It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: tanka418

Haha, thanks for the reply!

Game Changer
In theory, maglev train technology could redefine city-to-city travel in dramatic ways. The 4,200-kilometer journey from New York to San Francisco, with no stops, could be covered in seven hours at this speed. A London-Paris journey via the Channel Tunnel, one of the most popular high-speed routes, would take 50 minutes, about one-third of the current time.

www.bloomberg.com...

New York to San Francisco in 7 hours? Kind of slow...the SR-71 will do that in 90 minutes...that's around 2100MPH.

The article you posted from Rand suggested that trip in 21 minutes; that's about 8500MPH or about Mach 11. A modern Destroyer with a Rail Gun can launch a projectile about the size of a soft drink can and weighing only a few pounds at a speed of around Mach 5. The latest scramjet can reach speeds around Mach 9 or 10.

But, we will need to accelerate several tones to Mach 11 rather quickly in order to get from coast to coast in 21 minutes.

Now, just hypothetically, consider this train in an environment with atmospheric pressures at 67 Pa underground instead of roughly 101325 Pa at mean sea level on the surface. Your estimated speed-record underground would be how high?

"Pa?" You should use standard metrics. Regardless of atmospheric pressure the system would have to travel at something around 9000 MPH in order to make it from coast to coast in 21 min. There is no way around that.

On a modern Destroyer, when the Rail gun is fired; they must divert all power from the ships engines to the Rail gun...causing the ship to temporarily loose navigation. The projectile when being fired actually causes significant damage to the firing "rails". They are good for a few cycles then MUST be replaced. So the system doesn't really work very well yet...it's advantage is that it will fire a 60mm round at Mach 5.

For the underground version of this to work it will require, as I already said, Giga Watt nuclear reactors every few miles to power the system. Sending a "load" from Calif. to Texas could easily use the energy required to run the country for the better part of a week. This is NOT a cost effective system, and thus it would not be simply illogical to try to build such a thing; it would be absolutely foolish. Also, the maglev system that would also have to be there would require alignments that would be difficult to maintain in a geologically active place like Earth.

Now then, I really do have better things to do other than think these things through for you...the design of a remote data acquisition system for stellar data is pleasantly challenging.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: midlandghost
a reply to: tigertatzen

Call us crazy but my entire family had been getting prepared for awhile. Some of my family is part of the Texas militia at the border right now. They called my dad and said that something fishy was going on down there too. Keep your eyes out and be open to many explanations. You don't think something crazy might happen and then bam they hit and your not prepared. Things are getting ugly. What I want to know is why only local news and underground news sites are reporting on this. Where are the major news stations in reporting on this? Too focused on what Hilary eats.

Greetings:

A couple of nights ago, FOX NEWS did a 'hit piece' on Alex Jones and pinned the entire conspiracy concerning Jade Helm-WalMart-DHS: Does this foretell of Martial Law and FEMA Camps? (my title) on Alex "and those nuts on the Internet."

Welcome to the asylum.

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Light Love

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

Jade Helm-WalMart-DHS: Does this foretell of Martial Law and FEMA Camps? (my title) on Alex "and those nuts on the Internet."

Most of the stuff about Jade Helm 15, Walmart, and all the rest is just a collection of conjecture born of a serious misunderstanding of Military protocols and procedures, nothing more.

DHS, actually has nothing to do with Jade Helm, since JH is a military training mission., FEMA is similarly disconnected. The military, because of all this is going to find some degree of local resistance t the "program". In Texas for instance, the Governor has ordered the "Texas Guard" to watch the military trainees rather closely.

By the way; the "Texas Guard" is a wholly separate from anything related to the DOD. They are not "national guard"...they are Texas Guard, and, every bit the sophisticated military body as the U.S. Military...they answer only to the governor.

Not to mention that Texas is large enough to require the whole of the U.S. Military to deal with IF the Texicans get pissed. And, there are more guns in Texas than the U.S. Military.

Though, I would hasten to state; The current folk lore about JH15 is mostly conjecture, and the probability of anything happening is vanishingly small.

edit on 15-5-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
I've been in the Midland store several times over the last year. They stay real busy. There's no reason to lose a half years income over plumbing in that store.

As much cash as they bring in they could have miners re-pipe the place from under the slab and still pull a profit.

Greetings:

Or just use the existing tunnels.

$100.00 USD for just ONE confirmed sighting and siting of a TUAW (Tunnel Under A Walmart)!

JADE HELM 15: MEMO TO PATRIOTS: AVOID SHILLS, TROLL & IDIOTS - YouTube

Published on May 15, 2015
DISCLAIMER:
Any similarity to known individuals is not a mere coincidence.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: Crowdpsychology
Does it stop there? No, unfortunately not. Another growing approach to monitor ”potential terrorists” are the use of RFID chips. This chip enables wireless use of electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking objects. Antennas/readers are all over cities and the reading-distance of some of these are above 100m. RFID chips is a vital part of Walmart’s streamlining operation and the company uses them to increase the responsiveness of their logistic network.

Sorry man, but a 100 meter range for a RFID transponder is not possible with todays technology. The activating field must always be above a fixed level, and a level that would permit that range would be dangerous to public health.

No, those things only work over a few feet at very best.

Greetings Mr Scientist tanka418:

Aha!

You sure fixed them with that one!

Now, for the two-point toss-up question that might help us non-scientists validate your scientific credentials:

How far are the USGOV/EPA radiation monitors good for? (When they are not 'offline for maintenance issues'.)

As in, how far away from the monitor can radiation be detected?

And, if you are somewhat up on the subject (as most scientists claim to be), what kinds of radiation are being detected?

Thank you for your time and consideration, as we plainly see by your posting, that you are quite busy with your scientific destruction of anyone's view other than your own.

Good on you, Mate… stick to your guns, although perhaps go down with that leaky dingy.

We are certainly learning more with each page read here; thank you all for the lively conversation!

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Light Love

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Greetings Mr Scientist tanka418:

Well, while I do have a degree in computer science, math and physics, I don't think of my self as a "scientist", more of an Engineer.

Now, for the two-point toss-up question that might help us non-scientists validate your scientific credentials:

How far are the USGOV/EPA radiation monitors good for? (When they are not 'offline for maintenance issues'.)

As in, how far away from the monitor can radiation be detected?

And, if you are somewhat up on the subject (as most scientists claim to be), what kinds of radiation are being detected?

I have no answers for your questions. They do not relate the areas of technology that I work within. The kinds of radiation you are talking about are vastly different, have different physics than Electromagnetic radiation, which I am familiar with, but will not address your queries.

If you would like to address the actual statement I made about EM and RF then perhaps we can talk. If you want to verify what I've said about EM and RF, ask a college electronics professor, or someone knowledgeable in radio; like a "ham operator", or simply Google it. If you are feeling adventurous; you might think about reading Maxwell's treatise on electromagnetism...it kind of a "dry read" though.

Oh...you could ask a physics teacher, or physicist as well. Perhaps to satisfy you query you could think about asking the right questions...you know something about electronic technology, computers, data...probability.

edit on 16-5-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: midlandghost
a reply to: tigertatzen

Call us crazy but my entire family had been getting prepared for awhile. Some of my family is part of the Texas militia at the border right now. They called my dad and said that something fishy was going on down there too. Keep your eyes out and be open to many explanations. You don't think something crazy might happen and then bam they hit and your not prepared. Things are getting ugly. What I want to know is why only local news and underground news sites are reporting on this. Where are the major news stations in reporting on this? Too focused on what Hilary eats.

Greetings:

A couple of nights ago, FOX NEWS did a 'hit piece' on Alex Jones and pinned the entire conspiracy concerning Jade Helm-WalMart-DHS: Does this foretell of Martial Law and FEMA Camps? (my title) on Alex "and those nuts on the Internet."

Well, who else are you going to pin it on?

Come September if they're rounding up Texans in FEMA camps we can say they weren't "nuts." But everybody with any sense knows how this is going to turn out.

Meanwhile I'm sure TPTB are delighted to have real issues like the Snowden revelations associated with this stupidity as has happened on this thread.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

(snip)
Are you finished yet?
The freedom to case harm... what are you talking about?
Weapons of mass keyboarding?

Weapons of mass keyboarding?

Now, THAT's a GOOD ONE!

Another star is awarded!

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Light Love

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"Pa?" You should use standard metrics.

And you could have answered the question but decided to stick to the paper instead. Well played.

Either way, the paper doesn't clear up with your suggestions. We will have to speculate about details at this point and I will not present a summary of the other thread about this paper. A MagLev would be fast enough for me.

Also, the maglev system that would also have to be there would require alignments that would be difficult to maintain in a geologically active place like Earth.

Difficult maybe, not so impossible after all.
www.wired.com...
www.tillier.net...

They are good for a few cycles then MUST be replaced. So the system doesn't really work very well yet...it's advantage is that it will fire a 60mm round at Mach 5.

We are not talking about (de-)railguns now, are we?

While high-speed maglev infrastructure is relatively expensive to build, maglev trains are less expensive to operate and maintain than traditional high-speed trains, planes or intercity buses. Most of the power needed is used to overcome air drag, as with any other high speed train.

Maglev systems can operate at very high speeds almost without deterioration and are therefore more economical to operate than wheel/rail rapid transit systems that require regular intensive maintenance and experience exponentially increasing erosion with increasing speed. The fundamental freedom from mechanical erosion is one of the main advantages of maglev high-speed systems.

www.magnetbahnforum.de...
edit on 19-5-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Thanks mate, Star for you too!

I just recently discovered the link you posted:
www.thelivingmoon.com...

That's a superior amount of information, many thanks (again).

Cheers!

edit on 19-5-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And you could have answered the question but decided to stick to the paper instead. Well played.

Either way, the paper doesn't clear up with your suggestions. We will have to speculate about details at this point and I will not present a summary of the other thread about this paper. A MagLev would be fast enough for me.

Paper? What "paper" are you referring to?

And, I did address your question, with a relatively good explanation...But, IF you should decide to remain ignorant, that is your right.

At the end of the day; your tunnels, and any sort of transportation system in them do not exist and aren't likely to for several hundred years; mostly due to technological issues, which you seem to want to ignore...

Your understanding of the technologies involved with either the maglev or indeed any other technology is seriously lacking. Yet you continue to pretend that you are "up" on those technologies and have some understanding...unfortunately even your simplest statements belie you and your understanding.

edit on 19-5-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Talk about another coincidence, we already knew the following...

4 stores are situated in states participating in the exercise and the last 1 is situated in a neighboring "hostile" state in the exercise, 3/5 stores are situated in "hostile" states, the stores are closed during the same timeframe as the exercise and the exercise ends the same day as Walmart's "renovation” period, and lastly, Walmart is one of the few private corporations which is considered a "Critical Infrastructure" in DHS documents, hence them being a SCC member.

But here is another thing, the only store which have been quoted and named in the media in regard to the unions injunction against Walmart (Pico Rivera) and the store which have had most protests and demonstrations in the past have a pretty peculiar secret behind it..

On the exact same land as the Pico Rivera Walmart store was built on, one of the US’s biggest and most secret research facility was situated.. It belonged to Northrop Grumman, and it was at this location they had the headquarter for the B-2 stealth bomber, they also worked on many other highly secret programs within this facility, both during and after the B-2.

articles.latimes.com...
en.wikipedia.org... (under historical site)
www.yellowpages.com...
www.globalsecurity.org...

Short facts regarding Northrop Grumman:

At least seven former officials, consultants, or shareholders of Northrop Grumman have held posts in the Bush administration, including Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, Vice-Presidential Chief of Staff Lewis Libby, Pentagon Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim, and Sean O’Keefe, director of NASA. From 1990-2002, Northrop Grumman contributed $8.5 million to federal campaigns and the company gave $1,011,260 to federal candidates in 2005-2006 election cycle. The majority of the contributions, 63%, went to Republicans. Former Northrop Grumman Electronics Systems chief James G. Roche served as Secretary of the Air Force for two years under George W. Bush. Roche would eventually be nominated to head the Army.

In 1994, Northrop Aircraft merged with Grumman Aerospace, famous for building the Apollo Lunar Module to create Northrop Grumman (NG) Northrop Grumman Corporation is an American global aerospace and defense technology company formed by Northrop's 1994 purchase of Grumman. The company was the fifth-largest defense contractor in the world as of 2015. and ranks in the top ten military-friendly employers.

For the manufacturing of the B-2 Spirit, a former Ford automobile assembly plant in Pico Rivera, California, was acquired and heavily rebuilt; the plant's employees were sworn to complete secrecy regarding their work. To avoid the possibility of suspicion, components were typically purchased through front companies, military officials would visit out of uniform, and staff members were routinely subjected to polygraph examinations. The secrecy extended so far that access to nearly all information on the program by both Government Accountability Office (GAO) and virtually all members of Congress itself was severely limited until mid-1980s.

The B-2 was first publicly displayed on 22 November 1988 at United States Air Force Plant 42, Palmdale, California, where it was assembled. This viewing was heavily restricted, and guests were not allowed to see the rear of the B-2. However, Aviation Week editors found that there were no airspace restrictions above the presentation area and took photographs of the aircraft's then-secret planform and suppressed engine exhausts from the air, to the USAF's disappointment. The B-2's (s/n 82-1066 / AV-1) first public flight was on 17 July 1989 from Palmdale to Edwards AFB

According to rumors this facility housed a extensive underground complex, it started with 13 levels but during the 1980’s (they bought the former automobile assembly plant in 1982) they expanded the underground complex to 42 levels, and it’s said to connect to other underground facilities by an extensive network of subterranean tunnels. Reports from cement truck drivers, claimed that they found themselves as part of a chain of cement trucks 5 miles long, pouring concrete continuously, 24/7 for several weeks.

The land Northrop Grumman sold in 2000 was 157 acre and Walmart did of course not use all of this for their store. When Walmart first opened their store in 2002 they had a smaller store than today, in 2007 they build and extension which now house the grocery section and the loading dock. If Walmart bought the land which was located on top of the rumored underground structure it would logically not be located within the 2007 extension. Sure, they could have sealed the entrance for future connection but that doesn’t seem logic to me. If anything the entrance to the 47 level complex would logically be located within the original store, and most defiantly away from the shopping area.

Detailed view of the store’s floor plan, red mark where a possible entrance might be located

If the underground complex is true and that Walmart is situated on top of it, this location could most defiantly be one of the most strategic Walmart stores in the whole US, both based on the rumored 42 level underground complex but also based on that California is the home/ vacay-home for ”priority" personal.

Either way, talk about coincidence.. Even if the underground complex is false (which I highly doubt) and even if Walmart isn’t housed on top of this complex even though they have very strong government ties and are considered a SCC member (which could be plausible) This sure is a hell of a coincidence!

Full size of the Northrop Grumman facility until they sold and demolished it

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Pa is standard metrics. Derived from SI table it´s 1 Pa = 0.00067 bar = 1N/m²

"Gigawatt every few miles"?
" could easily use the energy required to run the country for the better part of a week."?

BS

How about some numbers? But you may be pleasantly busy designing a "remote data aquisition system for stellar data"
Yeah alright

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Pa is standard metrics. Derived from SI table it´s 1 Pa = 0.00067 bar = 1N/m²

I see...so tell me; How many pascals do you inflate your tires to? I don't know about you, but here in the US we use PSI (pounds per square inch), as opposed to pascals, which must be converted in virtually all instances where pressure is being considered. Even IF the math is in metric units, we would use g/m^2...not pascals.

"Gigawatt every few miles"?
" could easily use the energy required to run the country for the better part of a week."?

BS

How about some numbers? But you may be pleasantly busy designing a "remote data aquisition system for stellar data"
Yeah alright

"gigawatt every few miles..." Yes, about 1 Gigawatt every 50 miles should support a system that can send 66,000 lbs (gross mass) at a velocity of 8500MPH.

Remember, the original guess was for a system that could send a payload from coast to coast in 21 minutes...That would require an average velocity of approximately 8500MPH.

I appear to have been of by a couple orders of magnitude in my guess about the electricity consumption of the U.S. The amount of electricity used in this country is "un-godly"; on the order of 4,500,000,000,000,000 watt/hours.

If you have doubts about my Robotic Telescope and the capabilities I'm designing into it; Please reserve them for the appropriate place...see links below...I'd love to hear your views on the algorithms used in a software spectrometer.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And, I did address your question, with a relatively good explanation...But, IF you should decide to remain ignorant, that is your right.

At the end of the day; your tunnels, and any sort of transportation system in them do not exist and aren't likely to for several hundred years; mostly due to technological issues, which you seem to want to ignore...

Your understanding of the technologies involved with either the maglev or indeed any other technology is seriously lacking. Yet you continue to pretend that you are "up" on those technologies and have some understanding...unfortunately even your simplest statements belie you and your understanding.

Call me names, Käptn!

As long as you don't respond sober and straightforward to simple questions and decide to mess around with stupid allegations instead, your opinion couldn't be less attractive. Fact. Most likely even for hundreds of years, I would consider this to be a technical issue due to a seriously flawed 'culture' regarding online discussions.
At the end of the day you even arouse pity, did somebody steal your shovel of honour from Stanford? Pa - thetic...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Remember, the original guess was for a system that could send a payload from coast to coast in 21 minutes...That would require an average velocity of approximately 8500MPH.

We don't know details regardings this Rand-project.
But I do remember my question very well:

Now, just hypothetically, consider this train in an environment with atmospheric pressures at 67 Pa underground instead of roughly 101325 Pa at mean sea level on the surface. Your estimated speed-record underground would be how high?

Any answers yet? Or just hypothetically clueless after all?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowdpsychology

Detailed view of the store’s floor plan, red mark where a possible entrance might be located

HA!

New Walmart Employee: "Say, what's with all the guys in fatigues who just disappeared over there near the Boys Clothing and Seasonal Department?"

Supervisor: "Don't say a word about that to anyone or you'll never get your raise to $11.50."

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

We don't know details regardings this Rand-project.
But I do remember my question very well:

Well, the article you linked contained enough detail I think to render a preliminary opinion...which of course you didn't like because it was based on reality and contradicted your understanding.

Any answers yet? Or just hypothetically clueless after all?

The answer you are ignoring

I gave you an answer based on a much better understanding of the science and technology than you have...again; you rejected it because it contradicts what you think you know.

Although, it is kind of "cute", in a sort of sick perverse, pathetic way, to watch you try to distort, twist, and bend this micro-reality into something that "favors" your position...it must truly suck when you fail. But, that's not my fault...perhaps you should try a little harder to actually understand what you read, instead of just assuming that you know it all when all you have read is the introduction.

By the way...those numbers I gave in another post today...work for a purely "Maglev" system as well.

edit on 22-5-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well, the article you linked contained enough detail I think to render a preliminary opinion...which of course you didn't like because it was based on reality and contradicted your understanding.

Actually they didn't even decide which way to go, at that point. To be precise: what are you talking about?

By the way...those numbers I gave in another post today...work for a purely "Maglev" system as well.

And now we have to guess what your estimated high speed could have been if you would have answered my question.
*sigh*
For goods sake, could anybody please sink this boat?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How long did you indend to play this little game of torpedo-dodging?
edit on 22-5-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Actually they didn't even decide which way to go, at that point. To be precise: what are you talking about?

And now we have to guess what your estimated high speed could have been if you would have answered my question.
*sigh*
For goods sake, could anybody please sink this boat?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How long did you indend to play this little game of torpedo-dodging?

Again...I answered that! The answer is 9000MPH...As I indicated, to get from coast to coast in 21 minutes requires an average speed of around 8500..adding compensation for acceleration and de-acceleration...top speed: around 9000MPH.

Do you have that now? I certainly hope so, because your intentional ignorance is a bit tiring...

I'm not dodging anything...you keep moving to goal posts! Which is necessary since everything you say; I shoot down with common sense, logic, and good ole science...you should learn some of each.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join