It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism and Monotheism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Seeing as there are many parallels in Abrahamic religions to that which they could be said to based on, such as Ancient Egyptian Atenism, which like Apollo cult was a form of sun worship, which is clearly evident in Christianity today (12 disciples etc).

en.wikipedia.org...

Atenism
Main article: Atenism
The Egyptians did have an aberrant period of some form of monotheism during the New Kingdom, in which the pharaoh Akhenaten abolished the official worship of other gods in favor of the sun-disk Aten. This is often seen as the first instance of true monotheism in history, although the details of Atenist theology are still unclear. The exclusion of all but one god was a radical departure from Egyptian tradition and some see Akhenaten as a practitioner of monolatry rather than monotheism,[16][17] as he did not actively deny the existence of other gods; he simply refrained from worshipping any but the Aten. Under Akhenaten's successors Egypt reverted to its traditional religion, and Akhenaten himself came to be reviled as a heretic.[18][19]

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Zodiac

In " The Christ Conspiracy", Acharya S elucidates that the many motives as to why these narratives are so similar, with a godman who is crucified and resurrected, and who does miracles and has 12 disciples, is that these stories were all based on the movements of the Sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the planet because the Sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe. Or in other words, Jesus Christ and all the others upon whom this character is predicated are personifications of the Sun, and the Gospel fable is merely a rehash of a mythological formula revolving around the movements of the Sun through the heavens.

For instance, many of the world's crucified godmen have their traditional birthday on December 25th ("Christmas"). This is because the ancients recognized that from an earthcentric perspective the Sun makes an annual descent southward until December 21st or 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops moving southerly for three days and then starts to move northward again. During this time, the ancients declared that "God's Sun" had "died" for three days and was "born again" on December 25th.

The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the Sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if the Sun continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "Sun of God's" birthday on December 25th.

The following are the characteristics of the "Sun of God"
In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the Sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
The Sun is the "Light of the World."
The Sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
The Sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
The Sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.
The Sun "walks on water."
The Sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the Sun must pass.
The Sun at 12:00 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.
The Sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.
The Sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.
The Egyptian Pharaohs also identified themselves in life with the Sun god Horus and in death with his father Osiris. These myths identified the Pharaoh as both the earthly form of the royal falcon god who triumphed over his enemies and the pious son who claims the throne after the death of his father. Whilst Osiris ruled the dead in the underworld, Horus ruled the living. Horus and Osiris, just like Jesus, became interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one"). Horus, who predates the Christ by 3000 years shared the following in common with him.

Horus was called "Iusa/Iao/Iesu/Iusha" the "KRST," with Iusha even contributing to the name of Jesus which in Hebrew of course is Yeshua (Iusha). In the Old Testament, it is Joshua (Iusha) son of Jacob.
Horus became born of the virgin Isis-Meri (Mary) on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").
He was of royal descent.
At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.
He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").
He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.
Horus walked on water.
His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."
He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."
Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected.
He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God’s Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys"), Lamb and Lion.
He came to fulfill the Law.
Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One."
Horus's principal enemy was "Set" (biblical Seth) or "Sata" (Satan) Set represents the Serpent of the Night. Horus is the Golden Sun (Son) it becomes the struggle between day and night for supremacy.
Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Another problem I have with your theory is that as a non-believer myself, I actually support the protection of Religious Freedom. I understand the importance of being protected in your right to Believe in whatever you personally want to believe. I also support the concept that such a Freedom should extend to everyone equally while placing nobody over or under anyone else in their Belief or non-belief. I also support the separation of Religion from Politics too. Both for the security and functionality of both Religion and Government.

I also think there are many non-believers who think like me as well and in no way would ever support a war against Religion. I also would not support a Religious War against others either. The separation of ones Personal Beliefs from what might be their Political Duties should always be understood and in place. At the same time I support the Right to Believe what you want, that support stops once your beliefs become actions that impede on others freedoms.

Upon reflection about what I just wrote however it might be that I am in the minority as far as this thinking goes and that may be by design and in line with your theory to some degree. I have suspected for a while now that the upper tiers of Religious orders have been hijacked and willing trying to destroy their institutions from within by basically being complete douche bags for lack of a better term. They might be thinking that if they cause enough people to be pissed at at Religion that those that don't join in it's destruction will at least stand aside while it happens. This is about the only way in which I can think that your theory makes any sense though. If that's true then I think perhaps you still need some work on figuring out who's who as far as your enemy and your allies are.

But I will agree that for some reason, someone is poking at everyone trying to provoke some kind of violent reaction. From my POV it's Religion against Religion. But that may just be an act on their part to confuse who is to blame for what. Does any of that sound plausible???
edit on 15-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Disregarding the lack of evidence for those claims, I fail to see how that makes atheists catholic. Atheists disbelieve in ALL gods. That includes polytheistic ones too.

doesn't matter, they created the narrative, or rather, let the cat out of the bag, so they could control it. they no longer care if you're religious or not, cause they control what the scientific community is allowed to know as well.

And its about time for me to exist this thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

atheism is no god, i know, but in the act of declaring no god, you make yourself omniscient and therefore are proclaiming you are god (how could you prove there's no god? you can't, so it's like schrodinger's cat lol.) but not just god, the only god. like you got no room in yer heart for any gods other than you. ya see how that works? and like agent smith in the matrix, there are many clones of this idea, islands onto themselves that agree in unison that they are the only god.

it's a philosophical puzzle.

you make yourself omniscient and therefore are proclaiming you are god

I am sorry that is just non sense.

(how could you prove there's no god? you can't, so it's like schrodinger's cat lol.

The thing is you can't prove a negative. Meaning, if there is no god there will never be a way to prove that. Anyway, atheists don't claim they can disprove the existence of a god/gods. They simply do not believe that a god/gods exist.

like you got no room in yer heart for any gods other than you.

Now you are doing what someone already point out again. You are putting words in peoples mouths and trying to tell them what they believe. That comes offs as being very manipulative on your part.
edit on 15-4-2015 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12
I'm just going to call BS on your statement there. If you honestly believe scientific information is not filtered before it hits the public, you are sadly mistaken. The very people the OP is discussing, " The Papacy " control ALL major universities, corporations, their figure heads, and more importantly , all the funding that is given to " scientific studies ". They control the flow of information.

If you believe that it is filtered then you need to produce evidence that that is the case. You can't just say it is so because you believe it to be so.

You don't TOW the line, you no longer have a career, your discredited, and whatever truthful research you have is kept hidden only to be used by the " elite". Thats how this works. Knowledge is power and the general public typically has none. Those who release it ( you know guys like Ed Snowden/ Nikola Resla ) are pursued, imprisoned, publicly torn to pieces, set up, bankrupted or assassinated. You clearly do not know who the Jesuits are or how large their sphere of influence truly is...Beware of the Jesuits and their Black Pope

reply to KrazyShot

The only people who lose their careers are the ones who post fraudulent material, hoaxes, or non-scientific studies. If you follow the scientific method and present your conclusions, you will have no adverse effects to your career regardless if your conclusion is right or wrong. The whole scientists being discredited crap is just a complete lie.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So in your world, not being a theist (making you an Atheist) makes you a theist (Catholic no less)...

Is this really how far you have to go inorder to denigrate groups of people you dislike?

What has made you fear/hate these two groups to the point where you're attempting to make such a ridiculous connection?

edit on 15-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Is this the thread you're referencing?

All Roads Lead to Rome

I have not read it, but your description of it sounds interesting.

I will have to give it a read. This theory is not something I have heard of. I'm somewhat familiar with conspiracy theories that the RCC wants to bring all religions under its fold by slowly watering them down and making them new age. A one world religion for a one world order type of thing. I'm not sure if I believe that, but I definitely felt there was some interesting evidence to suggest it. Things like big TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) personalities slowly changing their messages to embrace the RCC (many Christians disdain the RCC), or other unBiblical things.

Could be a conspiracy. Could just be people's opinions changing over time.

Anyway.. As much as I dislike organized religion, I disagree that genociding the faithful is the way to go.

I also disagree that as an atheist I've been chosen for anything like you've suggested. I pretty much agree with mOjOm in these regards. So I won't elaborate to essentially repeat the same points.

I think the OP is trying to lead to the idea that the Illuminati is not an organized religion per se, but trying to make it an organized religion. That is why so many are drawn and captured by Richard Dawkins and the like, because they don't read what he actually wrote, and parrot what he says because they heard it from someone else. Much like people repeat misconceptions and lies about the Bible, because they heard what someone else said about it.

Maybe he is trying to say TPTB is really an atheistic "church" and controlling the masses, but certain people are being chosen to be part of this world organization, without seeking who the TPTB are.

Is there a world philosophy? Yes, there is. Is there a worldwide agenda to promote atheism? Yes, there is. I think the OP is trying to say the Roman church is doing this because the Roman church has built the most universities.

I think the OP is anti-Catholic, because the OP is trying to repeat what they heard in youtube videos.

TPTB, they can only control by taking away the ability of people to read. I am not worried about TPTB, because whoever is in that organization are just human beings that will die like everyone else. But when it comes to belief, that is individual. I really don't believe there is an Illuminati. If there is, they sure are doing a poor job at keeping themselves secret.

The OP seems to think TPTB are Jesuits. That is an old claim, from back in the time in America when people thought the Roman Church through the Jesuits were trying to control the world. Nothing new. And that was what people thought when Kennedy became president, that we would go under the control of the Roman Church.

We didn't. But people seem to think that still.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Is there a worldwide agenda to promote atheism? Yes, there is.

I can imagine that the spread of reason and rationality must be scary to anyone wallowing in a self delusional worldview and how it would lead to such a conclusion, but not even time warping alien agents or supernatural firemen could make this claim accurate.

It's just that christian persecution complex..........again

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Is there a worldwide agenda to promote atheism? Yes, there is.

I can imagine that the spread of reason and rationality must be scary to anyone wallowing in a self delusional worldview and how it would lead to such a conclusion, but not even time warping alien agents or supernatural firemen could make this claim accurate.

Reason and rationality, where did you learn that idea?

Good for you, showing us once again that "reason and rationality" are reserved for the atheist crowd. Methinks you are atheist because it is popular.

Christian persecution complex? Whew, I thought you were seriously investing energy into the grey matter, forcing those electro-chemical impulses to fire up, motoring those cells into hyperdrive, but alas, just a popular notion once again.

So are you saying that as a Christian reason and rationality are far from me? And then say it is Christian persecution complex...hmmm.

By the way, you will discover that I am the Queen of the joint assimilated kingdoms of Snark and Sarcasm. It takes a lot of energy to reign there, sometimes I have believed many impossible things before breakfast.

Reason and rationality, let's go with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Reason and rationality, where did you learn that idea?

They're quite old concepts that you really should look into...

Good for you, showing us once again that "reason and rationality" are reserved for the atheist crowd.

Well one group believes in supernatural sky wizards.....

Methinks you are atheist because it is popular.

Popularity? is that what formed your worldview then?

Atheists make up 3% of the worlds population so you really have your work cut out with that one.

Christian persecution complex? Whew, I thought you were seriously investing energy into the grey matter, forcing those electro-chemical impulses to fire up, motoring those cells into hyperdrive, but alas, just a popular notion once again.

No I engaged my soul/spirit....and found Christians comparing the lash-back to their persecution of gay folk to a christian holocaust....on this very forum no less.

But then I guess it is popular amongst Christians so....

So are you saying that as a Christian reason and rationality are far from me? And then say it is Christian persecution complex...hmmm.

A great example of said complex, I point out the lack of both reason and rationality and you cry 'persecution!' lol

y the way, you will discover that I am the Queen of the joint assimilated kingdoms of Snark and Sarcasm. It takes a lot of energy to reign there, sometimes I have believed many impossible things before breakfast.

Reason and rationality, let's go with that.

Sure, just check it with the apparent supernatural fireman that you think saved your life while leaving literally millions of others to a much worse fate.....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

There is a concept in social engineering that the narrator can control how a topic is approached by either acceptance or rejection. The acceptance of a narrative is frequently seen as brainwashing while the rejection is viewed as "correct." The entire goal is to prevent a personal and individual search for knowledge or understanding. Most who reject the subject will do so along already present lines in the narrative. This is a position that is VERY unlikely to result in any sort of science or search, as most time will be spent denying the narrative. Most who accept it with no questioning will end up at the same spot, just by a different road. They will spend all of their time defending the narrative.

Neither position will lead to much of anything besides bias confirmation.

It's actually quite fascinating, but in my experience, it is outside of most people's ability to comprehend. LesMiserable actually has a thread on the same rough idea, but from a different perspective. I have seen the idea presented a few times, but it usually just turns into the typical atheist/theist poo-fest.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

i step on your toe and say its because you're an atheist. i call you an idiot, illogical, and by virtue of the fact you haven't given away all your money to the poor, call you a greedy bastard to boot.

you read in the news that people overseas are now killing atheists, enmasse and that there are no more atheists in whole countries in the middle east.

you read a document that states, as the world progresses, atheists will be killed in greater and greater numbers. as if to prove the point, that very thing starts to happen.

back here at home, the government starts coming up with new business laws that are decidedly anti-atheist and groups of roaming theists seek out the places of business owned by atheists and ask them for evidence that they're following the new business laws. when you don't, they shut down your business and threaten bodily harm on your family members.

when you decide you'd better get a gun so you can protect yourself and your family from theists, theists accuse you of being a blood thirsty, violent psychopath.

realizing you're getting the short end of the stick you begin to complain in public forums, in hopes that the negative direction everything is going in, will be slowed or stopped, only to find groups of theists accusing you of imagining the whole thing, and in fact, you're probably wishing it on yourself, and perhaps you should stop or else it may actually come true (ignore the fact it is already happening)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Aww, reason and rationality, from the Enlightenment and Age of Reason, right?

Even the Greek philosophers believed in God and gods. They managed to incorporate reason and rationality into their belief systems, so you don't have anything on that.

I didn't say anything about being persecuted, but hey, if you think that being disagreed with means persecution, I noticed your knee jerk reaction.

So you don't believe the anecdotal? I don't really care, you weren't there and you weren't in the lives of the billions of people who have had experiences beyond your capability to accept that there is something more to this world than just the natural.

But that's your right, you can believe whatever you want, I don't feel persecuted by you. Why did you assume I was making any statement toward persecution? Are you so brainwashed to believe that if we don't agree with the paradigm that we act like little babies? Hmm, you are the one who thinks that I was acting like I was being persecuted and therefore have a complex.

Look at this, of all the non-believers and atheists on this thread so far, it is only you that had that knee jerk. Perhaps you are the one who smacked your knee with the hammer, you are a little sensitive.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

i step on your toe and say its because you're an atheist. i call you an idiot, illogical, and by virtue of the fact you haven't given away all your money to the poor, call you a greedy bastard to boot.

you read in the news that people overseas are now killing atheists, enmasse and that there are no more atheists in whole countries in the middle east.

you read a document that states, as the world progresses, atheists will be killed in greater and greater numbers. as if to prove the point, that very thing starts to happen.

back here at home, the government starts coming up with new business laws that are decidedly anti-atheist and groups of roaming theists seek out the places of business owned by atheists and ask them for evidence that they're following the new business laws. when you don't, they shut down your business and threaten bodily harm on your family members.

when you decide you'd better get a gun so you can protect yourself and your family from theists, theists accuse you of being a blood thirsty, violent psychopath.

realizing you're getting the short end of the stick you begin to complain in public forums, in hopes that the negative direction everything is going in, will be slowed or stopped, only to find groups of theists accusing you of imagining the whole thing, and in fact, you're probably wishing it on yourself, and perhaps you should stop or else it may actually come true (ignore the fact it is already happening)

Touche...well played.

(Wish I knew how to do those French characters on my keyboard)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

you wouldn't believe some of the crap i've had to put up with since i became a christian. some of it is so bad, i could've sued at least 50 people for millions of dollars, but that's not how i deal with people treating me badly. someone else might, and i don't begrudge them that, i just think problems of that nature are not actually the fault of the people committing them, as i think all of this has been artificially manipulated (and not by the people themselves)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

you wouldn't believe some of the crap i've had to put up with since i became a christian. some of it is so bad, i could've sued at least 50 people for millions of dollars, but that's not how i deal with people treating me badly. someone else might, and i don't begrudge them that, i just think problems of that nature are not actually the fault of the people committing them, as i think all of this has been artificially manipulated (and not by the people themselves)

I do believe it.

They are naturally inclined to be skeptical, but sometimes their skepticism is thrown over for what is popular. And that isn't reasonable or logical.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I do believe it.

They are naturally inclined to be skeptical, but sometimes their skepticism is thrown over for what is popular. And that isn't reasonable or logical.

it's really not their fault, nor ours. we are all catholics of one sort or another. lol
help me obi wan kenobi.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I do believe it.

it's really not their fault, nor ours. we are all catholics of one sort or another. lol
help me obi wan kenobi.

Well, since Catholic does mean universal, then in a broad sense, we all could be.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Do atheists have superstitions surrounding a jew from 2000 years ago that preached that you should give everything you own to the poor? Or is it Christians?....

But who has called you an idiot or a greedy bastard? is this more of the CPC (christian persecution complex)?

you read in the news that people overseas are now killing atheists, en mass and that there are no more atheists in whole countries in the middle east.

Atheists don't have fox news lying to them on a daily basis as Christians do, so no....

A document? just the one? was it on a christian web site? can you source it?

I cant find any source to support this claim, but I have heard similar claims being parroted here on ATS.

If atheists had put in a law that enabled them to act like bigots in 2015 to certain parts of society (gays) then they should expect some kind of lashback.

But the worst part would be them crying out 'persecution!' for people having issues with their bigoty...

If you live in the west, in the US no less, a country ruled by Christians with an overwhelming christian majority and no christian massacres, and you still buy a firearm to protect yourself from persecution because of what fox news has told you.....well yeah your a bit psychopathic.

This entire post is exactly what I was talking about, Christians whining about persecution because they not allowed to persecute, while living in the US......it's hilarious and tragic at the same time.

You're the caricature ill point to whenever people claim there are no christians with a persecution complex.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

Aww, reason and rationality, from the Enlightenment and Age of Reason, right?

Even the Greek philosophers believed in God and gods. They managed to incorporate reason and rationality into their belief systems, so you don't have anything on that.

So what? they still held irrational beliefs in gods and ghouls. However, they at least had the excuse of living thousands of years ago.....

I didn't say anything about being persecuted, but hey, if you think that being disagreed with means persecution, I noticed your knee jerk reaction.

You said there is 'a worldwide agenda to promote atheism', and its part of the christian persecution complex.

And you've even acknowledged it exists when you replied to Undo's last post.....touché!

So you don't believe the anecdotal? I don't really care, you weren't there and you weren't in the lives of the billions of people who have had experiences beyond your capability to accept that there is something more to this world than just the natural.

People lie and make things up all the time, they even lie to attempt to give their irrational beliefs some kind of legitimacy as they're aware that their tall tales are completely without merit without some kind of evidence.

And again with the appeal to popularity....

But that's your right, you can believe whatever you want, I don't feel persecuted by you. Why did you assume I was making any statement toward persecution? Are you so brainwashed to believe that if we don't agree with the paradigm that we act like little babies? Hmm, you are the one who thinks that I was acting like I was being persecuted and therefore have a complex.

......'a worldwide agenda to promote atheism' lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join