It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama removes Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism....never thought I would see this...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

What we need is a good five cent cigar.

5 dollars is good... hehe I like good cigars and 5 dollars will get you a good cigar....

Grow some tobacco. I am going to give it a shot myself. At least if I die from it, it'll be knowing it was pure and home grown.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Grow some tobacco. I am going to give it a shot myself. At least if I die from it, it'll be knowing it was pure and home grown.

No... Grow it with Cuban base seed, in the right climate, then age it for 7 years, then spend 30 years learning how to make a great cigar...

I'll pay the 5 bucks and enjoy it...hehe

Grow pot instead...much easier
edit on 17-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No... Grow it with Cuban base seed, in the right climate, then age it for 7 years, then spend 30 years learning how to make a great cigar...

I'll pay the 5 bucks and enjoy it...hehe

I have a barn. I have patience. If it takes me 30 years I'm a dumb ass. I control the climate.
edit on 17-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I have a barn. I have patience. If it takes me 30 years I'm a dumb ass.

Or young...it is funny how when a person is young, money is more important than time, and as a person ages time becomes more important than money...

you will need to move to central america too...hehe climate thing...
edit on 17-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I have a barn. I have patience. If it takes me 30 years I'm a dumb ass.

Or young...it is funny how when a person is young, money is more important than time, and as a person ages time becomes more important than money...

you will need to move to central america too...hehe climate thing...

I have the power to control the climate. All year round. I'm already old. I'll speed the process up. Go watch some of the wonderful things that can be done now. If nothing else, I'll still have a better cigar than the the cheap # you buy.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't think you can buy a swisher sweet for five bucks anymore. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He is trying to legacy build.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Does this mean we can buy Cuban Cigars now?

Typically Cuban cigars are average at best. Some are rated high as long as you are willing to pay 35 bucks a cigar, but from a serious cigar smoker, I'm not really impressed with most Cubans I smoke compared to my list of favorites.

Yep. Anyone can make a good cigar. There is nothing special about Cuban cigars. Just a bunch of hype from closet Marxists trying to send money to communists.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I'll still have a better cigar than the the cheap # you buy.

Boy that hurts...hehe

Now I also drink 18yr scotch, care to make that too? :p

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Cuba exported revolution to Latin American countries friendly to US economic interests. Terrorism was just a political "label" used to implement material embargoes and political exclusion after the missile crisis. By the way, the US used the cold war as an excuse to establish real terrorist groups in Latin America, who went about murdering and torturing hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans and Hondurans who were against the visage of American policies and corporations. The US has never wanted democracies in Latin America, but merely ruthless right wing dictators to do Washington's cold war bidding at any expense.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

and in Cuba's case the USSR / Russia got the ruthless right wing dictators to do Moscow's cold war bidding at any expense.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Gianfar

and in Cuba's case the USSR / Russia got the ruthless right wing dictators to do Moscow's cold war bidding at any expense.

Not sure where you are going with that. Can you elaborate?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

While I agree with what you stated, to an extent, about the US and what it did in south America. I was pointing out that the US is not the only country responsible for actions like that. The USSR / Russia did the exact same thing.

The cold war was by proxy and both sides are responsible for the mess in these countries.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Gianfar

While I agree with what you stated, to an extent, about the US and what it did in south America. I was pointing out that the US is not the only country responsible for actions like that. The USSR / Russia did the exact same thing.

The cold war was by proxy and both sides are responsible for the mess in these countries.

If we're using examples of cold war policies in the case of Latin American countries, one would have to say that the US did many times as much damage socially and economically than the USSR ever did. The main reason for that was that the US was preemptive in its policies, installing a number of right wing dictators and creating right wing terrorist groups that operated much like Hamas and Hezbollah do today. In El Salvador alone, hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered or dissapeared by the US trained right wing groups. Something similar was instituted in in Honduras with secret police and torture chambers. In the 1980s, leaks revealed how members of the CIA and American Embassy in Tegucigalpa witnessed the torture of innocent people.

This pattern also fits in with the systemic torture of Iraqi store keepers in US military holding facilities (Abu Ghraib et-al) and the emergence of ISIS from Iraq to Libya.

Statistically, the CIA/NSA destroyed fledging Latin American democracies through the installment of despotic tyrants who were faithful to whatever harsh social measures the CIA wanted to enforce in order to protect America from the so-called communist threat.

I'm a patriot of "freedom", and it really burns me when people connect the cold war to their security. The cold wars against communism and now against Islam is a fraudulent hypocrisy based on some twisted logic that our enemies hate us because of our material wealth. Its not about what America has, but how it was obtained.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This would have happened in the early 90's except for one thing. The Cuban exile community in Miami was against it and with Florida being a swing state nobody was going to cross them. By now even the majority of them are for ties with Cuba so Obama could make this move. The rest of the World has been beating us over the head with that stupid embargo for decades because we had zero reasons to justify it beyond politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join