It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The #scarylucy statue is in my area.We are LOVING the attention. NOW they want to take it away!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
For the past few weeks the little village of Celoron , NY has been thrust into the spotlight over an old bronze sculpture of Lucille Ball..
Me hanging with Lucy...

So a recent public outcry of how ugly her likeness is AFTER 6 YEARS of display has brought much needed attention to our area. With people flocking to have a photo taken with Lucy many of us living here can see the benefits of it remaining ..Not the mayor of Celoron though he is in talks with Comedy Central to purchase the statue and have it shipped away to her old sound stage for the I Love Lucy show which is now @Midnight...via Twitter
#bringlucyhome
I cannot BELIEVE the mayor is so dumb as to not see the value in this! People visiting for a photo will undoubtedly spend $ with local establishments Secondly the statue was a donation by the Artist Dave Poulin.
This gentleman has done alot for our local "art scene" and deserves respect for his talents and his generosity. He ran a local art workshop/school that ran off donations in the early and mid 90's and has peppered our local area with his wonderful Bronze work.

His DONATION of the statue was with reluctance since he was not happy with her face...I feel for him now.
He offered to fix her but to no avail as the Mayor has decided to get rid of her and have a new one sculpted by a different artist..
I LOVE our Lucy statue and want it to remain right where it stands!

not to mention we were on SNL this weekend!!!

SNL Lucy Skit
edit on 4/14/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Zombie Lucy should stay where she is.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Lucy could go into the statue protection program one night to keep her safe .. relocate her to different spots around town at night .. think of the fun you could have messing with the mayors head ...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh bud... how I want to trim your beard...

Leave Lucy alone I tell em...

Nibs

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles
Oh bud... how I want to trim your beard...

Leave Lucy alone I tell em...

Nibs

What's wrong with his beard?

Real men have beards......

Facial hair is one of the defining characteristics between clothed men and women.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You should come to Portugal mate... loads of bearded women...

Nibs

a reply to: johnwick

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks for this. I have been seeing it on the local news, 6 years later it gets a response. Funny.

Might have to drive down and get a pic myself.

Thanks for the OP neighbor

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Thanks for this. I have been seeing it on the local news, 6 years later it gets a response. Funny.

Might have to drive down and get a pic myself.

Thanks for the OP neighbor

you should! Its in solidarity for WNY art!
Cheers neighbor!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Funny I was just watching @midnight last night and they were talking about how they may not get the statue cause they are just gonna redo olé lucy's face.

So all hope is not lost for your city.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Funny I was just watching @midnight last night and they were talking about how they may not get the statue cause they are just gonna redo olé lucy's face.

So all hope is not lost for your city.

That was the situation last week..but that idea was rejected.. now the mayor is hiring a new artist to replace the Statue..so according to the producer from @midnights tweet yesterday which shows him and the Mayor smiling and shaking hands, I assume they came to an agreement..we shall see soon enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
But...but...it doesn't look anything like Lucy.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's why it's Scary Lucy!

OP...

I like the artists other works as well, if I were mobile at the moment I'd been headed up that way ASAP as well for a pic with her as well as some nice memories of the other installations and local color. I'd also recommend the aforementioned idea presented by Expat888 of a community effort of relocating Scary Lucy every so often to keep her around for tourism and curiosity photo collectors.

Something like that should have it's time in the sun of the general public for the collective before being auctioned off for charity or sold to the Discriminant Collector of Curios and Oddities for private showings and viewings.

top topics

join