It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Greven

Pretty sure that if you were an impressionable three year old, you'd be scared of whatever waltzed into your home and terrorized you. It's not outrageous for a child to be scared of something that violated what is supposed to be a safe environment.

The thread isn't based on a false premise. The judge, while not coming out and saying it directly, did imply child's fear and the parent's fostering of that fear, was racist. Screw that judge. He's garbage who doesn't deserve to preside over anything.

On a side note... Probation!? Really!!? It's a shame someone in the family wasn't armed.

Well thought out response that didn't address the post to which you are replying nor the article.... but that's the MO of any reply here on ATS that blows a right wing thread out the water...

As the judge was there and heard the entire case, not just some generalities on a message board, I'm pretty sure that he has a far greater grasp of the situation, but you keep going with your knee jerk reactions.

Derek

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

Why don't you go through my post again, read the second paragraph, and apply reading comprehension to it. Then you might be able to see where I did, on multiple occasions, address the article and the post to which I replied.

I don't see where the judges words were taken out of context by me, or anyone else with my line of thinking. Just because you're not able to infer what that judge meant, does not mean everyone else can't.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Are you quite sure that the judge's words are not being taken out of context? I mean, he says this:

"This little girl certainly has been victimized, and she can't help the way she feels," he said. "My exception is more with her parents and their accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes."

Yet, the very title of this thread says the judge accuses the child of being racist. What y'all are missing is that the parents allege the child of being "racist" (if you count black AND male as a race) as a result of of the robbery. That is, of course, assuming the parents' statements are true.

Recall that this was quoted by the OP):

A black judge in Kentucky gave a home invader and armed robber a light sentence because he said he feels that the three-year-old white victim was a “racist”

Recall that the parents wrote those statements pushing for a harsher sentence than the probation which was already being considered by the judge, ergo he did not just decide to give a light sentence because of the statement. Rather, the statement failed to convince the judge on a harsher sentence.

edit: uh... well the title of the thread got changed, that's a start
edit on 20Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:53:20 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'm outraged that an ignorant judge is too stupid to recognize what a traumatic experience that is for a three year old girl. That almost makes me wish that I lived in Louisville so I could vote that garbage judge out.

Yeah...for him to have made such a stink over this because of his personal feelings is not what a judge is there for.....he is there to sentence a criminal, which he also failed miserably at doing.....

It's kind of hard to expect human beings to be objective and to not let their feelings rule them.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I really believe that judges have way too much power anyway. They have absolute control over the fate of anyone that crosses their path... regardless of innocent or guilty. It could even be something trivial, and a judge can ruin a life.

That kind of power needs to be put back into the hands of jurors. A judge should have no more power than that of a sports referee.

Omg, I'd give you one million stars if I could.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 4/14/2015 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hotel1
I'm afraid of all those who try to kill people and try to blow things up so give the terrorists a light sentence.

I think Obama, Hillary, and many others are way ahead of you on that. By the way, we're not allowed to call them terrorists. Don't you know, they're just disenfranchised and just need jobs!

/sarc

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: aboutface
This is wrong on so many levels. Blaming the victims, letting the offender off and then going public on facebook. If he wanted to stop the little girl's fears, he could have ordered counseling for her, and taken care to do his damn job. Anyone robbed in their home at gunpoint will be severely impacted. What has this incompetent judge done that rings true to his responsibilities? Instead, he focuses on raising the little one's fears to a full racist issue and ignores the crime. I hope someone does something about this man's incompetence.

Completely agree...this judge should not be a judge if this is how he imparts equal justice for all. Nice slap on the wrists for what will likely be a repeat offender type of situation. Robbers don't typically break in when people are home, and the fact these guys did seems like a big statement that they did not care....yet they get probation after pleading guilty...

Sadly, as you said, likely, he will be a repeat offender, and next time, the next family might not be as lucky and make it out alive.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If this little girl had been black, Kentucky would be in uprage now, with thousands on the streets burning cars and robbing convenience stores while shouting "black lives matter", even though shes not dead.

This judge has shown his ignorance prevents him from making coherent decisions. He should be removed immediately from his post.

The fact that one of the attackers was let free because he'd won a sports scholarship is also a crock.
He was a willing and admitted accomplice to an armed robbery where a little girl was terrified, but all that doesn't matter one iota, why...because he can run fast or play football well and we cant # up HIS future can we.

edit on AM3Wed20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This judge needs to be kicked out of the court system. This is sickening. Imagine if a white judge ranted at a little black girl and gave white criminals probation. This would be worldwide news story and blacks would riot. How is this ok?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
That's not what happened at all. Read some of my posts in this thread.

Most seem to have taken the OP at face value, when the OP cites someone who is literally making crap up.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What happened to the original thread title?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mikecheque

I suppose was changed because it was obviously incorrect, despite what some seem to believe.
edit on 9Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:39:08 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

originally posted by: Jinzetsu
Only in america...

Right, because stuff like this never happens anywhere else. Get over yourself.

Actually, it doesn't. That that I can recollect here anyway.

It would be helpful if you could cite some cases that it has.

edit on 15-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

originally posted by: Jinzetsu
Only in america...

Right, because stuff like this never happens anywhere else. Get over yourself.

Actually, it doesn't. That that I can recollect here anyway.

It would be helpful if you could cite some cases that it has.

Look it's not the first time a judge abused his power. You have a computer look it up.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

How exactly did this judge abuse his power?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

How exactly did this judge abuse his power?

Really?? Do you even know what thread your in?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I certainly do. Please state specifically what the judge did to abuse his power.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven
He injected social commentary into a criminal court case.

That is not his job, nor within his jurisdiction. As a judge, he should have been well aware of that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join