It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS training camp only eight miles from Texas border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is what Obama has wrought. Isis camped out on our border.

We should set up an anti terror camp across from them filled with Delta Force and let them go live training.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

On the one hand, ISIS is deeply Wahhabist. On the other hand, it is ultra radical in a different way. It could be seen essentially as a corrective movement to contemporary Wahhabism.

ISIS is a "post-Medina" movement: it looks to the actions of the first two Caliphs, rather than the Prophet Muhammad himself, as a source of emulation, and it forcefully denies the Saudis' claim of authority to rule.

Today, ISIS' undermining of the legitimacy of the King's legitimacy is not seen to be problematic, but rather a return to the true origins of the Saudi-Wahhab project.

The link the Wahhabism and ISIS is well documented.

More links:
How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism
Wahhabism to ISIS: how Saudi Arabia exported the main source of global terrorism
To Understand ISIS, Start with Wahhabism

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

On the one hand, ISIS is deeply Wahhabist. On the other hand, it is ultra radical in a different way. It could be seen essentially as a corrective movement to contemporary Wahhabism.

ISIS is a "post-Medina" movement: it looks to the actions of the first two Caliphs, rather than the Prophet Muhammad himself, as a source of emulation, and it forcefully denies the Saudis' claim of authority to rule.

Today, ISIS' undermining of the legitimacy of the King's legitimacy is not seen to be problematic, but rather a return to the true origins of the Saudi-Wahhab project.

More links:
Wahhabism to ISIS: how Saudi Arabia exported the main source of global terrorism

You missed my addition to my earlier post.

“The Saudis Can Crush ISIS”

“Saudi Arabia is not the source of ISIS, it’s the group’s primary target.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You're getting sidetracked from my point. My point was that ISIS is wahhabist. That is where their ideology comes from.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

More links:

I took a look at your links: The Huffington Post, New Statesman, and Real Clear World.

Here's more from the NY Times piece:

“Saudi Arabia has put the group (ISIS) on its list of terrorist sponsors, declared that funding ISIS is a crime with severe penalties, and arrested ISIS supporters and operatives over the past several months.”

“While it is true that the kingdom (Saudi Arabia) espouses Salafism, ISIS’ claim that it is Salafi has no basis. Salafism is based on the word salaf, or “the ancestors,” referring to the way Islam was practiced by Prophet Muhammad’s early followers in the religion’s first three generations.”

ISIS follows an ideology that is a continuation of a crude sect known as the Kharijites, or the ones that “deviated” from the Muslim community during the reign of the fourth Caliph Ali (whom they assassinated). The Kharijites believed that whoever disagreed with them should be murdered as infidels (takfir), rationalized mass killings against civilians, including women and children (isti’rad), and practiced an extreme form of inquisition to test their opponent’s faith (imtihan).

www.nytimes.com...

Let me repeat that:

"ISIS’ claim that it is Salafi has NO basis."

edit on 14-4-2015 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Looks like ISrael's mossad psyop is being imported all ready. Surely our tax dollars are funding it. All the guns they could ever want thanks Obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Fine. Agree to disagree. The original point was that ISIS views anyone that isn't them as a threat and targets everyone, not just right wing Christians. So pointing out that Christians would end up targeted by a ISIS camp on the border is ridiculous, because I as an agnostic would share a similar fate as a Christian if caught. Heck I'd say that even most if not all of the Muslims that post on ATS would also share that fate if caught as well.

Good thing this story is just right wing fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Now why would the US government want to take out the camps. I thought they left the borders wide open for a invitation of an attack, then a green light would be allowed to attack the middle east and finish off Iran and Syria.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jinzetsu
If they know where their base is why not take action?

For the same reason no action was taken against alCIAduh pre 9-11.

Everything is going according to plan

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
IMHO there is no way any Mexican cartel would be helping terrorists infiltrate the US, any way you look at it, it's bad for business. Besides I cannot find anything in this story that is verifiable.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Fine. Agree to disagree. The original point was that ISIS views anyone that isn't them as a threat and targets everyone, not just right wing Christians. So pointing out that Christians would end up targeted by a ISIS camp on the border is ridiculous, because I as an agnostic would share a similar fate as a Christian if caught. Heck I'd say that even most if not all of the Muslims that post on ATS would also share that fate if caught as well.

Yes, but ISIS has made a special point of targeting Christians -- I think to goad the American people into war.

So now I know that Salafists (Saudis) and Kharijites (ISIS) are competing sects of Sunni.

I forgot to add that I do NOT think this is right wing fear mongering.
edit on 14-4-2015 by AuranVector because: to add comment

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This doesnt make sense. I am not saying its not true, but if you think that US cops are out of control when it comes to their safety, you should see Mexico. The federal SWAT police and Army would be all over that place and would kill a bunch of them if they found so much as a revolver. You cant even bribe your way out of problems when it comes to weapons in Mexico. Either you have untold millions to bribe with AND an army that can fight off the Mexican army, or you die playing those games.

They may have the money, but I doubt they have cartel number of soldiers.

Its just a little odd. MIGHT be true, though, I imagine if the wrong person in the Mexican government finds out what they are doing they will have marines knocking on their door the next day. You cant even TRAIN paramilitary militias even if you dont have weapons. They see you training, and they start shooting. Talk about zero tolerance.

Very odd.
edit on 4 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It seems as though something is being forgotten here...

The dug cartels aren't going to help ISIS kill customers that they make their money off of.

Yes ISIS may be talking to the cartels, but I would go as far to say they are doing deals that involve Afghan Heroin.

Drug money is a massive source of profit for ISIS, who makes up to $1 billion annually from sales throughout its conquered lands, according to the Russian Federal Drug Control Service (FSKN).

rt.com...

As far as a training camp 8 miles from the US border...Does one not think the US has eyes and people on the ground that would have found out information about this, as this isn't something you could hide for long.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
It's from Judicial Watch, which in my opinion has the same respectability and credibility of the Daily Mail, Alex Jones, Fox News and the Weekly World News. Ok, so maybe the WWN has a bit more reliability...

I agree...amazing that this is the first we are hearing about this, because nobody else has sounded the alarm, no second source given, and of course, no names are used for these "Mexican authorities"...not saying it couldn't be true, but credibility for this source is zero to none for me.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
its an open border that why it makes sense, you get enough cells over the boarder they coordinate an attack multiple places at once,

Of course some will still blame the wrong entities.

What is it denial or support?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

Yes, but ISIS has made a special point of targeting Christians -- I think to goad the American people into war.

Well yes and no. ISIS is trying anything to incite violence against them which results in violence against civilian targets. This is ISIS' best tool for recruitment. But mark my words, I'm sure capturing ANY American regardless of religion would be good enough for ISIS, especially if they are just using that capture as a means to goad America into war.

So now I know that Salafists (Saudis) and Kharijites (ISIS) are competing sects of Sunni.

I forgot to add that I do NOT think this is right wing fear mongering.

Sure it is. Nothing in the article is verifiable. The sources are dubious at best. No photographs. No American government response to the existence of the camp. And no other sources except right wing news outlets are reporting it. Nothing about the story makes sense if you think about it logically.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

Well yes and no. ISIS is trying anything to incite violence against them which results in violence against civilian targets. This is ISIS' best tool for recruitment. But mark my words, I'm sure capturing ANY American regardless of religion would be good enough for ISIS, especially if they are just using that capture as a means to goad America into war.

I agree with that.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Im going to say this is very unlikely.If it was true Mexican army would be all over the area with backup from the US. We have counter terrorism agreements with Mexico.Meaning US forces would be there already as well .Hezbollah has been attempting to cross the border since the Iraq war started. There have been several caught and even prosecuted. The real threat is Canada its easy to cross the Canadian border and its incredibly easy for a terrorist to enter canada. They simply fly to central america board a flight to canada and they leave the airport. At which time the Canadian border has millions of places they can cross unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This seems like a bunch of fearmongering bull. It really makes no sense that a trianing camp is 8 mile away from texas. Why would they put a training camp that close? They can't train somewhere else. The only thing this helps is the beating of war drums and dis information. I guess it might be possible, but why would they do it? Who does it benefit to have info like that out there?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't know what bothers me more, people just now freaking out about the lack of border security, or the people that think they are some kind of super warfighter. Seriously who would win in a battle between someone who grew up in a worn torn country who was taught from birth how to follow their God at all cost and kill everyone that doesn't agree, and someone who grew up not in fear for their life because war always happens somewhere else and can choose their beliefs? I am amazed at so many people think because they go to a store or gun show and buy a "assault" rifle and a bunch of tacti-cool crap, then go to the gun range on the weekends and learn how to shoot "tactically" that are some kind of unstoppable force. The enemy you are going to face in ANY scenario would wipe the floor with the guy who sits on his porch drinking beer talking about how "we can kick those terrorists @$$ any day of the week". You think the enemy has a day job and only goes out "training" once a month with his buddies? Training to kill you and destroy your entire way of life is their day job. If you think just because we have guns and are Texas we will win be default you are dead wrong. Do you think you could blow up or gun down men, women, and children and move on to the next? if not you are behind the curve on their type of fighting.

(this is not my quote)

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.

He knows only The Cause." -unknown author-

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join