.

Yeah and the reason we haven't had a nuclear war is Russia has not been stupid enough to march into NATO lands and NATO has not been stupid enough to march into Russias lands.
edit on 15-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Nope that's not the reason.

The reason is nobody is stupid enough to start a nuclear war. Because everyone knows nobody would win.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nope that's not the reason.

The reason is nobody is stupid enough to start a nuclear war. Because everyone knows nobody would win.

War is always stupid and history is full of wars. There just hasn't been a good enough reason to use the nuke option.

No offense to soldiers who risk their lives to ensure peace and I'm aware as a taxpayer I'm no better and certainly don't have the answers. Just saying for some things there's no one on this planet who has the answers, if certain lines are crossed in the future nukes will be flying.
edit on 15-4-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

. Pakistan and India both hate each The nuclear armed countries have been in a perpetual state of war since 1947. Despite religious fanaticism even they aren't stupid enough to use their nuclear weapons.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
What happened during the Falkland war btw? did the Americans do anything to help either side?...never really thought of the question?.

Well, yeah. The Falklands conflict made America uncomfortable as they were busy trying to arrange a coup in Argentina and to support the UK (and the Islanders who had made their own feelings clear and just to be completely covered the Falklands are not in Argentinian water) would have helped blow that. Reagan is on record apologising to Thatcher for the initial lack of even moral support.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

a reply to: Jonjonj

I think the proper question is not would we but should we. It is my firm opinion that you guys never learn. We have events again playing out very similar to World War II. And what does Europe do ? Once again they practice appeasement.

I think the proper question is this. What does the US do in times of war? Sit off and wait to see which side gets the upper hand, or are you trying to say that you were against appeasement in WW2?

Make lots of money?

originally posted by: Britguy
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What "Isolationism"?
For much of it's history, the USA has been fighting wars of their own making overseas, for corporate profit. Hardly isolationism, by any stretch of the imagination.

I think there is a growing feeling across Europe that the US doesn't give a damn about Europeans and what is best for us, which is of course absolutely true. As a result, I hope the calls for distancing ourselves from the US, and also closing their military bases in our countries will become a policy. We don't need them and, despite all the fabricated "Russian Aggression" BS we are bombarded with, the simple fact is that the current problems wouldn't exist if it were not for the US and their bought, bribed or blackmailed vassals in Europe selling out their own people.

As for the UK, we don't need American bases, troops or aircraft here, and they are not stationed here to protect us, but as a simple launch point for US instigated aggression elsewhere, which of course also makes us complicit and a target for any blowback.

Hear, Hear!!!

The sooner foreign WMD are removed from our soil, the better.

Also, I actually think the American PTB are fomenting war in Europe. I think they are doing this because they believe themselves sane. They remember how fat America grew supplying the UK and our Commonwealth with arms etc. and they want a repeat performance. It took us 60 years to clear the war debt for all the 'help' we received then. If war does break out in Europe, you can bet there will be further decades of debt payments to be made.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

You do realize the only country to repay their war debt was in fact the UK. Most of the money the US spent was never repaid and it wont be repaid. So to say its to make money is stupid it was a huge expense. American politicians at the time were more concerned with building up Western Europe into a viable economic/military block that could withstand a Soviet onslaught, so the government was extremely forgiving with most European countries' loans (the one possible exception was West Germany, but even they were allowed to forget a good portion of their debts after they reunted again). And of course the Russians never even considered paying theirs so the US was out a huge amount of money.Also the reason i have the utmost respect for the brits they kept their word!!
edit on 4/15/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You do realize the only country to repay their war debt was in fact the UK. Most of the money the US spent was never repaid and it wont be repaid. So to say its to make money is stupid it was a huge expense. American politicians at the time were more concerned with building up Western Europe into a viable economic/military block that could withstand a Soviet onslaught, so the government was extremely forgiving with most European countries' loans (the one possible exception was West Germany, but even they were allowed to forget a good portion of their debts after they reunted again). And of course the Russians never even considered paying theirs so the US was out a huge amount of money.Also the reason i have the utmost respect for the brits they kept their word!!

The US goverment did not make money.

But thats on you the tax payer who they dont give a # about.

No its people and corperations that made the money.
The whole bush dynasty was built on selling supplys to the NAZIs

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The US goverment did not make money.

But thats on you the tax payer who they dont give a # about.

No its people and corperations that made the money.
The whole bush dynasty was built on selling supplys to the NAZIs

So the argument went from the US trying to make money like world war. When I pointed out the US lost money defending Europe and many European countries just didn't pay. This ruled out you the US is just trying to make poor Europeans be in debt for decades like you said by the way. So when shown to be wrong now you move to Bush company that held money for a man by the name of August thyssen.It was a holding company basically a bank to allow a Russian steel magnet to hold offshore money. Bush made a grand total of 125.00 owning 1 share. The money was later confiscated in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy act. Meaning once again your talking like you know something but turns out you dont. what to keep trying so far your 0 and 2.

Tell you what in the future just might want to say I hate Amaricans instead of disguise ot with what you believe happened in world War 2.
edit on 4/16/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This ruled out you the US is just trying to make poor Europeans be in debt for decades like you said by the way.

Actually no I did not say that.

Please quote were I said that?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't know about these other amerifags, but as an individual if I was seeing Britain in peril I would feel obliged to help. It's heritage, you know, we're still family over here. You won't get a big embrace from the US like you might've in the old days though, not everyone here has that same feeling or same heritage, especially here in Florida. If shi'ite goes down though you can bet I'll do my part.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

If I was visiting my daughter in Nottingham and I saw what you described ,OBVIOUSLY I would get up and palpate said offender both for personal amusement and because it's wrong.
Now as to why they haven't ,just tell me how many charges I would face for doing so,once I'm arrested for it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Perhaps we should petition the EU to fork over their unpaid bills...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: dragonridr

Perhaps we should petition the EU to fork over their unpaid bills...

Forget it.

You wont see a cent from those deadbeats.

Why do you think half the UK wants to leave the EU?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join