It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It would be unfortunate if ATS were to devolve into another GLP out of desperation for new members...

Seems like the mods have been asleep lately. Or maybe it's because of people like myself who never report posts.
edit on 24-4-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: DelMarvel

Then please turn in your ATS membership card on your way out, security has been alerted.

www.nbcdfw.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

www.wcnc.com...

www.local10.com...

www.westsiderag.com...

www.myfoxtwincities.com... (this one is very interesting. Its a defense contractor that suddenly went tits up)

m.bizjournals.com...

By the way, for you and the ten folks who starred that post:

The issue in question was "sudden closure" AND "plumbing."

Not one of those linked articles mentions plumbing as a reason for the closure of the business.

If we're talking only about "sudden closures" of small businesses I'm sure you can track a correlation with just about anything you want.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm aware, and your source is terrible, like I said. The Merriam-Webster dictionary also has words such as tweep. I suggest searching for hypothesis versus theory rather than just looking up each individual word. You'll find quite a bit more and better information.

As far as the rest, after Jade Helm is over we can look back at this just like December 2012 and Y2K...seems quite similar thus far, at least.

undsci.berkeley.edu...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

It's sad to see how bloated you become when you think I made a mistake or when you think you "got" me at something. Pretty clear that you either are trying to ridicule my statements because they are in fact true or because you view this as some sort of a competition.

The only reason why I and probably other members have reacted to comments from you and others like you is because you systematically have been ignoring All possible connections between the 5 stores and Jade helm 15. The amounts of coincidences between their locations and the "renovation" period in regard to the exercise are in fact remarkable. That’s why I asked you if it wouldn’t be more likely that at least 1 store would be situated in one of the other 34 states that is located at least one state away from the participating states. A question which you of course ignored.

I said you have not established any association...worlds of difference there...

There are legitimate reasons behind the statements I make, I would never make these statements based on "fantasy" like you ignorantly called it in previous comments. I’m too concerned with the truth to let me be clouded by ego, pride or fantasy. I do however condemn people who can’t be reasoned with when there are obvious facts behind established statements, facts that most certainly can be considered ”associations” between the stores locations/timetable and the details regarding the exercise.

I actually think I could bust the (solely) union reason pretty easily. But guess what, I don’t really care. Because you see, I have stated in my additional post as well as many times after, that the most probable answer to this is that there are more than one reason behind the closing of 5 stores. "A mix of reasons" like I stated in my initial comment. Union busting could be one reasonable explanation if it includes 1 or 2 more reasons. I really can’t see that a union related reason is the only reason and I base that on the following:

Only 1 store of 5 have ties worth mentioning in regard to union-activity, Pico Rivera. The other 4 have not been assosiated wih this "problem". Second, if union-busting or deterring of pro-union employees would be the sole reason then I would like to believe that out of every Walmart store in the whole US, there would be other who actually have been/is strongly associated with this problem and therefore should be targeted instead. Stores which probably would not be located within or near states participating in the upcoming exercise, based on logic and odds.

If I had a decision-making role at Walmart and if I knew that we had the following problems; financial problems that could be fixed at certain stores (high employee costs), problem with labour-unions at certain stores and pro-union employees, and maintenance or infrastructure needs on certain stores.
I would then combine these three and try to neutralize them at the same time. This would give a greater impact and I would also have a legitimized reason behind closing these stores (I would officially say that all 5 stores needed maintenance work). But even if I gave the reason I did, it would deter pro-union employees based on the fact that I included one store with connections to their cause, other employees would then start to wonder if the 5 closings which took place was a result of our companies disgust towards labour-unions and that we would go to great lengths to stop this kind of activity. Everything I just stated would be known to me before I took any action, and based on that I would maybe also include the government in the planned ”renovation" if I knew they had a planned exercise during our own estimated ”renovation” period. Patting them on the back, letting them use 1, 2 or 5 stores if they felt like including them in their exercise. This would strengthen our companies role in the public-private partnership and by us patting them on the back I would expect them to do the same for us, in the form of subsidizes and tax-breaks or other government grants/approvals.

You se what I did there? I made 3 problems go away while helping a business partner, which makes me a 4 time winner! This is what I have been saying all along, something you and other seem to ignore. "A mix of reasons” And as you can see, I also ”followed the money” like you stated.

I will of course continue to conclude that there is a possibility that the 5 stores may participate in the Jade Helm 15 exersise. Because I certainly can’t deny the associations between the ”renovation” timetable, the stores locations, the companies important role in disaster/crisis management and the Jade Helm 15 exercise.

Final note. It's pretty interesting that colorado was taken away and that Florida is participating instead. Being that the first didnt have a store but the second one did. If Florida wasn't added I would not argue for a possible Jade Helm 15 connection like I have done, because if that was the case at least one store would be situated far from the participating states. I also want to add something, something other members on the last pages have stated, that this is just views of the situation at hand and we will maybe not know the real reason until a couple of months. But as we can see there are many associations between the stores and the exercise and to see that members systematically are trying to ignore these facts and smear members who address the connections only entitles me to believe that we are onto something here. It’s one thing to state your opinion while also acknowledge All other possible connections, and it’s another to solely state you opinion and actively ignore and smear people who make ”sensitive” connections.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Crowdpsychology because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm not really sure why you quoted my whole comment, seems like a waste of space in the thread.

I would be interested to know if there are other stores closer to these locations than the ones closed, and if there are, and these are linked to the exercises, then what is the specific significance of these particular stores if there are others closer?

The only reason why I started my elaborate answer to you with: "Most certainly, but feel free to do the research on that, and then present your findings" was because you wrote the pretty self-explained statement above, and if you believed that this was important, then you should look them up, pinpoint them on a map and make your statement. Like you said yourself "This info is not hidden. The information is available to anyone that cares to look for it." Pretty weird statement to make when you were in fact the one who cared but not looking it up before making a comment.

Distribution Centers and Command Centers are never placed in the heart of a conflict zone. The ability to control and protect the travel routes are most important, along with the ease of ability to breakdown and abandon a site; even to safely destroy it if necessary, you don't want to leave any spoils for the enemy.

Where do you get this information from? How would the government know in advance which part of the country that would be considered a "conflict zone"? These 9 disaster distribution centers which are each 1 million square feet is not exactly mobile centers.

Please don't allow ourselves to be blindsided. Walmart is not alone. Every company that receives government subsidies or reimbursements, have a commitment to support the government's plan; whether Federal, State or Local. Most companies with over a certain number of employees are required to participate in a Crisis, Disaster, Emergency Plan.

Well no, I have stated before that Walmart is one of the SCC's connected to the public-private partnership but being that the stores belong to Walmart, it feels pretty logic to address them when discussing this subject. The thing you are talking about have nothing to do with this partnership, except weapon, spare part manufacturers and so on. The thing you are talking about are basic emergency plans which almost every company have to secure the safety of their employees, they are also obligated to have this plan if they want their insurance to cover both structural work and possible deaths involved. The thing I addressed have to do with national security and the only SSC members I have seen are the following:

I have not made up my mind if JH 15 is good or bad. I know I don't like their tactics. I don't like their lack of forthrightness. I don't like them treating our communities like battle zones and American citizens like the enemy. If they don't trust us. Why should we trust them?

I am sorry, if I am wrong on this, but I believe when you see and smell smoke, you better look for the fire, before it becomes to big to contain.

As far as I'm concerned it's a exercise, and they have this one to be prepared if something happens, for example public unrest or multiple (domestic) terrorist attacks within the country. Like I have stated before I have not made any connections between Jade Helm 15 and gun confiscation, martial law, killing of American citizens, etc. But I do understand what you are talking about when saying, "when you see and smell smoke, you better look for the fire, before it becomes to big to contain"

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowdpsychology

It's sad to see how bloated you become when you think I made a mistake or when you think you "got" me at something. Pretty clear that you either are trying to ridicule my statements because they are in fact true or because you view this as some sort of a competition.

The only reason why I and probably other members have reacted to comments from you and others like you is because you systematically have been ignoring All possible connections between the 5 stores and Jade helm 15.

So what is this "got me" krap?? Nobody is out to "get" you... And, I'm not trying to ridicule you...

Further, the only thing I would ask of you is the you actually back up these statements you made with something of substance. So far all you have provided is some half baked notion (can't even elevate it to hypothesis) that this is somehow related. You have failed to make appropriate associations, and thus are left wanting, especially in view of the FACT that most of the rest of the world believes that Walmart is attempting to engage in some, probably ill fated, Union busting scheme.

But, all you got is a collection of unrelated "stories"...and, you are either unwilling or unable to tie them together into a coherent whole...despite all the obfuscating stuff you have provided...and that is probably the real crux here; You are obfuscating this whole event...WHY? do you work for Walmart?

ETA: Do you know how big 1 million square feet really is?

edit on 26-4-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowdpsychology

The only reason why I and probably other members have reacted to comments from you and others like you is because you systematically have been ignoring All possible connections between the 5 stores and Jade helm 15. The amounts of coincidences between their locations and the "renovation" period in regard to the exercise are in fact remarkable.

What bothers me about this is that Walmart, the largest employer in the nation constantly shafts its workers; they have just gotten away with shafting over 2,000 employees and giving what is almost certainly a phony excuse.

The U.S. military and intelligence agencies are up to all sorts of no good much of which is kept secret or at the very best does not come to the attention of the majority of Americans.

But instead of looking into verifiable reality, you have a subculture of intense "researchers" flooding the internet with fantastical claims that make it that much harder to spread the message about what's really going on.

September is going to come and go, no one is going to disappear into any FEMA camps or down any tunnels and Jade Helm is not going to be the start of martial law. But anyone reporting on military exercises in the future runs the risk of being associated with the purveyors of "outlandish conspiracies" (to paraphrase many headlines.) In fact ANYTHING at all that happens anywhere is immediately the target of conspiracy theorists who are instantly picked up by the MSM. ("Walmart Closings Spawn Wild Conspiracy Theories" etc..) Real conspiracies are boring by comparison.

edit on 26-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Only 1 store of 5 have ties worth mentioning in regard to union-activity, Pico Rivera. The other 4 have not been assosiated wih this "problem".

How do I point out this is wrong without being accused of attacking another member? I posted an article about this long ago on this thread. This was just five months ago. The Tampa area also has a history of organized protests by Walmart Employees.

A labor group pushing Wal-Mart to pay its workers higher wages is planning nationwide protests at the company’s stores on Black Friday, including at least one Tulsa-area store.
The website created for the protests, blackfridayprotests.org, lists a “Tulsa Rising” event on Black Friday for the Wal-Mart Supercenter at 6625 S. Memorial Drive. The site is also asking for volunteers for similar protests at other Wal-Mart Supercenters and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets in the area.

www.tulsaworld.com...
edit on 26-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
But instead of looking into verifiable reality, you have a subculture of intense "researchers" flooding the internet with fantastical claims that make it that much harder to spread the message about what's really going on.

It is called "obfuscation" a tactic used by the government to hide things in plain sight...like the UFO phenomenon. Basically you spread a whole lot of confusing stuff around a given point...makes the point harder to see / find. Soon, no one knows what to believe.

If I was Walmart, I'd be doing exactly that, as a ploy to avoid prosecution...in the legal sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: midlandghost

Is your store an older Walmart, or one of the newer ones? Do you know if they had signs they were hiring prior to this happening? Where I live I have four Walmarts within a fifteen to twenty minute drive, so if they closed one here no one would blink. I wondered about the hiring because here they always have signs they're looking for workers.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ignore this segment in my previous reply to you, for some reason I thought you were the same person I replied to before. Sorry for that, Cheers!

"I would be interested to know if there are other stores closer to these locations than the ones closed, and if there are, and these are linked to the exercises, then what is the specific significance of these particular stores if there are others closer?"

The only reason why I started my elaborate answer to you with: "Most certainly, but feel free to do the research on that, and then present your findings" was because you wrote the pretty self-explained statement above, and if you believed that this was important, then you should look them up, pinpoint them on a map and make your statement. Like you said yourself "This info is not hidden. The information is available to anyone that cares to look for it." Pretty weird statement to make when you were in fact the one who cared but not looking it up before making a comment.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So what is this "got me" krap?? Nobody is out to "get" you... And, I'm not trying to ridicule you...

It's exactly what I said it was, and you know exactly what you are doing. Both me and other members in this thread have made remarks on your behavior. I haven't said that it's something personal against me, not at all, and frankly I couldn't care less about your childish strawman tactic if it wasn't for your flooding of the thread.

Further, the only thing I would ask of you is the you actually back up these statements you made with something of substance. So far all you have provided is some half baked notion (can't even elevate it to hypothesis) that this is somehow related. You have failed to make appropriate associations, and thus are left wanting, especially in view of the FACT that most of the rest of the world believes that Walmart is attempting to engage in some, probably ill fated, Union busting scheme.

Just like every other entity who play the game you play, you ask for things you know doesn't exist in the realm of ordinary citizens. So to counter your highly unrealistic statement, Can you tell me all the details of the upcoming Jade Helm 15 exercise? I want a detailed timetable for the 2 months (day by day), I also want a full description of all the planned exercises within Jade Helm 15. You should also tell me all the specific locations and the equipment involved, also state the names of all the soldiers participating. Can you get me that?

I have however shown many facts that can suggest that there could be a connection between the 5 closed stores and the upcoming Jade Helm 15 exercise. Never claimed that they would be involved, only made a assessment based on the available facts and information.

Wow, talk about another nail in the coffin. "Most of the rest of the world believes that Walmart is attempting to engage in some, probably ill fated, Union busting scheme" Let's listen to most of the world, who solely read MSM news in regard to the matter. Most of the american people also believed that Iraq had WMD, and we see how good that assessment was. It's sad to see your futile attempts of misinformation.

But, all you got is a collection of unrelated "stories"...and, you are either unwilling or unable to tie them together into a coherent whole...despite all the obfuscating stuff you have provided...and that is probably the real crux here; You are obfuscating this whole event...WHY? do you work for Walmart?

"A collection of unrelated stories" Absolutely It's almost too unrelated that 4 stores are situated in states participating in the exercise and that the last 1 is situated in a neighboring "hostile" state in the exercise. It's also unrelated that 3/5 stores are situated in "hostile" states, very unrelated, almost too unrelated. Yeah, and the facts that the exercise ends almost the same day as Walmart's "renovation" period is also unrelated, almost too unrelated. It's also unrelated that Walmart is one of the few stores which are considered a "Critical Infrastructure" in DHS documents, hence them being a SCC member. The only obfuscated stuff in this discussion are the derailing and recurrent questions and statements you and others happily flood the thread with.

ETA: Do you know how big 1 million square feet really is?

Well I do, so let me explain it to you. Walmart Supercenters have a size varying from 98,000 to 261,000 square feet, so if we go with the biggest number you could say that the 9 disaster distribution centers each are approximately 3,8 times bigger than the biggest Walmart Supercenter. So cute that you guys take snippets from each others replies and help each other out by answering them. Please inform the other member of the knowledge I gave you.

Yeah, and btw, I thought you said you were leaving this thread...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Both me and other members in this thread have made remarks on your behavior.

...Just like every other entity who play the game you play....

...So cute that you guys take snippets from each others replies and help each other out by answering them. Please inform the other member of the knowledge I gave you.

You're the one who dropped the "Shill" bomb on the thread and you're still making that insinuation.

So, you've got no grounds to complain about anyone else's behavior.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: DelMarvel

It is called "obfuscation" a tactic used by the government to hide things in plain sight...like the UFO phenomenon. Basically you spread a whole lot of confusing stuff around a given point...makes the point harder to see / find. Soon, no one knows what to believe.

If I was Walmart, I'd be doing exactly that, as a ploy to avoid prosecution...in the legal sense.

I've gotten a lot of my irrational paranoia under control over the years but you've got to wonder when there are Youtube videos with this full-fledged Jade Helm/Walmart conspiracy theory posted on the very same day that the closings were announced. As well as people posting almost simultaneously on other big conspiracy sites. That's even before the date on the Alex Jones article.

But I guess you could write it off as due to the speed of social media these days.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Thank you for letting me inspire you and broaden your way of thinking by writing the things I did in my reply to you on page 27, here's the part you constructed your reply from:

Crowdpsychology...The thing about "tin foil hat crappola" as you put it, is that many outraging conspiracies and different theories within them have been fabricated by the intelligence complex themselves, all in the name of misinformation in relation to flooding of genuine conspiracies as well as building up the idea that ALL conspiracies are constructed and researched by paranoid and crazy people.

You did however deliberately or unknowingly mix up researchers with spooks (intelligence complex)

September is going to come and go, no one is going to disappear into any FEMA camps or down any tunnels and Jade Helm is not going to be the start of martial law. In fact ANYTHING at all that happens anywhere is immediately the target of conspiracy theorists who are instantly picked up by the MSM. ("Walmart Closings Spawn Wild Conspiracy Theories" etc..) Real conspiracies are boring by comparison.

Yes, that's correct. September will come and go, good point. "No one is going to disappear into any FEMA camps or down any tunnels and Jade Helm is not going to be the start of martial law." Who exactly have stated those things in this thread besides you? I'm starting to believe that you are scared of something. The interesting thing about MSM and their coverage on conspiracies is that it's highly uncommon. I can only come to think of a handful of covered conspiracies. The question is why are they covering this one!? I thought the media and state considered all conspiracies deluded, and a product of crazy and paranoid people who doesn't know what they are talking about. So why even bother to mention it? This leads me to believe (like I stated before) that the intelligence complex could have been behind the early most absurd theories connecting Walmart and Jade Helm 15. The media have then been told to cover the "growing concern" so more people will know about it, the intelligence complex could/can then analyze how people react to the information.

How do I point out this is wrong without being accused of attacking another member? I posted an article about this long ago on this thread. This was just five months ago. The Tampa area also has a history of organized protests by Walmart Employees.

Haha, well don't ask me, because I have been struggling with that feeling the whole time talking to you and others. I know that it has been posted early in this thread that 2 stores have had connections to a union, one of which is Pico Rivera. But I wouldn't consider the other store to have a strong connection based on the information at hand, hence not worth mentioning. The article mentions that the Tulsa store was planned to be apart of a nationwide protest of 1600 stores. But do we know if they really participated? I made a quick video and picture search of "the store + black friday protest + walmart” but I couldn’t find anything, but I’m not saying it didn’t take place. We still have 3 other stores with as far as I know, zero connections worth mentioning. Very interesting article btw, read it all, but you forgot to mention the following:

The site is calling for protesters to go to Wal-Mart “with a sign saying that you support the workers fighting for fair pay and respect,” take pictures of themselves and to speak to the manager. The group hopes to protest at 1,600 stores nationwide this year.

The national protest is the third annual for OUR Walmart. Reuters reported the group protested at 1,200 to 1,400 Wal-Mart stores last year during the Friday after Thanksgiving, though Kory Lundberg, a spokesman for Wal-Mart, put the number at 220.

This also confirms my suspicion in regard to what I stated to tanka418, that if union-busting was the only reasons behind closing 5 stores, at least 1 or 2 of those stores would logically not be situated in either states participating in the Jade Helm 15 exercise or in a neighboring state of the exercise. I will emphasize one thing, I have never said that union-busting is unthinkable in connection to the 5 closed stores, I merely feel that it logically isn't the sole reason behind it. Which you can read about in the comment you quoted me from this time, but I guess you willingly ignore those parts "You se what I did there? I made 3 problems go away while helping a business partner, which makes me a 4 time winner!"

I can see that I also broadened your way of thinking by a previous comment I made.. Cool! But I don’t really know if that tactic officially is called ”obfuscation” as you said. I merely believe you picked a suitable word for the things I wrote. A word which you so happened to accuse me of by saying that I have provided "obfuscating stuff” Sadly both you and DelMarvel misinterpreted my previous comment when it comes to this tactic, but sure, the tactic is nevertheless used by the intelligence complex. Not by me, like I stated before, I’m only interested in the truth that’s why I attach many documents that supports what I say in my statements.

The Walmart remark is silly.. Walmart definitely knows what they are doing and they wouldn’t close 5 stores if they couldn’t back up the closings with a legit reason. That’s why I continue to speculate a government connection and other possible ”legit” reasons, like; maintenance/infrastructure work. It’s quite interesting to see that you believe that Walmart from one day to another decided to close 5 stores and their tactic of masking the real cause to "avoid prosecution" is by hiring people to flood forums with false information. Talk about logic.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I can see that I also broadened your way of thinking by a previous comment I made..

Don't flatter yourself too much son; you are a week late and a ton short.

You are so far all talk as no substance...and, I'm sorry, but the data does not support your position.

This also confirms my suspicion in regard to what I stated to tanka418, that if union-busting was the only reasons behind closing 5 stores, at least 1 or 2 of those stores would logically not be situated in either states participating in the Jade Helm 15 exercise or in a neighboring state of the exercise.

Just where are you getting this "quantum logic" from? You are not thinking these things through, and you seriously broken logic betrays you.

Seriously man; logically Walmart would select 4 other stores at random, though probably more pseudo random, and that the selection was weighted, probably because of a regional thing...

It’s quite interesting to see that you believe that Walmart from one day to another decided to close 5 stores and their tactic of masking the real cause to "avoid prosecution" is by hiring people to flood forums with false information. Talk about logic.

Careful what you say, and how you say it; I never said anything about hiring people to do anything...I merely described a process in rather abstract terms.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thank you for letting me inspire you and broaden your way of thinking

Jeez. Get over yourself.

Check how long I've been on this site. You think I haven't heard speculation like that before you? In fact, I've brought it up many times myself especially in reference to Ufology or about what "shills" would actually be saying on conspiracy sites.

"No one is going to disappear into any FEMA camps or down any tunnels and Jade Helm is not going to be the start of martial law." Who exactly have stated those things in this thread besides you?

Are you reading the same thread?

originally posted by: tigertatzen
And if you're of an even more suspicious mind, you can imagine something like that serving as a perfect excuse to declare martial law.

I would honestly not be shocked if someone broadcast live, streaming footage of people being shuttled into detention facilities by the truckloads

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: tigertatzen
And as if to confirm fears, NASA has announced it is staging a presentation of a “hypothetical asteroid impact scenario” at the 2015 IAA Planetary Defense Conference (PDC) to be held in April. According to NASA, the scenario, which is “completely fictional” but “realistic,” would consider possible responses by the world’s governments to “an steroid discovered on April 13, 2015, the first day of the conference, at magnitude 20.9, declination -39 degrees and heading south.”

I used one of our telescopes on iTelescope.net to image the "asteroid" and confirmed that it is indeed fictional. I used T17, which holds multiple world records for the most distant objects ever detected by amateur astronomers, in order to track the fictional 2015 PDC asteroid based on its orbit. The telescope actively tracked the position the asteroid was supposed to be in while performing about 25 minutes of exposures. Here is the final stacked image showing the combination of all images:

The ragged edges on the brighter stars are due to CCD blooming; this CCD is extremely sensitive. In fact it peaks in sensitive in the infrared part of the spectrum. This was an unfiltered image; visible+IR light. If the asteroid were real it should be a star-like dot in the center of the image. The stars are trailed because the telescope was actively tracking based on the orbit of the fictional asteroid. There's nothing there. This is further confirmed by using a median kappa sigma routine to stack the images, minimizing anything that changes image to image and maximizing anything that remained stationary (like an asteroid being tracked by the telescope). The only star-like dots that remain are all related to star trails and bits of CCD blooming that were too bright to fully eliminate via median stacking in only 25 minutes of imaging.

Other bright, sharp specks are all hot pixels and cosmic ray hits. Unlike real detections of celestial objects they do not form a point spread function.
edit on 27-4-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Jeez. Get over yourself.

You should take your own advice.

Check how long I've been on this site.

Newsflash: The length of time you've been on this site is irrelevant to the subject at hand. No one cares.

For the record, everything that is being said here is nothing more than speculation, including what you are saying. Possibilities exist. Lots of them. You are the only one who cannot seem to grasp that concept.

You are the one insisting that you are right, and everyone who has a different opinion from yours is wrong. You are the one who refuses to acknowledge that there are numerous things that could be going on. You insist that this is all due to some employee strikes, linking articles from as long ago as 2012, yet refuse to consider any of the other possibilities that we've been discussing, all of which have equal (if not more) merit, and are a hell of a lot more in line with recent events and then attack people for not only disagreeing with you, but giving very plausible, concrete reasons to back up exactly why they disagree. Yeah...that makes you look like a real winner there, Sparky. Strong work.

The Threefold Law applies here. You arrived on the scene with a closed mind, full of ridicule and mockery, spoiling for a fight, and that is precisely what you got in return. That shouldn't come as a surprise to you. The fact remains: no one knows for certain at this point wtf is going on, therefore any and every possibility should be examined. Taking people's words and twisting them around to fit your purpose doesn't make you a winner either:

And if you're of an even more suspicious mind, you can imagine something like that serving as a perfect excuse to declare martial law.

Truth. A suspicious mind can imagine that, and far worse. That is not tantamount to saying this is what I believe will happen. It is simply a very unpleasant, very frightening possibility, and one that is unfortunately not all that far-fetched anymore.

I would honestly not be shocked if someone broadcast live, streaming footage of people being shuttled into detention facilities by the truckloads

Truth. I would not be surprised in the least. Just as a parade of pink elephants dancing the Merengue up and down the street wouldn't really shock me too much either, anymore. The state of the world has degraded to such a point that anything seems plausible. Even something as unthinkable as detention camps for American citizens on American soil, which I never thought had any chance of being a reality in my lifetime. But there you have it. Does that mean I think that's what is going to happen? No. It means that I would not be shocked if it did.

What he said is true: it was you who made the statement about FEMA camps and martial law. And who has continued to say it, as if it's going to happen. No one else has done anything but discussed possibilities, and those were only a couple of the many out there. You're the one who decided to take it and run with it and blow it into this huge argument. Do us a favor, and don't try to tell us what we think or believe. People might start getting suspicious of your motives or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

I used one of our telescopes on iTelescope.net to image the "asteroid" and confirmed that it is indeed fictional.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about a real asteroid impact scenario. But why do any kind of presentation? That only serves to heighten the undercurrent of fear that's already rampant. They have to know that this is going to cause panic...all of these things at once...so if they aren't up to no good, why frighten people? Something is simply not right.

ETA: Thank you for confirming that, by the by

edit on 30313America/ChicagoMon, 27 Apr 2015 15:31:45 -050030pm30116America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: added comment

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join