It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sampson County Deputy shoots and kills suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
abc11.com...

The robbery happened at a Han-Dee Hugo's convenience store in Garland around 11:30 p.m. Sunday night. Officials said the suspect, 32-year-old Jason Lee Evans, came into the business and fired a gun into the ceiling. Sometime after that, deputies spotted Evans driving a white-colored Chevy sedan and gave chase.

The chase ended after about 20 miles when officers used "stop sticks" to flatten the tires of the Evans' vehicle. That's when investigators say Evans got out and pointed a gun at Deputy Louis M. High Jr. and gunfire was exchanged.

High was not injured.

A Sampson County official said that because of something said by Evans as he exited his vehicle, a bomb squad from Cumberland County was called in to check out the car. No explosives were found.

Former neighbors told ABC11 that Evans battled a drug addiction.

There were no injuries at the convenience store where the robbery happened.

High is on administrative leave. The Sheriff's Office is currently conducting an administrative investigation of the incident.

This is pretty much routine and nothing conspiracy natured about this event, but it does hit me close to home. The deputy grew up less than 300 feet from my house. He was a super kid and has been a great adult. I feel bad that he had to take a life and I pray that he doesn't have any problems from this, as it was his job and this was going to happen regardless of who the deputy was.

This isn't a normal thing around where I live. Cops are usually dealing with kids being kids and drunks driving around...and the occasional meth lab.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you know the deputy ... seek him out. Let him know what you understand. It'll make a huge difference in what he's dealing with.

Sucking it up alone ... well ... ... it sucks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Good advice. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

From what I see here, your right, nothing but a police officer doing his job.

Unfortunately, he is probably going to carry the weight of this around with him for the rest of his life.

It sucks he will probably me effected by this because some douche can't act right.

I love good cops, I have been lucky enough to know many.

Quick to smile, always out talking to the citizens of the community, stopping to play football with the kids.

When I was a kid there was one that would see my brother my friends and I all out and about.

He would take for rides in his car, let us flip the switches for the lights a sirens, let us test our breathe defying speed on our bikes with his radar gun....lol 15 mph was the record, we were speed demons.

One day he had to shoot a guy that was drunk and waving his shotgun around.

He was never quite the same, the smiles came slower, and he always kinda had this sadness in his eyes.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

If you know the deputy ... seek him out. Let him know what you understand. It'll make a huge difference in what he's dealing with.

Sucking it up alone ... well ... ... it sucks.

Very good advice snarl, as always a jewel of wisdom.

I feel bad for the guy, I have seen the end result of this first hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This is why I'm so supportive of body cams. In today's social climate, I can see a cop like this get in trouble for being put in a situation he or she never even wanted to be in.

Film of this will exonerate the innocent cops as much as condemn the guilty. I hope your childhood friend gets through this alright.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Thanks for the positive thoughts. This deputy is just a kid. (early 20's). He and his brother hung out with my son most of his childhood. They were both very good influences on him and for that I am grateful. It's funny, when two kids in the neighborhood would get in a fight, Matt (the deputy) would let them scrap until the point was made, then he would intervene. He is going to make a fantastic cop. One of the good guys.

Thanks again for all the thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Agree with everything everyone else has said.
While I am extremely critical of the system and very critical of numerous cops and their attitudes, there are obviously good guys in the police forces across the US and they should be supported. I don't see anything about this case that would lead anyone to believe this young man was doing anything other than his job.

And yes, there should be cameras on cops, not just to catch out the bad cops, but to exonerate the innocent cops too.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
abc11.com...

The robbery happened at a Han-Dee Hugo's convenience store in Garland around 11:30 p.m. Sunday night. Officials said the suspect, 32-year-old Jason Lee Evans, came into the business and fired a gun into the ceiling. Sometime after that, deputies spotted Evans driving a white-colored Chevy sedan and gave chase.

The chase ended after about 20 miles when officers used "stop sticks" to flatten the tires of the Evans' vehicle. That's when investigators say Evans got out and pointed a gun at Deputy Louis M. High Jr. and gunfire was exchanged.

High was not injured.

A Sampson County official said that because of something said by Evans as he exited his vehicle, a bomb squad from Cumberland County was called in to check out the car. No explosives were found.

Former neighbors told ABC11 that Evans battled a drug addiction.

There were no injuries at the convenience store where the robbery happened.

High is on administrative leave. The Sheriff's Office is currently conducting an administrative investigation of the incident.

This is pretty much routine and nothing conspiracy natured about this event, but it does hit me close to home. The deputy grew up less than 300 feet from my house. He was a super kid and has been a great adult. I feel bad that he had to take a life and I pray that he doesn't have any problems from this, as it was his job and this was going to happen regardless of who the deputy was.

This isn't a normal thing around where I live. Cops are usually dealing with kids being kids and drunks driving around...and the occasional meth lab.

a great adult? shooting a SUSPECT IS ROUTINE WHERE YOU LIVE?

I find it quite interesting that behind the usual sociopathic exoneration/justification narrative, including bringing up anything negative about the victims past, is a seemingly distinct lack of pictures of the victim and google seems unable to provide one. funny how "hygienic" all the articles and newscasts are in regard to the usual mention of race.

no conspiracy here?
lol

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well, if that's his first, I can tell you if he's not a sociopath he's going to have the long dark tea-time of the soul tonight. A kind word would likely help.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

I can see you would rather run your mouth than read.
Please point out where the conspiracy is sport.
edit on 15-4-2015 by network dude because: downgraded insult

You seem to be a professional troll. Pop into most threads and spread some dumbassery around as if you have a clue.
You don't. Someone with such a limited mentality would do better elsewhere. Pro tip.
edit on 15-4-2015 by network dude because: upgraded insult.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Don't make a fuss.

why should we simply accept your claims unexamined?

especially at a time when the police, due to their sociopathic and tyrannical conduct and pathological mendacity
need all the good publicity they can get.
aided and abetted by all the punitive populists that seem to springing up everywhere.

we can get into the hypocrisy of the ol' "he was/is a good boy" defensive apologetics in another post.

facts:
sampson county is quite a large area in NC, as of the 2010 Census, the population was 63,431.
can we narrow this down regarding geography a bit, seeing as you're being so helpful?

all the articles newscasts seem to be following the SAME GENEREIC, AND HIGHLY SANITIZED SCRIPT.
no pics
[and you know what they say about no pics]

googling "sampson county, NC lynching" throws up

About 23,000 results (0.74 seconds)

we're supposed to deny ignorance here

not swallow it...

as a debunker and self styled truth-defender you should know this, pro...

edit on 15-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: added comment

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Lets see, a guy robs a store, then runs and is chased by cops. Then he jumps out and points a gun at the cops.

In your little head, at what point is the officer justified in protecting himself? Before he's shot, or after?

#braindead

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

googling "sampson county, NC lynching" throws up
About 23,000 results (0.74 seconds)

Yep, and googling "AdamuBureido criminal" gives About 8,690 results (0.66 seconds)

does that mean you are a thug?

Forest Gump was right. Stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 15-4-2015 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

sigh... apples and oranges, ad homs, slander, and your source is "the police say"

oh, and your google example is actually 85 including this thread, in most cases the words crime and criminal just happens to be on the same page

= BS

whereas "sampson county, NC lynching" leads to actual reports of lynchings
www.fayobserver.com...
102 for all of NC

pics?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Enjoy the view of the bridge.
From underneath.

new topics

top topics