It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Must not be much profit in keeping these places open then if theres lots of abandoned stores nearby.

It makes sense why walmart is pulling the plug.

Well, time for those employees to find work elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

For anyone thinking 5 stores closing is a lot...
Perhaps they should look at how Many Stores Wal-Mart operates..
It's got to be getting close to 9,000 stores world wide by now...
Government and business together.. This is the power in the world.

My inclination is that riots are coming to America. Hate mexicans for making you broke.. The Southern Border.. It's looking sketch as heck. Many people imagine special forces as something of an Airborne Ranger Team.. That's not really what they are about.. They are more about recruiting local "rebels."

Here's the Game if we can just hang in there, for like 15 more years without world war, and no Riots and Revolutions in America.. we can steer this ship in a good way.. Information is changing us for the better.. But if you fight with guns.. You are going down.

The Above is my opinion. I have no knowledge of anything of the sort. I'm just saying it's my pet hypothesis..

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: generik

Must not be much profit in keeping these places open then if theres lots of abandoned stores nearby.

It makes sense why walmart is pulling the plug.

Well, time for those employees to find work elsewhere.

And if it's the case they will not re-open in 6 months.
I would hope that's all it is, and I can see that angle making perfect sense..
Though one member claimed to have personal info that one of the particular stores in question was highly profitable. Nothing to back that up of course.
edit on 16-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
What if they are preparing them for triage places. Maybe they are aware of a full scale attack. Can someone pin the locations on a map so we can get a look at the distance from each other.

I had seen something like that on our local news which had also disclosed the lack of permits, irregularity with compliance on notifications (a Warn), and all the known US locations. Image courtesy of google images

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

originally posted by: DelMarvel

UPDATE: I was contacted by someone at UFCW, Making Change At Walmart. They point out that the Pico Rivera Walmart workers (that's the California Walmart that closed suddenly due to "plumbing issues") has been one of the core active OUR Walmart stores in the country. It is also the site of the first Walmart strikes, back in 2012.

www.dailykos.com...

And another tip-off as to what is really going on is that Walmart is saying all the laid off employees will have to REAPPLY if and when the stores reopen. In other words, one day you have a job, next day there are "plumbing problems" and you are basically fired. Good old Sam Walton American values and integrity.

Fire everyone and you're not in violation of the National Labor Relations Act. Then you have more flexibility in choosing who you are going to re-hire.

And, of course, all the articles about this rush to mention the whacked conspiracy theories such as the detention camps. Speculation about the possible union busting going on gets second billing if mentioned at all.

Once again, "conspiracy theorists" helping to make those who question the official narrative look like lunatics.

Wouldn`t it make more sense that this was done to make a little spending money for the Koch brothers? i don't understand what walmart and marshal law training have in common. But i understand laying off workers and closing a few stores for a couple months to keep some extra spending cash in walmart locations that arn't generating a profit. During the slump season, rich devious bastards like to lay off workers who are getting paid to much when cutting into profits. And others just simply close down their shops because they are not generating the numbers they want. So they can open up in different locations. Maybe the koch bros have their eyes set on a private island. Or need to save for an updated Jet since its 2015 and their 2014 model is going out of style.

Seems like the Koch brothersa are going for that new jet model then like i guessed.

Or maybe they need some extra dollars to update their secret headquarters underground in hopes of surviving the apocalypse.

But im betting on this being completely profit driven, as walmart has shown to have zero backbone in proper morality.

Why do you keep referencing the Koch brothers and this story. I know its hard for anti-corporation types to understand but the Koch brothers are not some evil boogey men bent on world domination....and they have nothing to do with Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is still owned by the Walton family.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Just for the record,( and forgive me if it has been pointed out already in this thread) Wal-mart already is phasing in the higher starting wages this month...voluntarily. It hasn't been 'forced to comply'. The higher wages go in effect next week. Somewhat ironically, given the closing of these stores, morale among a LOT of the associates is higher than it has been in some time.

That said, I do agree with you in general. This may just be a rather covert way of streamlining the company to accommodate or offset that.

Typical of Wal-mart to be a bit less than forthright with it's true intentions though.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZenTam

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: stellawayten
Here is a youtube video from inside the midland, tx walmart. Read the description. Said people have to sign in to get rx and huge wall to keep from seeing rest of the store.

youtu.be...

Weird...

I get my meds from Wal-Mart and there is never a sign-in process or a security officer standing in the pharmacy so that is all part of the shut-down.

The question is why? Why are they taking names of people who are trying to get to the pharmacy?

The plumbing excuse is 100% horseshyte.

They are making people sign in to make sure they actually belong there. What if you were some guy just wanting to go in and see whats going on not even having any prescriptions at said store.

They wouldn't know that by simply having you sign a piece of paper at the door. They would have to check your name in their computer to know if you have a prescription or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Years ago I went to a cafeteria in the middle of the afternoon and they were closed -later on I learned the reason. Almost their entire workstaff was illegal aliens and they got busted by the Feds. Without their workstaff they were not able to remain open and serve food. They had to advertise, interview and hire a bunch of new employees, which takes time. This was a well-know cafeteria chain in the South.
Maybe this happened at Walmart?

Sal

a reply to: Black_Fox

I was actually thinking the same thing. They are trying to get on the up and up. But They can't have mass hiring as layoffs without suspicion. I even guess the people getting transferred are the ones they want to keep happy. Walmart has a history of shoddy employees too.

www.foxnews.com...

Sorry to use fox news, but still

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01>>> Its highly unlikely they'd say they're closing the stores r 6 months for plumbing problems. Its also highly unlikely they'd say they're closing them down for 6 months and then plan on never re opening them. If they wanted those stores closed, they'd just do it and not be clandestine. If there are abandoned stores nearby, that's a sign those Wal Marts would be doing well, they'd have driven out any competition. That's how Wal Mart operates and how ever other retailer ad big block company does. So we're back to a phony plumbing excuse and left to figure out the real reason. So what might it be? One, they're cooperating with the US government in some kind of exercize and planning to see how areas respond to losing a source of supply. That's iffy. Two, they're cooperating with the USG in some kind of staging program as a supply hub in case of major unrest or natural disaster. That's more likely. Three, the stores are being revamped with new equipment and anti theft surveilance and inventory tracking program or even robot stockers or something. Maybe. I like the second theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: KnightLight

Plumbing problems sounds dumb, too.

There could be any number of reasons Wal Mart doesn't give a real reason behind it. Maybe they were all built with a specific material, or with a specific design, that needs remediation? It would damage the brand to make suspect the safety of their stores.

IDK every walmart I have been in seems to have plumming problems. You can't use the bathroom in the two city ones I been too. I have kids, I know

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: midlandghost

There are inevitably people that won't listen no matter how much evidence is right in front of them, and there is nothing we can do in the event of an actual, confirmed real life situation except try to warn them. If I were able, I'd have joined y'all on your recon, but even if I held photo evidence, irrefutable evidence, in front of their faces I can probably list off at least 20-25 people who would still say it's nonsense...sadly, most of them my own family members. Haven't read through all the comments yet this morning but just wanted you to know I think it's really brave of you to volunteer like that.

link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Are some of the stores in places where Wal-Mart is the only game in town? The only source of supply? If so, the people in the area may need help. Six months is a long time to go without access to basic supplies.

This is something that concerns me with the "We Stock Everything You Need" stores. I've joked that Wal-Mart needed to build housing on top of their stores so people didn't have to actually leave - they have eye docs, medical clinics, restaurant, food, banking, the majority of house supplies needed unless you need to replace a major appliance - yep, folks could just live there!

The problem is, after all the other stores have been turned into empty shells around them and they reign supreme, there is nothing to fall back on if the Wal-Mart closes. The mom and pop stores and "lesser" simple grocery stores, etc., are all gone. Where do people get food? Buy diapers and formula? Inexpensive clothes?

If closing down the stores has a huge humanitarian impact, is that not of concern to the towns involved and the state/country as a whole? Who steps in when people can't get food? It's not a natural disaster, so no Red Cross, no charity drives... ??? Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but its something that has always bothered me.

peace,
AB

Precisely, whether they intend it to be, or not, this WILL test a town's ability to thrive/survive after Walmart has been taken away after becoming the dominant source of sustenance & supplies for the populace.

Just watch what happens in these 'test tubes'.

link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Here's my problem with Walmart being involved with the JADE HELM 15 exercise.

Jade Helm Martial Law WW3 Prep Document 1

Over 1,200 service members will participate in JADE HELM 15 throughout Texas to include the training unit, operational support personnel, and opposing force personnel.

Anticipate minimal physical impact on given area due to the large area of operations.

Funding identified for this portion of the exercise will go straight into the economy in the way of supplies, food, fuel, lodging, and services for exercise participants.

Estimated economic impact of JADE HELM is approximately $150,000.00 into the local economy.

www.scribd.com...

What does that mean? Each city gone through will receive funds? There are 16 locations in Texas alone. They would also have to pay Walmart for their time out of business. This thing appears it's going to cost many MILLIONS but it's nice to see they claim an insignificant figure about the cost.

no read again,

Estimated economic impact of JADE HELM is approximately $150,000.00 into the local economy.

Means that's what the local economy will benefit from this.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The word "plumbing" is key. It was used for all 5 closings. Its root meaning is "lead". Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Call us crazy but my entire family had been getting prepared for awhile. Some of my family is part of the Texas militia at the border right now. They called my dad and said that something fishy was going on down there too. Keep your eyes out and be open to many explanations. You don't think something crazy might happen and then bam they hit and your not prepared. Things are getting ugly. What I want to know is why only local news and underground news sites are reporting on this. Where are the major news stations in reporting on this? Too focused on what Hilary eats.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Black_FoxI live in Tulsa, there are 3 Walmart supercenters in Tulsa. There are 4 Walmart Markets here in town. All the employees where given the opportunity to transfer to other stores. But it was curious that Walmart management from Bentonville only gave everyone a few hrs notice, that the store was closing. They told everyone it is a temporary closing. My question is why now and why so quick. I have seen Walmart's completely remodel and never shut down. If the plumbing problem is so bad they close the store. It would be cheaper to build a new building than tear up all that concrete to fix the store. Why was local management not told before hand?, is another question I have. The one that closed is on the North side of town. It is where a lot of low income people shop. Could profits be that bad?

www.fox23.com...

if they have no water, they can't stay open.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ObjectZero
If they wanted to cut jobs why say it's about the plumbing? Just say they're cutting back. Sure no one like cut back but you don't have people looking at you when you say that. If it's plumbing it normally comes with a reason. A main blew, toilets are bad, or we just didn't like the color of the toilet seat.

They have gone ahead and told people they don't have a job anymore last minute and shut down or cut back on a store be for why not this time as well. Why would the people working there not know about a plumbing problem so bad that it needs to store to be shut down for that long? You would think they would all know about the plumbing problem since it would most likely be a normal thing to complain about while at work.

My guess, as to why they would blame plumbing instead of cutting jobs, is that cutting jobs would look bad on their stock holdings...making it seem as if they were doing it because they were losing money. Closing up due to plumbing issues would not be a big deal for this, unfortunately it has now hit some major media and is being broadcast around....probably something they did not expect.

Cutting jobs usually causes stocks to go up ?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It's against federal law to fire employees for lobbying for a union. So they shut down entire stores for months for "plumbing problems" putting everyone out of work and when they re-open the "sheeple" will presumably be more docile. They don't care, they have 4,000 stores.

The real conspiracy here is how the largest employer in the country treats its employees.

Instead, people are talking Alex Jones nonsense about FEMA detention camps and military exercises.

You do realize that you posted something that happened back in November 2014, right? And that it was reported nationally? That doesn't sound even remotely like what is happening here. And isn't it just as far-fetched to believe that the "largest employer in the country", who "don't care, they have 4000 stores" would go to such lengths to explain the closing of a handful of stores just to dump what amounts to a relative handful of employees? They don't care about losing revenue from those stores, but they care enough to make up a ridiculous cover story for why they're closing them? That sounds perfectly legit to you?

Yet the possibility of something going on that may very well involve their participation in a military training exercise, that this huge company with its notorious lack of giving a damn about what anyone thinks of their labor practices could possibly be complicit in something that could cause harm to the entire country if it is indeed more than just an exercise, is just "talking Alex Jones nonsense"? Do you realize that if something like that is in fact happening, they will be counting on people like you to convince others that it is just bunk as well, so when it begins no one will question anything until it's far too late? I think we all are fervently hoping it really is nothing, but it is a mistake to simply dismiss what is a very real possibility as nonsense right out of the gate. Vigilance is never a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I don't think they will be using the stores as FEMA camps
because those camps already exist. Maybe they will use
them for hospitals during the drills or like someone else
pointed out using them for acts of when TSHF & people
rushing in to take everything they need to survive &
its chaos. ???
I wonder if any of the supposed FEMA camps are located
near any of the stores that are closing?

No way on the plumbing...

Cheers
Ektar

I suppose it would be helpful in training if you used stores with all the stuff inside and hired hundreds of actors to run into the store as violent desperate looters who are out of food and water, as would happen in any real event.
The looting during katrina was a mess and the operation was a mess, they do need this kind of practice i am sure.

Many keep forgetting that someone at one store said the workers were being offered positions at other stores btw.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

In addition to the Pico Rivera, CA store protests I just found this below. This is the same Walmart in Tulsa that was just closed for "plumbing problems." It's hard slogging but I'm betting there are similar stories connected with all the Walmarts that were just closed. I do know the Tampa area (re: the Brandon Walmart) had/has Walmart employee activism going on.
a reply to: DelMarvel

Again, this did not happen recently. Hence the title "Black Friday Protests Planned at Walmarts". It is interesting that a couple of the same stores are among the ones closing, though. Looks like I'll be doing some reading between customers this afternoon, then.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join