It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So here is a messed up story of a Judge that says he is upset because a little girl, whom he points out is white, is now afraid of black men after her home was broken into by black men, and robbed at gunpoint. She wrote it in a victims statement.....the judge responded by saying he wanted on the record how deeply upsetting it was to him that she would be afraid of all black men after this, then sentenced the armed robbers to probation.....PROBATION!

Video of his court room antics is at the link......ridiculous story, and this judge should be ashamed of himself. The girl was 3 years old at the time of the robbery.....

A black judge in Kentucky gave a home invader and armed robber a light sentence because he said he feels that the three-year-old white victim was a “racist” because in her victim statement the little girl said she is now afraid of black people after two black men broke into her home and threatened her with a gun.

In an outrageous statement from the bench, Louisville Judge Olu Stevens attacked the tiny white toddler and her parents for their “racism” calling the little girl’s statement “disturbing” while at the same time excusing the actions of the criminals who traumatized her. That’s right, this judge was more upset at a little girl for being scared by armed robbers than he was at the armed robbers.

At the sentencing trial of one of the robbers, a victim’s impact statement written by the little girl’s mother was entered into evidence. The statement read in part, “Whenever we are running errands, if we come across a black male, she holds me tight and begs me to leave. It has affected her friendships at school and our relationships with African-American friends.”

Source

Found video on YT...

edit on 4/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 14 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: title change to reflect source title

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sounds like reverse racism on several counts.

The meathead that broke into the house is still guilty any way they look at it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Only in america...

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like reverse racism on several counts.

The meathead that broke into the house is still guilty any way they look at it.

That is what I don't get....the guys got probation out of an armed robbery. Isn't that a felony? Not only that, but a 3 year old was there on the couch when the two guys broke in. Wallace even pleaded guilty to the offenses. But hey...let's cut him a break and get on to the white people that were the victims because their kids is now afraid of black people after they traumatized her....

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ME thinks this is going to get reported to the ACLU and their countys highest law enforcer. Even al sharpton can see the racism of that judge.(although he wont admit it)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
ME thinks this is going to get reported to the ACLU and their countys highest law enforcer. Even al sharpton can see the racism of that judge.(although he wont admit it)

May get reported to ACLU, but the judge is already defending his statements on his facebook page and in the press. Either way, unless this is heavily picked up on by MSM, it will likely disappear in the next day or so.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm outraged that an ignorant judge is too stupid to recognize what a traumatic experience that is for a three year old girl. That almost makes me wish that I lived in Louisville so I could vote that garbage judge out.
edit on 4/14/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like reverse racism on several counts

no such thing as reverse racism, just plain racism. and this judge's decision is moronic but within his rights while totally absurd, i'm sure that decision can and will be appealed. judge is way out of line here.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels. Blaming the victims, letting the offender off and then going public on facebook. If he wanted to stop the little girl's fears, he could have ordered counseling for her, and taken care to do his damn job. Anyone robbed in their home at gunpoint will be severely impacted. What has this incompetent judge done that rings true to his responsibilities? Instead, he focuses on raising the little one's fears to a full racist issue and ignores the crime. I hope someone does something about this man's incompetence.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

These armed robbers got a lighter sentence because the victim is a "racist" huh?

Isn't that sort of like saying we won't jail this guy on rape charges because the female victim was "asking for it?"

I thought we had moved past this.

Spread this on social media if you participate in it please...don't let this fool get away with this.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm afraid of all those who try to kill people and try to blow things up so give the terrorists a light sentence.
edit on 14-4-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm outraged that an ignorant judge is too stupid to recognize what a traumatic experience that is for a three year old girl. That almost makes me wish that I lived in Louisville so I could vote that garbage judge out.

Yeah...for him to have made such a stink over this because of his personal feelings is not what a judge is there for.....he is there to sentence a criminal, which he also failed miserably at doing.....

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like reverse racism on several counts

no such thing as reverse racism, just plain racism. and this judge's decision is moronic but within his rights while totally absurd, i'm sure that decision can and will be appealed. judge is way out of line here.

I understand he is allowed to state an opinion on the matter, but to make it on record for the court and to shame a little girl after what she went through just for his personal opinion is disgusting. He was not there and has no idea what type of trauma this kid has gone through because of this.

My ex had this same thing happen when she was 6 or 7 and hid in a pantry closet in the kitchen while armed robbers ransacked her parents home...they opened the closet, looked at her, then continued to go in and out of the house with belongings....she still has nightmares about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
This is wrong on so many levels. Blaming the victims, letting the offender off and then going public on facebook. If he wanted to stop the little girl's fears, he could have ordered counseling for her, and taken care to do his damn job. Anyone robbed in their home at gunpoint will be severely impacted. What has this incompetent judge done that rings true to his responsibilities? Instead, he focuses on raising the little one's fears to a full racist issue and ignores the crime. I hope someone does something about this man's incompetence.

Completely agree...this judge should not be a judge if this is how he imparts equal justice for all. Nice slap on the wrists for what will likely be a repeat offender type of situation. Robbers don't typically break in when people are home, and the fact these guys did seems like a big statement that they did not care....yet they get probation after pleading guilty...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jinzetsu
Only in america...

Right, because stuff like this never happens anywhere else. Get over yourself.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One only wonders how he treats victims of sexual assault ... Of course, they're going to be afraid of people who attacked them or those who resemble the ones who attacked them. It's a process to start confronting those fears and learning to see people as individuals again. He should know that after all his years in the courtroom.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
One only wonders how he treats victims of sexual assault ... Of course, they're going to be afraid of people who attacked them or those who resemble the ones who attacked them. It's a process to start confronting those fears and learning to see people as individuals again. He should know that after all his years in the courtroom.

I love how he makes the blanket assumption that the parents were condoning her fear without even having the parents in the courtroom to defend the victim statement. He is assuming they are not trying to teach their child that all black people are not robbers. Does he think a 3 year old that went through this will get over it in a matter of a few years or something? A 3 year olds brain is not wired like that.....a traumatic event like what happened could scar a child's brain for life....I couldn't imagine even trying to get my child to sleep after something like this.....my youngest gets scared when the closet door in her room is open at night and she is only 2.

What a moronic judge. He should go to some classes on how to handle situation like this for children if he is going to go on rants like that and sling accusations at toddlers...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Only in america...

You sound like a typical patriot who licks the shoes of your country regardless of what crap they step on.

No actually, never heard of this kind of stupidity from a judge in any other country. I mean have I read about strange things going on in other countries regarding law? Sure, like this? Against a 3 yr old? Never.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yep. We forgot to turn the monitor on one night and the windows in the kid's room were open. It was a gorgeous night, but a really bad storm rolled in. By the time we woke up, the thunder and lightning were crashing horrendously loudly, and there is no way to know how long our little guy had been up and screaming in abject terror. Talk about feeling like world class heels!

To this day (he'll be 5 this fall), he still gets nervous over storms in broad daylight.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Only in america...

You sound like a typical patriot who licks the shoes of your country regardless of what crap they step on.

No actually, never heard of this kind of stupidity from a judge in any other country. I mean have I read about strange things going on in other countries regarding law? Sure, like this? Against a 3 yr old? Never.

And you sound like typical US hater who hates simply because you were told to hate.

No this isn't the first time in world history that a judge abused his power like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join